Coach Smith Will Be Respectfully Fired After The Final Game (Loss) Of This Miserable Season

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What good are play-off wins? Do play-off wins get you a Lombardi?

It is a fair enough point that ultimately everyone outside of the SB champ is a loser, but it's at least evidence that you can win big games when they matter the most. Smitty's record in the playoffs is fair consideration and it's just not been good.

Why? Same group hasn't been on the field in back to back games yet. How are they supposed to become a coherent unit if they don't play together?

I'm sorry, but teams have dealt with Oline injuries across the league. Seattle had 3 starters out this Sunday and has dealt with guys on their Oline missing time all year. Fact is Reynolds & Konz have been horrible, Holmes has not been much better. As much as Baker gets trashed here I think he's not healthy again but he's been bad. Blalock has been average, etc. To say that they haven't all been on the field week to week is a valid excuse for their poor play doesn't cut it. They could all be out there together for 4 weeks straight and we'd still see these same issues. Reynolds poor fundamentals doesn't change b/c Holmes was next to him one week and Trueblood the next.

The 2012 Saints had their coach suspended for the entire year and they won more games than the Falcons. That means that a team with no head coach can do better than Mike Smith.

Seriously, I think it is personnel decisions that are plaguing the Falcons. Signing Baker to a huge deal. Bringing in old Steven Jackson. Trading 5 draft picks for Julio; yeah, he's really good, but that is a lot for ONE guy (Saints got Stills in the 5th, Colston in 7th, and Moore was undrafted).

ha--thats a funny post--Rankin Smith would have moved this team alright---right out of the state of Georgia

I remember when he was threating to move to Jacksonville---sigh---sadly it looks like Jacksonville has moved here

H.ell, if the Smith's were still owners they would be on their 27th coach and his name would be Jerry Glanville, brought out of retirement for the 4th time.

I'm sorry, but teams have dealt with Oline injuries across the league. Seattle had 3 starters out this Sunday and has dealt with guys on their Oline missing time all year. Fact is Reynolds & Konz have been horrible, Holmes has not been much better. As much as Baker gets trashed here I think he's not healthy again but he's been bad. Blalock has been average, etc. To say that they haven't all been on the field week to week is a valid excuse for their poor play doesn't cut it. They could all be out there together for 4 weeks straight and we'd still see these same issues. Reynolds poor fundamentals doesn't change b/c Holmes was next to him one week and Trueblood the next.

Seattle also has Lynch- a player that can move the pile by himself. Falcons have an injured and ineffective SJax. They also have a D that can cover a multitude of sins, falcons don't.

And, yeah, being together with the same unit IS important for cohesion.

Will agree that the playcalling seems lackluster, to say the least, frankly, I think the Falcons are tanking without saying that.

This season has been Muphy's law applied to the entire team. Think everybody coordinator level or above is staying.

Honestly. I could see this harsh backlash. Especially after investing in a new stadium for the team. Only for them to play like this. Im sure AB has seen the routine with Mike Smith. Mike Smith is a good coach. Dont get me wrong. But he is not what the falcons need. He did his job here. He brough life back into this team. He just not getting it done in the areas we need. Maybe he should go to another Team like the Buccaneers. That probably need him more. We need a Zero tolerance coach. One that wins games and still gets on our teams about any foul ups. Regular season victory has made Mike Smith regress and become a weak coach. He is too comfortable.

This is a crazy situation. The team has never really performed up to expectations expectations, the only time would be in 2008 when we really didnt have any expectations. I am starting to think that the FO is not on the same page when it comes to obtaining talent, playing talent, and developing talent. I am at a crossroads because I love what Smitty and TD have done for this team after what we went through in 2007, but I do think some fresh faces could help take the talented players we have and help us get to the next level.

This is a crazy situation. The team has never really performed up to expectations expectations, the only time would be in 2008 when we really didnt have any expectations. I am starting to think that the FO is not on the same page when it comes to obtaining talent, playing talent, and developing talent. I am at a crossroads because I love what Smitty and TD have done for this team after what we went through in 2007, but I do think some fresh faces could help take the talented players we have and help us get to the next level.

You don't think the Falcons performed up to expectations in 2010? 2012?

You don't think the Falcons performed up to expectations in 2010? 2012?

Nope based on getting home field throughout the playoffs and getting beat pretty bad, and not getting to the Superbowl. Even throughout the season especially in 2012 the team never really played up to their full potential and expectations. We had way too many close games in 2012 due to lack of execution in the 2nd half of games. At this point I figured we would have been to at least one superbowl. I really dont know what is going on with the team. I just know that I dont want to waste an golden opportunity to get a pick in the top 5 and with the cap space we have this year. I do think this bad season could really help to get us that Championship within the next 2 years but we have to make some bold moves this upcoming offseason and it could be with the coaching staff. We need to move past being ok with mediocre to bad talent.

Who wants to make a serious bet? Mike Smith is going nowhere. This isn't coming from support. This is just real. Y'all mudder fudgers are setting yourselves up for failure.

I mostly agree with this, unless it starts to look like the team has quit or that Matt Ryan isn't behind him. If that happens, he is in trouble, even though I don't think he deserves to be.

Nope based on getting home field throughout the playoffs and getting beat pretty bad, and not getting to the Superbowl. Even throughout the season especially in 2012 the team never really played up to their full potential and expectations. We had way too many close games in 2012 due to lack of execution in the 2nd half of games. At this point I figured we would have been to at least one superbowl. I really dont know what is going on with the team. I just know that I dont want to waste an golden opportunity to get a pick in the top 5 and with the cap space we have this year. I do think this bad season could really help to get us that Championship within the next 2 years but we have to make some bold moves this upcoming offseason and it could be with the coaching staff. We need to move past being ok with mediocre to bad talent.

Ok, I disagree completely. I think the team way overachieved in 2010 and got beat by a much better football team in the playoffs, then in 2012 they just got beat by a team that was just a little bit better.

Nobody outside of Atlanta thought the Falcons were the favorites for the Super Bowl in either of those years.

Who wants to make a serious bet? Mike Smith is going nowhere. This isn't coming from support. This is just real. Y'all mudder fudgers are setting yourselves up for failure.

It is tricky but he probably wont be going anywhere, but what happens if we have another disappointing season. Would you rather wait until it is obvious we need change or catch it early.