Coach Smith Will Be Respectfully Fired After The Final Game (Loss) Of This Miserable Season

Nono

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not Arthur Blank who will make the decision. It will be TD. Mike Smith is jeopardizing TD's job and he has to convince AB to fire Smith. Smith's time has expired. Just because he has been the best the Falcons have ever had doesn't mean he gets to stay forever when the best talent the Falcons have ever had is under acheiving.

It's not Arthur Blank who will make the decision. It will be TD. Mike Smith is jeopardizing TD's job and he has to convince AB to fire Smith. Smith's time has expired. Just because he has been the best the Falcons have ever had doesn't mean he gets to stay forever when the best talent the Falcons have ever had is under acheiving.

I can agree with this post

TD is Largely responsible for this mess too but Arthur needs TD more than Smitty. TD really has the most say in the postion and type of player drafted. Coach Smith is more responsible for coaching them up when they are under contract and in camp.

Edited by Nono

Mike Smith isn't going anywhere. Real leaders respond, they don't react. And, being the leader he is, Arthur Blank isn't about to make any knee-jerk decisions based on one bad season. Mike Smith is a 3-time NFL Coach of the Year, so, given his track record since coming to the Falcons, he has earned the right to at least attempt to right this ship. With that in mind, 2014 will be the make-or-break season for Smith as far as his future with this organization, in my opinion. So, let's not be too hasty here with Smith. I'll bet Cleveland Browns fans are still wishing their organization would have stayed the course with Bill Belichick. Just sayin'...

too bad Smitty isn't a leader. He said the other team dictated what our offense does like a month ago. No real leader would ever let another team dictate what his team does

too bad Smitty isn't a leader. He said the other team dictated what our offense does like a month ago. No real leader would ever let another team dictate what his team does

Don't get me wrong, I like Coach Smith and think he is a kind person off the field but his time to have proven he can get this team and Arthur to the Lambardi land has come and gone--time for another and better qualified coach and his staff. Thats why I say it will be done with dignity and respect for his future coaching opportunities.

Edited by Nono

Firing Smith after one bad season would be a bad look for the FO. At the moment I'm not sure how I feel personally about Smith remaining our HC, but I know if you want to look appealing to top HC candidates in the future you don't fire a coach for one bad season.

I just don't think that's true. All coaches know the nature of the beast. 95% of jobs are win or get gone. They know they don't have a long leash.

Smitty will not get fired this year. Blank is not secretly looking for his replacement. Get off of it man. Would your boss fire you for having a bad day thru out the week. Why do you want to tear this team apart so bad I thought you were a fan.

what? you want this same team next year. No one's tearing anything that isn't already gonna happen. You're drinking too much kool-aid

I don't get this place.

People think posters are absolutely crazy for thinking Smith gets fired.

But then THEY say what will happen like they KNOW all about the organization.

Were fans. We don't know anything. News flash. Your opinion of smith staying is no better or more true than smith might get canned. None of us know Blanks mindset right now

what? you want this same team next year. No one's tearing anything that isn't already gonna happen. You're drinking too much kool-aid

I'm not drinking to much kool-aid, your just thirsty as heII and need a sip. Your suffering from delusional dehydration syndrome. This like a mirage on the desert. You think you see an oasis of Smitty being fired and a new coach saving us, when really your just eating hand fulls of camel dung while people tell you "Hey stop eating that"

Do you have any idea what would happen to this team if we fired Smitty. You're talking about years of rebuilding. YEARS. Not 1 season 2 seasons. Blank isn't opening up a new stadium with a team in rebuild mode. The very worst thing that can happen to the Atlanta Falcons at this moment is to fire Mike Smith.

He planned to fire Reeves for one bad season right after a playoff run in his first year as owner.

Stop acting like you know Blank won't fire over 1 bad season. He was planning to with Reeves.

It's like the board is filled with stupid people.

1: Both TD and Smith are responsible for the players on the team. Not one or the other.

2: You don't know if Blank will give Smith a pass because(see above)

He planned to fire Reeves for one bad season right after a playoff run in his first year as owner.

Stop acting like you know Blank won't fire over 1 bad season. He was planning to with Reeves.

1: Both TD and Smith are responsible for the players on the team. Not one or the other.

The difference here is the pressures of coaching was killing Reeves. He missed most of the season due to heart attacks and the interim coach actually took us to the SB not Reeves. We rallied around him as a team but it wasn't his coaching that did it for us.

yep and they are the ones that think smith is done after this year.

Firing Smith may or may not be the right thing to do, but it won't matter if TD does his job as terrible next off season as he did it this past off season. Just an epic fail on his part. The injuries didn't help, but he set the Falcons up for this disaster.

100% agree TD should go before Smith but that will never happen

The difference here is the pressures of coaching was killing Reeves. He missed most of the season due to heart attacks and the interim coach actually took us to the SB not Reeves. We rallied around him as a team but it wasn't his coaching that did it for us.

I wasn't even talking about 98.

Reeves got the reactionary axe from Blank because of Vick directly following Blanks first year where we beat GB at home in the playoffs.

My point is people claiming Blank isn't known for knee-jerk reactions and that's not the truth. Reeves and even the firing of Mora Jr. after his stupid comments shows that he doesn't just sit there with his thumb up his butt.

yep and they are the ones that think smith is done after this year.

So you think Smith would have been safe if this team didn't win a playoff game last year? This season should solidify that position more than the situation last season.

The fact is none of us know what's going to happen and claiming as if you do shows plain stupidity. Plus, it's kinda hard to blame your losing on lack of talent when YOU HELPED BRING THAT TALENT IN.