Maybe It's Time For A Change In Philosophy.

I agree with that, but the Oline needs replacements rather than coaching at this point, or they need to eat their Wheaties. They are weak.

I would like to see a new philosophy and coach with the Falcons' receivers. If I took anything from yesterdays game, it was once again watching physical receivers get position to get the ball despite being covered. Our receivers do not do this, including starters. Unless they are wide open, Ryan will not throw the ball, which limits attempts to our star receivers.

The Falcons receivers either need to be coached to be more physical or taught how to get position. Matt Ryan probably envys how Seattle's receivers caught the ball despite being covered. Gonzalez is the only one who can do such.

How many times have we heard that our players get cross trained at their positions? Particularly the OL (and a bit at DL). Maybe it's time to change that school of thought since it has seemed to contribute absolutely nothing to the team getting better up front on both sides of the ball.

Thoughts?

This along with having O-linemen who are best suited for a zone blocking scheme attempt a power man blocking scheme. I doubt this coaching staff has any idea what they're doing and it's becoming abundantly clear with the lines.

Lack of talent

Konz - weak C that put up a joke of reps on bench .

Holmes was a project that wasn't suppose to be drafted so early

Baker - injury prone LT

Reynolds - garbage

just trash on the line . You can't expect the best Oline coach in league to fix this mess

A good o-line coach could recognize talent and tell Dimitroff who to draft or who to bring in to get this o-line right.

Lack of talent

Baker - injury prone LT

Reynolds - garbage

just trash on the line . You can't expect the best Oline coach in league to fix this mess

you forgot to mention the overrated Blalock who is two years into a 6 year, $38 million contract. It would cost the Falcons $7million on the cap to cut him in 2014/2015. He has the 4th highest salary and he's at best an average player - and average might be generous.

Lack of talent

Baker - injury prone LT

Reynolds - garbage

Since the change with OC and O-line coach they have brought in two O-linemen: Konz and Holmes. Both of their strengths are good movement to kick out and block in space and swift feet which means they're ideal for zone blocking schemes. However, they're being asked to perform in a power man blocking scheme which is a horrible fit for them. Judging by how idiotic this coaching staff is I would be willing to bet Koetter asked for players like those two entirely for the movement skills so they could block on screens while ignoring everything else. What makes it worse is that Hill has his head up his *** and seems utterly incapable of teaching the O-line good technique and it's blatantly obvious in those two.

you forgot to mention the overrated Blalock who is two years into a 6 year, $38 million contract. It would cost the Falcons $7million on the cap to cut him in 2014/2015. He has the 4th highest salary and he's at best an average player - and average might be generous.

I disagree. Blalock is the best player on the line. That's not saying a lot, but he's not the problem when he's sandwiched between broke-back Baker and a first year center.

I obviously don't know how to fix the problem, exactly, outside of a complete overhaul, which is likely to not happen. Maybe we need to move to a zone scheme as mentioned above. Maybe the only fix is to blow it up and start over completely. **** I really don't know the answer, it just seems like the cross training isn't doing much for us.

If you were to poll fans of all 32 teams, probably 30 of them would say their offensive line is the weakest point. The Falcons have one of the worst for sure but even with the OL they have the offense would still put up points if the receivers were healthy. TD has so many holes to fill in the team that he ignored the offensive line to try to patch together some sort of defense. Problem is he is terrible at finding DL talent. He clearly is more apt at picking secondary talent.

Here is an idea to get the Falcons back on the SB TRACT ---

(1 New defensive and offensive coordinators. Lots of midnight oil to select the best available.

(2 Give above a majority of the say in selecting the position coaches to work under them.

(3 Draft LT first round, NT second round, safety to replace DeCoud in third round, LB to compete to start or good backup at a position where we are thin. Then draft for depth.

(4 Free agent RG.

( Cut 'dead wood' including players on the team for 2 or 3 years but, for what ever reason, are not seeing the field. Everybody knows who they are.

Falcons need some big, strong physical guys. Guys that they do a ton of bench presses at the combine. I am not sure how many reps Konz did, but the Falcons need guys that are physical.

TD needs to focus even more on building up the trenches or else the Falcons will never beat the Saints or Panthers.

Falcons also need to do a better job drafting for depth.

Edited by KGrillz