Can We Expect An Apology From Blank?

He doesn't owe anyone jack. If you aren't satisfied with a sandwich from McDonald's, you don't order it again. You wouldn't expect the CEO to issue an apology.

Blank offers a product. If you are not satisfied with the product, or you don't like the direction the product is headed in, you are more than welcome to choose another that is better suited for you. He doesn't owe any of us a d@mn thing...

I swear to god, we have the dumbest fans on the planet.

Yeah but I bet we're smarter than some fans on other planets. wink.png

Pretty sure it was '03 and no. He was still a young owner then. He has no need to apologize.

That said, I'm sure he feels about the same in thinking that this kind of season is unacceptable. There will be some changes. Not sure how big yet but very few people that are currently on this team (players and coaching staff) are safe.

For me, the strangest thing about sports fandom is that the fans feel they're 'owed' something. An apology when the wheels fall off. A Super Bowl trophy on a more or less regular schedule. A prop for their fragile psyches, a sense of accomplishment over something they had no part in, a reason to get going on Monday because they hate their job.

Here's what we're actually owed.

The team shows up on Sundays and takes the field.

That's the end of their obligation to us. We all want more. I want more too, I want a win every week. But I'm not going to demand anything because I didn't get an ego boost on Sunday.

From Arizona and probably hasn't spent a single dime to see the Falcons play.

wrong, and wrong. I live in Arizona. Not from Arizona. Also, the closet full of falcons jerseys and all the other stuff I've picked up from atlantafalcons.com tells me that I've spent plenty to support my team.

this year, I haven't bought a thing. You know why? Because I'm not going to buy a product that isn't as good as it can be.

Blank doesn't owe anybody an apology.

I don't know if he owes an apology, but I am quite sure he is embarrassed right now. Even folks outside of the organization are looking at our injuries as mostly superficial and we should not be this bad. Many are saying it came from horrible management and just bad forethought.

All of that genius as I said before is smoke and mirrors. We had a dynamic run game and folks still stacked eight last year thinking we still had it. Now, we have been exposed.

wrong, and wrong. I live in Arizona. Not from Arizona. Also, the closet full of falcons jerseys and all the other stuff I've picked up from atlantafalcons.com tells me that I've spent plenty to support my team.

this year, I haven't bought a thing. You know why? Because I'm not going to buy a product that isn't as good as it can be.

But we didn't have the luxury that you had. You buy jerseys whenever you want. Season tickets had to be paid for before the season started.

For me, the strangest thing about sports fandom is that the fans feel they're 'owed' something. An apology when the wheels fall off. A Super Bowl trophy on a more or less regular schedule. A prop for their fragile psyches, a sense of accomplishment over something they had no part in, a reason to get going on Monday because they hate their job.

That's the end of their obligation to us. We all want more. I want more too, I want a win every week. But I'm not going to demand anything because I didn't get an ego boost on Sunday.

Fans with that kind of entitlement are a big part of the reason why I get how some players are so standoffish with fans in general. As Deion Sanders has said, "A fan only blows when you're hot." and the things fans say and do when they're not happy and feel like they're owed something is amazing to me at times.

Not even comparable to season tickets.

This is true.

the fans and all US citizens are owed a cut of the billions of dollars the bourgeois elite make. these elites do not care about you and dont need you to defend them.

Fans with that kind of entitlement are a big part of the reason why I get how some players are so standoffish with fans in general. As Deion Sanders has said, "A fan only blows when you're hot." and the things fans say and do when they're not happy and feel like they're owed something is amazing to me at times.

This is true as well.

Wow, if this is what the sports world has turned to then we are all in trouble.

Sports are entertainment. To suggest that an owner owes you anything reeks of pompous arrogance or plain stupidity. If you don't like it find another team to root for. If you feel a reason to root for a team that has issues, then stop complaining and realize these things happen. Football has zero consequence in the real world, except maybe for the players who get the snot beat out of them week in and week out and the owner who invests a lot of money.

seems to me owners invest money in their football team but get it back many folds in return. I have not seen any sports teams owned by poor people on welfare. I don't think Blank owes an apology but a great big thank you should be said for a new dome that is not needed that will probably bear his name in some way

But we didn't have the luxury that you had. You buy jerseys whenever you want. Season tickets had to be paid for before the season started.

true, but you take that risk when you make the purchase. But I'm willing to bet that the same people complaining about the product now will be happy to write the check for season tickets next year.

The bottom line is, mr. Blank doesn't owe the fans anything.

He doesn't owe anyone jack. If you aren't satisfied with a sandwich from McDonald's, you don't order it again. You wouldn't expect the CEO to issue an apology.

Blank offers a product. If you are not satisfied with the product, or you don't like the direction the product is headed in, you are more than welcome to choose another that is better suited for you. He doesn't owe any of us a d@mn thing...

I swear to god, we have the dumbest fans on the planet.

Maybe there's some STH'S that won't. Maybe that might make AB sit up and take notice, maybe we're not as dumb as we may appear. Edited by vabchbirdlover

The fact that there are people who feel they deserve an apology shows how out of touch our fan base really is.

Fans don't deserve an apology, Just stop going to the games and stop spending money on foulcon products

Folcons have been an embarrassment to this city since they entered the league unless they want something like a new dome then they polish up a bit

I apologize to Mr. Blank. Though I know that he would not be wasting his time reading a message board. He does care about his team, business, and the city of Atlanta. He also cares about us as fans. Some people are just so ungrateful. Sure, you can have an opinion about the lack of success that this team is having. Ask yourself this: What has this organization done wrong to us? All they have done is try to build this city and franchise up.You can tell that he's a firm business man. If you go out and earn a big contract, Blank will stroke a check. He is trying to make Atlanta relevant to other sports cities. There is only one problem. We lack real fan support. It's a shame to think hard of this man, when he's footing $800 million of his money for a new stadium. When he could move the team to LA, and the city would pay for everything. Think about it.