This Team Is An Abject Embarrassment!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed to the very end, listening to the Hags fans cheering. At least you got to go home and get away from them, Banker. I'm on a plane with about a hundred of them as I go back home to Seattle. And to make matters worse, it's a Seattle based flight crew. So they like making announcements over the PA so the only Falcon fan on the plane won't forget about the game.

Actually I have not seen tanking on the field despite BS threads like this, I have seen effort, just the players like DeCoud we are fronting are killing us, guy is a blowboy for crying out loud, O line is trying but they just real outclassed ...................outclassed, not out worked ....sad.png

outclassed = outworked

I'm with you. Watching this game today brought back real bad memories of the darkest, most abject teams this franchise ever fielded in terms of complete, utter haplessness on all sides of the ball. Looking around at this three-alarm dumpster fire, I don't even know which thing to criticize first. I guess at this point it really doesn't matter. The Atlanta Falcons are once again an empty, lifeless, miserable shell of a team, with no signs anywhere that the situation is going to change for the better so long as this same group is in charge.

Sorry There is no fan loyalty deserved from a team that clearly just gives up and doesn't compete

Losing is one thing - if the team gives it their all and competes and just comes up short --even if it happens every week and results in a winless season

But giving up - not competing and just going through the motions and losing the pathetic way we do is quite another

Just got home from the game. Unlike a few thousand other so-called "Falcons fans", I stayed until the clock read 00:00. I've got about $3,000 tied up in season tickets for this team and what I'm seeing week after week is nothing short of PATHETIC! It is an absolute embarrassment to witness the product that is on display from this team! I don't give a #$%^ how many injuries we've had, that's NO excuse for getting blown out and not even being competitive! I have to wonder what the @#$* kind of practices does this team hold during the week?! I'm ashamed of what this team has become! If I were Arthur Blank, I would be seriously concerned at the renewal rate of season ticket holders for next season. And for the investment that I and other fans have made financially, this is absolutely inexcusable! angry.pngangry.pngangry.png

Arthur better be worried. Atlanta is not a sportstown that will support mediocrity or a loser. Blank just invested and will invest upwards of $900 million on a new stadium - it will be a huge loss to him financially if he has a crappy product on the field. How many renewals/season tix/PSL fees do you think he will sell if Falcons go 8-8 or worse the next few seasons.

The diehard TD and Smith fans are fooling themselves if they think Blank won't fire them. I'm not saying he will for sure, but don't assume he won't. Smith already had his mulligan by releasing BVD and Mularkey.

I am a retired factory worker with a high school education and a faithful follower of the Falcons since they came to Atlanta. When they arrived I was a young fatherless lad not old enough to drive and who ocassioinaly attended games at the old atlanta stadium courtesy of an uncle who has passed on. I like many wanted to attend all the games but was to poor. Thanks to Arthur Blank it became possible for a factory worker with good credit and splitting the cost with a fellow worker to finally be able to become a season ticket holder of two seats to see the Falcons. I would not miss a broadcast of a game when I didn't attend whether it meant recording it to view later or listening live over the radio. I became the butt of many jokes over the years on my job because of my loyalty to the Birds and was told by some of my co workers that no matter what I always stuck with the Falcons, I wasn't a band wagoner. I said to friends that last year was our year and that it may be another decade or longer before we get close to the Super Bowl again. I have to admit I have become frustrated,disgruntled, tired, and almost physically ill watching the millionaires we are financing get out played and out coached.

thanks Arthur for trying to bring us a winner but it is obvious the product we currently have on the field isn't going to get us to a championship.

frustrating season - yes

but you guys can blame who ever and whatever - Matt Ryan has no heart, yet he was on the field with a separated shoulder trying to lead us vs. San Fran.

how many times early this season did Ryan get leveled trying to hang in the pocket to get the ball to a playmaker ?? Im embarrassed at this fan base - yes its true we dont look competitive out there right now, but its not really all Falcons starters is it ?? Anyone that says these guys dont have the desire to win has never been in a locker room where you where overmatched talent wise but still had to suit up and compete- we just dont have the horses to get the job done based on our team make up.

I think the biggest issue is we gambled with the o line and it cost us- injuries mounted first in the trenches then skill players- our second level guys stepped up, but did you really think we could beat NFL starters with backups evrywhere??

Silver lining is because several guys showed potential we can maybe trade or cut loose some guys and shore up our weak areas.

frustrating season - yes

but you guys can blame who ever and whatever - Matt Ryan has no heart, yet he was on the field with a separated shoulder trying to lead us vs. San Fran.

how many times early this season did Ryan get leveled trying to hang in the pocket to get the ball to a playmaker ?? Im embarrassed at this fan base - yes its true we dont look competitive out there right now, but its not really all Falcons starters is it ?? Anyone that says these guys dont have the desire to win has never been in a locker room where you where overmatched talent wise but still had to suit up and compete- we just dont have the horses to get the job done based on our team make up.

I think the biggest issue is we gambled with the o line and it cost us- injuries mounted first in the trenches then skill players- our second level guys stepped up, but did you really think we could beat NFL starters with backups evrywhere??

Silver lining is because several guys showed potential we can maybe trade or cut loose some guys and shore up our weak areas.

Arthur Blank & Dimi got NEW STADIUM.

Matty Ice got $100 mill.

They have NOTHING to strive for …the GRIT factor is NOT there simply because they are hoarding on lot of cash. Which makes them more complacent.

They know it …we all know it. With current state of franchise…..NFL will never allow us to get to S.B. Period!! It doesn't help their cause….they are in this to make serious money & there's no way they can achieve that if we get to Super Bowl. It same goes with Browns & Jags they will make them relevant but no ticket to S.B

Edited by mattyicefalcon

I am a retired factory worker with a high school education and a faithful follower of the Falcons since they came to Atlanta. When they arrived I was a young fatherless lad not old enough to drive and who ocassioinaly attended games at the old atlanta stadium courtesy of an uncle who has passed on. I like many wanted to attend all the games but was to poor. Thanks to Arthur Blank it became possible for a factory worker with good credit and splitting the cost with a fellow worker to finally be able to become a season ticket holder of two seats to see the Falcons. I would not miss a broadcast of a game when I didn't attend whether it meant recording it to view later or listening live over the radio. I became the butt of many jokes over the years on my job because of my loyalty to the Birds and was told by some of my co workers that no matter what I always stuck with the Falcons, I wasn't a band wagoner. I said to friends that last year was our year and that it may be another decade or longer before we get close to the Super Bowl again. I have to admit I have become frustrated,disgruntled, tired, and almost physically ill watching the millionaires we are financing get out played and out coached.

thanks Arthur for trying to bring us a winner but it is obvious the product we currently have on the field isn't going to get us to a championship.

Very sad first post. We all share your pain, especially those of us who were here from the beginning of the franchise.

Agree this is a disappointment and I share it, but having your QB arrested for killing dogs and coach resigning via post-it notes left in the locker room is what I call an embarrassment. Just think 6 years ago we would actually be expecting to have a loosing season. We're having a bad year but nobody has had a felony arrest in the last 12 months - knock on wood...just trying to say the glass is half...nevermind