Gruden To The Falcons?

I like Gruden's style of coaching. But if smitty gets us rolling, he should not and will not go anywhere

Mike Smith is to Atlanta what Dan Reeves was to Denver, Tony Dungy was to Tampa.

yes but this year finally exposed it big time. No choice but to fix it

Completely agree.

Jon Gruden is one of the most massively overrated coaches out there. Avoid him at all costs.

How is that?
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be interesting. Dude has sat back and watched a lot of games so maybe he has a new outlook on how to be even more successful in the nfl.Plus, I think he would love coaching Matt Ryan...maybe take his game to that next level.

and you would be wrong.

What Gruden knows is that you push every player to the breaking point and then some

to get the team over the top.

You capture a Lombardi and then rebuild.

Gruden cant build a team, he can push a team to greatness and then the team is roached.

Get in,,Get Out.

I'm just wondering guys. Do you really think all of these other coaches are really that good? I will give you Sean Payton, Bill Bellichick, and probably Andy Reid. Let's be real for a minute. You guys drool over Harbaugh, and this guy had a good team handed to him. Pretty much the same goes for Pete Carrol. These teams have had some bad times with their previous head coaches, whom by the way, built those teams. I never thought that 5 good seasons could make our fans feel like we are untouchable.

I think a coach's demeanor is infectious on his team... and our staff and players are passive.

You don't honestly think that the GM and head coach weren't together in coordinating the picks do you? Please tell me you're not that naive.

You're choosing to a side because it's convenient. Just like people in these forums blaming TD for our drafting... apparently they should be blaming Mike Smith.

Mike Smith is to Atlanta what Dan Reeves was to Denver, Tony Dungy was to Tampa.

Completely agree.

How is that?

Well let's see. He won a super bowl year 1 with the Bucs and then did absolutely nothing thereafter. Went back to the playoffs twice, lost both 1st round games. That tells me that the dude cannot build a team and won a super bowl with Dungys team and got lucky in playing his old team in the super bowl, the team he built. He knew those players better than anybody.

How is that?

He road on Dungy's coattails in the Super Bowl year, and good for him for getting them over the hump and beating his previous team, but after that the Bucs declined on an annual basis until his final year collapse which the team is still trying to deal with. He is not a good coach. People only look at his ring and ignore everything else.

I think a coach's demeanor is infectious on his team... and our staff and players are passive.

You're choosing to a side because it's convenient. Just like people in these forums blaming TD for our drafting... apparently they should be blaming Mike Smith.

They should be blaming both. If you don't think the GM and HC both have a very strong input on the picks then I don't know what to tell you.

Nobody is worse than Petrino but it will be a downgrade if we hire Gruden.

How? We've been paper champions for the last 5 years, crumble in the post season, and this year we've been exposed.

If that happens Ryan is done. How many of y'all think Gruden's temper is a good match for Ryan?

I'm confused here... Is Gruden going to hurt his feelings?

Well let's see. He won a super bowl year 1 with the Bucs and then did absolutely nothing thereafter. Went back to the playoffs twice, lost both 1st round games. That tells me that the dude cannot build a team and won a super bowl with Dungys team and got lucky in playing his old team in the super bowl, the team he built. He knew those players better than anybody.

Compared to the 1 playoff win in 5 years the Almighty Mike Smith has?

and you would be wrong.

What Gruden knows is that you push every player to the breaking point and then some

to get the team over the top.

You capture a Lombardi and then rebuild.

Gruden cant build a team, he can push a team to greatness and then the team is roached.

Get in,,Get Out.

So what your telling me is people can't evolve their level of thinking??? Also, what in my post is wrong? All i said was it would be interesting if we got him and maybe his outlook has changed. You should learn how to read and understand context.

TD and Smitty have built a team that will be a long term winner.

Gruden could possibly get us over the top, but then the team

would be left in ruins again.

This years is just one of those shlt for luck seasons that happen to

all good teams.

Green Bay is probably done for the season with the loss of Rogers,

and while it is just one player, they are now pretty much in the same boat

as we are.

Why do you think it will be better next year?

Just suck it up; next year will be a whole lot better.