Falcons Fans Are In Denial About Julio Jones!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical. Most people can't come up with a reason why he will stay and doesn't pull a MIke Wallace, Pierre Garcon, Vincent Jackson, etc...

So you picked midlevel players leaving in free agency? Interesting choice.

Why fail to mention

Fitz

Andre

Wayne

Colston

Calvin

Steve smith

Cruz

Bowe

Typical. Most people can't come up with a reason why he will stay and doesn't pull a MIke Wallace, Pierre Garcon, Vincent Jackson, etc...

Hey if Peyton Manning can play for another team anything can happen but you're just making crazy assumptions based on your own flawed observations.

Most people tend to disregard crazy... Which might explain why you get ignored so much.

So you picked midlevel players leaving in free agency? Interesting choice.

Why fail to mention

Fitz

Andre

Wayne

Colston

Calvin

Steve smith

Cruz

Bowe

Fitz and Andre are loyal. Wayne had manning throwing the ball. Colston has Brees. Calvin gets force fed the ball so no complaints from him. Steve Smith, good guy. Bowe - eh...I"d be surprised if Bowe likes Alex Smith throwing him the ball and his role in the offense right now. Cruz - has a ring and signed before this terrible season.

Fitz and Andre are loyal. Wayne had manning throwing the ball. Colston has Brees. Calvin gets force fed the ball so no complaints from him. Steve Smith, good guy. Bowe - eh...I"d be surprised if Bowe likes Alex Smith throwing him the ball and his role in the offense right now. Cruz - has a ring and signed before this terrible season.

Go look up the word fact.

Come back when you can form an argument around one.

Wait a minute, Julio gives your team the best chance to win and you're making a thread as to why he should leave?

Way it works here at TATF bro. 75%of the board are trolls that want us to suck including the OP. Bottom line, he will get extended long before we have to consider franchising him, and like Ryan he will be here for years. We will actually be around 25-30 mill under the cap next year after we jettison a lot of dead weight. Reupping Julio will not be any kind of problem for us whatsoever going forward , but little girls like Mr. Wrong love to gossip.

Fact: Colston has Brees

Fact: Calving gets force fed the ball.

Fact: Cruz signed after winning a Superbowl and before this terrible season.

I can find plenty of links with Johnson/Fitz saying they want to stay with the team.

None of those form an argument.

The argument is that makes their situation bettet than Julios. Which is purely opinion. Keep trying.

Here is an argument that might work for you. Purely hypothetical.

Overlying point: julio isnt happy and has shown to be a flight risk.

Support 1: julio was committed to UGA for 2 years but switched to Bama last minute to be with his friend pookie.

Support 2: julio never spends time with his teammates.

Support 3: Julio has stated he isnt happy with the offense.

If you can develop an argument with actual support like that, we will be more than happy to listen to you.

None of those form an argument.

The argument is that makes their situation bettet than Julios. Which is purely opinion. Keep trying.

Here is an argument that might work for you. Purely hypothetical.

Support 1: julio was committed to UGA for 2 years but switched to Bama last minute to be with his friend pookie.

Support 2: julio never spends time with his teammates.

Support 3: Julio has stated he isnt happy with the offense.

If you can develop an argument with actual support like that, we will be more than happy to listen to you.

support 1: Julio's in game actions and demeanor agains the Patriots, no effort on pass behind him or interception, means he's not happy with the team.

support 1: Julio's in game actions and demeanor agains the Patriots, no effort on pass behind him or interception, means he's not happy with the team.

1 point does not an argument make. "Means hes not happy" is an opinion! You have no proof to backup saying his effort was poor.

Did he have a poor game statistically? Yes. Was he blanketed by Talib all night? Yes.

Some other players that have been shut down this year.

Calvin

Dez

Fitz-continually

Marshall

Jackson

Colston

Graham.

Shall I continue? Does this mean theyll sign elsewhere? Hardly.

By the way, arguments and predictions aren't facts anyways. My OP wasn't 'JUlio signed with another team.' It's 'Julio will likely not sign with the Falcons'.

You use facts to base youe argument.

I cant go around saying the sun is gone because I havent seen it in a while. Thats crazy.

1 point does not an argument make. "Means hes not happy" is an opinion! You have no proof to backup saying his effort was poor.

Did he have a poor game statistically? Yes. Was he blanketed by Talib all night? Yes.

Some other players that have been shut down this year.

Calvin

Dez

Fitz-continually

Marshall

Jackson

Colston

Graham.

Shall I continue? Does this mean theyll sign elsewhere? Hardly.

Shut down doesn't mean anything. TGs been shutdown at times but he gets force fed the ball so he doesn't complain. There's no way he signs with a team that makes him the second string TE.

Dez and Marshall really? I bet I can find a quote in which one of them is mad that they don't get the ball enough. I've already said the Fitz and Johnson are loyal guys, and you canfind quotes from them saying they want to stay with the team. Graham and Colston have arguably the best QB in the league throwing them the ball. Colston is good but he's no where close to the talent of a guy like Julio. Colston knows that he's being used properly with the Saints. Graham is utilized properly - he's Bree's number one guy. Both of them are on a team with a QB that throws over 5K regularly.

I would say the Julio resigns with the team if the Falcons win the Superbowl this or next year, but we aren't going to - thus the argument that he's not going to resign.

Shut down doesn't mean anything. TGs been shutdown at times but he gets force fed the ball so he doesn't complain. There's no way he signs with a team that makes him the second string TE.

Dez and Marshall really? I bet I can find a quote in which one of them is mad that they don't get the ball enough. I've already said the Fitz and Johnson are loyal guys, and you canfind quotes from them saying they want to stay with the team. Graham and Colston have arguably the best QB in the league throwing them the ball. Colston is good but he's no where close to the talent of a guy like Julio. Colston knows that he's being used properly with the Saints. Graham is utilized properly - he's Bree's number one guy. And Colston signed after a Superbowl win.

Interesting. So Dez and Marshall arent happy and you can tell this because they voiced it. However Julio never voiced anything. So one could argue that he isnt frustrated like they are.

Interesting. So Dez and Marshall arent happy and you can tell this because they voiced it. However Julio never voiced anything. So one could argue that he isnt frustrated like they are.

He hasn't because he's the silent type. Dez and Marshall are both outspoken. Part of the reason Marshall left the Broncos was because he wasn't happy with McDaniel

LOL at bringing up Marshall by the way. Marshall's a great example of a WR switching teams because he's not happy. What will make Julio happy is a Superbowl ring, a QB that can help him break records, and a fat contract. I would probably put it in this order of what he likes:

-HOF type numbers

-Superbowl winning team

-Fat contract

The only argument those in denail have is that there aren't really that many teams out there I see Julio going to. I could see Julio saying yes if the Broncos, Saints, Packers, Patriots came after, him, but...

Broncos have WRs

Saints - mabye

Packers - fine with 2nd round draft pick WRs

Patrios - fine with no name WRs

Maybe a young QB that will force feed him the ball or something. When it comes down to it, Julio's career with Atlanta hasn't been that special, so I just don't see why he'd resign with us.

-He's played 3rd fiddle so far.

-He's yet to really get many jump ball chances. Ryan doesn't throw Julio the ball like he does Gonzalez, like Stafford to Johnson, or DAlton to Green. You know he's comparing his career to Green's right now and even in his healthy season, Green surpassed him.

Proof that he said this or it didn't happen. This is why people have stopped coming here as much as they used to

That is funny that you would say this. After reading the "is Ryan above benching" thread and then reading this thread, I was just telling myself I may be done with the message boards this year. Most of these thread topics are ridiculous at best. I have already stopped reading the official game threads because of the lack of knowledgable comments. You really have to sift through a lot of b.s to find any good points. I am beginning to think it just may not be worth it.

That is funny that you would say this. After reading the "is Ryan above benching" thread and then reading this thread, I was just telling myself I may be done with the message boards this year. Most of these thread topics are ridiculous at best. I have already stopped reading the official game threads because of the lack of knowledgable comments. You really have to sift through a lot of b.s to find any good points. I am beginning to think it just may not be worth it.

Anymore I just come for the entertainment value. Truly it is better than the 3 stooges.

Come on down to the Atlanta Hawks section. We will be glad to have you join our discussions. Well. My discussions. With myself. Seriously. We need traffic down there.