Falcons Fans Are In Denial About Julio Jones!

Why are so many Falcons fans in denial about the fact that Julio Jones' contract ends in 2015 and he will NOT be with the Falcons again unless we franchise tag him. Julio Jones will test the free agency and will NOT give us a hometown discount unless either Mike Smith or Matt Ryan is gone.

If you watched him play in the Patriots game, it's obvious he is not having fun playing for the team and can't wait till his contract is up. He knows his talent is being wasted playing 3rd fiddle to White and Gonzalez, and he'd rather have a better QB throw him the ball.

edit: Not Jets game, Patriots game

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

proof that he said this or it didn't happen. You're just reaching for attention again

You can file this thread away and prove me wrong in 2015 if you want. Julio Jones won't be a Falcon unless he's:

-Franchise tagged

-One of Mike Smith/Matt Ryan is no longer a Falcon

-Falcons win Superbowl this or next year.

Why are so many Falcons fans in denial about the fact that Julio Jones' contract ends in 2015 and he will NOT be with the Falcons again unless we franchise tag him. Julio Jones will test the free agency and will NOT give us a hometown discount unless either Mike Smith or Matt Ryan is gone.

If you watched him play in the Jets game, it's obvious he is not having fun playing for the team and can't wait till his contract is up. He knows his talent is being wasted playing 3rd fiddle to White and Gonzalez, and he'd rather have a better QB throw him the ball.

Yeah that's why he came back in the game after the screw surgically placed in his foot came out despite the WR coach trying to keep him out. Are you really this desperate for attention?

Yeah that's why he came back in the game after the screw surgically placed in his foot came out despite the WR coach trying to keep him out. Are you really this desperate for attention?

He came out because he didn't really feel like playing. After dropping an easy ball the was behind him, and not making an effort to prevent an interception, he came out to chill with the crew. Only came back in because the team was finally showing some life.

Julio ain't going nowhere. When 2015 gets here Ryan will be TE 2nd best QB in the NFL. Manning and Brady will be done. Brady might still be around but won't be the same Brady you are seeing that this year.

What makes you so sure that Julio doesn't want to test free agency and get a large contract? Lots of WRs swtich teams after initial contract is up. Typical fan in denial to think that players don't want to test FA.

And second best? You're saying he's going to be better than Rodgers and Brees? And your assuming that guys like Luck and Wilson won't surpass him?

What makes you so sure that Julio doesn't want to test free agency and get a large contract? Lots of WRs swtich teams after initial contract is up. Typical fan in denial to think that players don't want to test FA.

well for one I don't think he will get a huge contract same with Weatherspoon. Both are often injured. 2 we will pony up the coin to keep him. Look for us to extend him next year.

well for one I don't think he will get a huge contract same with Weatherspoon. Both are often injured. 2 we will pony up the coin to keep him. Look for us to extend him next year.

He'll break out next year and then land a huge contract. Everyone knows Julio has potential so some team will pay up. And he'll want to go to a team that will be able to throw it to him deep and jump balls, back shoulder endzon throws, etc... We all know he has talent, can jump higher than most DBs, but we don't use him that way.

I don't htink Weatherspoon will get a huge contract though.

And second best? You're saying he's going to be better than Rodgers and Brees? And your assuming that guys like Luck and Wilson won't surpass him?

Rodgers is the bet QB in the league. IMO Ryan and Brees is a wash. Wilson and Luck will be right behind him. Luck is a little overrated IMO. Very good but not the next best thing.

He'll break out next year and then land a huge contract. Everyone knows Julio has potential so some team will pay up. And he'll want to go to a team that will be able to throw it to him deep and jump balls, back shoulder endzon throws, etc... We all know he has talent, can jump higher than most DBs, but we don't use him that way.

I don't htink Weatherspoon will get a huge contract though.

everything you just said he does on a consistent basis. Except for the back shoulder stuff. I'm pretty sure he won't wanna leave because he isn't getting a back shoulder throw lol Edited by J-Wall

Falcons can't afford to lose Julio Jones . They will have to over pay him or the trade for him will go down as one of the biggest draft blunders in NFL history . Julio Jones will be a Falcon for next 10 years but he will more then likely be on ir for about 3 of them

You think he'll be here for 10 years? Interesting. I think he'll leave and become one of TDs biggest blunders. 5 picks for one WR, no Superbowl ring, and signs with another team.

lol at 3rd fiddle. JJ was on pace for a 2,000 yard season before he got hurt. WITH RYAN THROWING HIM THE BALL!

With an injured White he was getting theball.

everything you just said he does on a consistent basis. Except for the back shoulder stuff. I'm pretty sure he won't wanna leave because he isn't getting a back shoulder throw lol

I didn't say he doesn't do, I just say he's not realizing his potential here, and he knows that.