Would You Be Surprised If?

Would you be surprised if Roddy returned 100% at the Offense started scoring like they should've all along?

Let's face it JJ is good for explosion but we all know TG and RW are his crucial go-to guys when we need a play. With both on the field defenses shouldn't be able to cheat up to the line as much which may open up the run game more as well. With the emergence of HD If RW returns to last years play, I think his return could be big, big,big.

Would you be surprised if Spoons return unveiled a very improved defense overall?

We all know Spoon is the leader of the D. I'm thinking that we all have underestimated the importance of who calls the plays and the importance of the pre-snap adjustments once the Mic goes off. Further, he brings a spirit and fire that the young guys don't have the clout to carry yet. Combine this with Dent getting used correctly now, PW and JB being better than our other LBs even without on field guidance (let's face it Nic looked kinda lost after spoon was out), and you have a recipe for some good things to happen.

Thoughts on how possible these two things are?

Edited by The O.D.B

Roddy? No. Spoon? average

KoG, are saying Spoon is average or what he brings to the team as a playcaller and motivator is?

I agree that Spoon doesn't appear to be as good in coverage as the sales pitch on draft day suggested, and I'd like to see that change but, I do think the intangible he brings are significant.

KoG, are saying Spoon is average or what he brings to the team as a playcaller and motivator is?

I agree that Spoon doesn't appear to be as good in coverage as the sales pitch on draft day suggested, and I'd like to see that change but, I do think the intangible he brings are significant.

I think he's overrated tbh. I'm not into his intangibles, because the defense is still bad with him out there and not just the coverage. I think it may be a case of needing a NT, but Worrilow didn't need one, and Bartu has been decent. Spoon just likes to dance and eat from an invisible bowl.

I think he's overrated tbh. I'm not into his intangibles, because the defense is still bad with him out there and not just the coverage. I think it may be a case of needing a NT, but Worrilow didn't need one, and Bartu has been decent. Spoon just likes to dance and eat from an invisible bowl.

Ouch! Harsh on Spoon. I can't say there's not room for improvement.

NT- Yeah, To have a young Grady or BJ Raji on the Dline would be great. What the heck ever happened to Travian?.......

Bartu? He's been overrated by this board. He's a nice UDFA, but Spoon is a major upgrade. Spoon may not be Willis, but he's still a good player. You've been hating to much lately lol.

As far as NT if love to have one, but just throwing some Terrence Cody type doesn't automatically make us better. The days of the big slow 350+ NT is over. We they are in its for 1st down which they'd play what maybe 20% of the game?

I wouldn't call that a game changer. Now if they have some pass rush with the size then we are talking about a difference maker. The only problem with that is they are harder to find than a franchise QB. It's the reason the smaller DTs are popular. More pass rush.

Falcons WLB Sean Weatherspoon (foot, short-term I.R.) returned to practice Wednesday.

Weatherspoon suffered a Lisfranc injury in Week 2. He was eligible to return to practice this week and can play in Week 11. Undrafted rookie Joplo Bartu has been filling in for Weatherspoon but has struggled mightily. Weatherspoon's return will be a major boost to the defense, especially in pass coverage.

Source: Vaughn McClure on Twitter Nov 6 - 11:49 AM

Bartu? He's been overrated by this board. He's a nice UDFA, but Spoon is a major upgrade. Spoon may not be Willis, but he's still a good player. You've been hating to much lately lol.

As far as NT if love to have one, but just throwing some Terrence Cody type doesn't automatically make us better. The days of the big slow 350+ NT is over. We they are in its for 1st down which they'd play what maybe 20% of the game?

I wouldn't call that a game changer. Now if they have some pass rush with the size then we are talking about a difference maker. The only problem with that is they are harder to find than a franchise QB. It's the reason the smaller DTs are popular. More pass rush.

Falcons WLB Sean Weatherspoon (foot, short-term I.R.) returned to practice Wednesday.

Weatherspoon suffered a Lisfranc injury in Week 2. He was eligible to return to practice this week and can play in Week 11. Undrafted rookie Joplo Bartu has been filling in for Weatherspoon but has struggled mightily. Weatherspoon's return will be a major boost to the defense, especially in pass coverage.

Source: Vaughn McClure on Twitter Nov 6 - 11:49 AM

Nah, I'm not hating too much. Just not going to pretend he's as much of an upgrade as you have deluded yourself to believe...lol I stopped reading there by the way. Tired of nonsense. Start talking football man.

Just cause you made it too easy. Paul Soliali, Dontari Poe, Brandon Mebane, Cam Thomas, Tommy Kelly, Terence Knighton, and WAY more. These guys are space eaters. Not pluggers, space eaters. There is a difference. Like I said, there are way more. The smaller faster guys??? Most have a space eater next to them we are one of the only teams that doesn't have one and then the fan base is brainwashed enough to parrot the nonsense.

Just cause you made it too easy. Paul Soliali, Dontari Poe, Brandon Mebane, Cam Thomas, Tommy Kelly, Terence Knighton, and WAY more. These guys are space eaters. Not pluggers, space eaters. There is a difference. Like I said, there are way more. The smaller faster guys??? Most have a space eater next to them we are one of the only teams that doesn't have one and then the fan base is brainwashed enough to parrot the nonsense.

Absolutely. We don't have the beef in the middle to deny the runs right down our throat. If we had a massive tackle, that lets our linebackers take the war to the offensive back field.

I'm not saying I don't want one, but depending on who it is he might not play much. Poe is the type that's hard to get. A big space eater who has pass rush ability. Also a high pick. Solislia is a nice 350 lb player, Mebane is 310 more of a rusher than space eater. Good player though. The rest are just big guys who play first couple downs for the most part.