Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott Carasik

Death Leads To Depth: Why Bad Atlanta Falcons 2013 Season Will Create 2014 Hope

16 posts in this topic

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1827263-death-leads-to-depth-why-bad-atlanta-falcons-2013-season-will-create-2014-hope

Death leads to depth.

The death of playoff hopes will lead to depth for an Atlanta Falcons roster that had been struggling for it before the 2013 season. 2014 should see great results because the team will be deeper, stronger and better for taking it's lumps in what looks to be a lost year as the Falcons are 2-6 after eight games.

A good trade down using our pick from slot #3 will do wonders for adding some quality playerS to our roster.

I don't think we'll get the #3 pick. The Jags and Bucs are both decidedly worse than us and are allergic to winning, especially the Bucs since they're having a statistically impossible season, while the Vikings in in chaos at the QB position. I can see us winning another game or two as players come back while I doubt it with those three.

I don't think we'll get the #3 pick. The Jags and Bucs are both decidedly worse than us and are allergic to winning, especially the Bucs since they're having a statistically impossible season, while the Vikings in in chaos at the QB position. I can see us winning another game or two as players come back while I doubt it with those three.

Don't count the Giants out either. They beat a Philly team led by Matt Barkley plus a Viking team with 3rd stringer and newly signed Josh Freeman at the helm.

even at 4-12, the Falcons would likely pick either 3rd or 4th.

Falcons could easily end up with the first pick at this point; almost a lock for a top 4 now, barring a miraculous turn of circumstances. We'll see how we finish and where we end up, but 2-14 is right there....

even at 4-12, the Falcons would likely pick either 3rd or 4th.

I didn't doubt they'd at least get a top 5 pick, though after watching their performance on Sunday I think I'll take back my original point. This team has quit so they'll continue their tailspin with the only think stopping them from the #2 pick is the Bucs managing to stop choking games away. I still think the Jags are by far the worst team in the league though.

I know everyone is looking at high draft picks, however I don't feel confident in our coaching staff developing these players. Especially our Offensive and defensive line coaches!

If we are top 5 and work out away to trade down with somebody still in the top 10 I would be ecstatic. That would make '14 and '15 drafts amazing.

I will say this: If we can manage to snag via a trade an extra 1st Round pick for 2015 and hopefully with a team very likely to finish in the "Worst 10" in the 2014 season... I would be overjoyed. Todd Gurley in Falcons uniform is very appealing to me cool.png

I see us getting number 2.

And I think if the jags are considering clowney our number 2 pick and HD might be enough to convince them to go swap picks and go bridgewater.

I see us getting number 2.

And I think if the jags are considering clowney our number 2 pick and HD might be enough to convince them to go swap picks and go bridgewater.

I doubt they go Clowney.