Top Head Coaching Candidates Heading Into 2014

Whether or not you think Mike Smith should be fired (personally I think he's done to good a job in terms of record to be fired even though I think ultimately it is necessary to take the next step... but that's not really what I'm interested in talking about in this thread), i'm interested in who folks on this board think are the best HC candidates heading into the next off season?

I mean of last years Candidates Mike McCoy, Andy Reid, and Chip Kelly all looked like excellent hires to me. But when you stop to look at who the big candidates are this year, It's possible I'm forgetting some people but there really aren't many guys out there who I would have a lot of confidence in.

One name I've seen thrown around early is Kevin Sumlin, but I think he would be a very risky one. So who does anyone rate as potential HC hires in 2014?

(before it descends into a debate on whether Smith should stay or go, let's call this a hire for a theoretical expansion team, rather than for the Atlanta Falcons necessarily)

At this point smithy is fine as well as td. Injuries happen and for us we clearly are a different team with out our base players.

Nolan is changing to suit our issues on defense. He is taking a hands on approach and I believe showing he wants to be in Atlanta

Koetter tried some different things against Carolina but it seemed to revolve around TG.

Koetter is not evolving enough for our current talent

Douglas should be running drags and underneath routes tag should be our deep threat as he pulls coverage. Screen and more screens to quiz since we lack the strength to run in our current scheme.

We need to find a legitimate deep threat

Smith is an offensive imbecile. He Needs to go unless Arthur plans on hiring a real o coordinator. Blank needs to stop skimping when it comes to the offensive coaching. I think this team could possibly be ok with a new OC. Nah, what am I talking about. Smith needs to go too. Offense based team, offensive head coach please.

Smith is an offensive imbecile. He Needs to go unless Arthur plans on hiring a real o coordinator. Blank needs to stop skimping when it comes to the offensive coaching. I think this team could possibly be ok with a new OC. Nah, what am I talking about. Smith needs to go too. Offense based team, offensive head coach please.

Let me know when you want to double down.

Douglas should be running drags and underneath routes tag should be our deep threat as he pulls coverage. Screen and more screens to quiz since we lack the strength to run in our current scheme.

We need to find a legitimate deep threat

We need a QB that can get the ball to the deep threat.

You are the wizard. So Smitty has been coaching D without understanding O for how long was he a DC? Right you know it all. Have your played the game of Football?

People can't do math...

A 4.3 time in the 40 is fast (times without pads, etc.)...

At 1.9 seconds, that same player isn't even 20 yards down field yet. You can't have a deep threat when that is the amount of time you have to throw.

Not too mention jams and such. And even at 20 yards the difference in speed between CB and WR might be .001 seconds. There is no time for seperation.