Updated Color Coded Chart Using Pff Grades: Week 10

Here's an updated chart that I made back on week 6 that utilizes PFF grades to color code our players based on relevant grading information

The scale is:

Blue(1): Near, or the top graded player at their position

Green(1): Good grade for their position

Light Green(5): Above average grade for their position

Yellow(6): Average grade for their position

Orange(2): Below average grade for their position

Red(3): Low grade grade for their position

Black(3): Horrible grade for their position

Notes:

Matt Ryan drops to green from blue from poor play the last two weeks.

Our front four is the definition of average, with Peria Jerry and Corey Peters pretty much canceling each other out. Jerry has been worthless lately.

Our LB unit has been craptastic.

Desmond Trufant is very close to jumping up to green. He's trending up.

Thomas Decoud is working his way back from the deep hole he dig for himself the first quarter of the season, while Moore is leveling back out.

Our guards have declined in level of play, while Holmes continues to suck.

Konz turned in his first good game of the season, but is still bottom of the league.

Poor Tony. A shining star in a sea of ****.

Surprised that DeCoud rates as red. That's about 4 levels too high.

"NFL teams use it". Haven't I already debunked that? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Hornsby said subscribers include NFL players and about a third of the teams, although he declined to say whether the Dolphins are among them (a source indicated they are). He said some teams use Pro Football Focus to help with roster cuts.

Hornsby cited a case of a weak team whose position coach had given all his players positive grades. The head coach colorfully pointed out that the team was getting crushed, obtained Pro Football Focus’ grades and said they were closer to reality. Many teams begin their relationship with Pro Football Focus “being sniffy,” Hornsby said, but quickly come around to thinking it’s “incredibly accurate.”

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/football/pro-football-focus-gaining-attention-for-its-ranki/nbLPG/

It's a ****** website... because your limited time spent watching the game doesn't match up with grades given by people who literally watch each individual player on every snap, every game, and use a sound methodology to provide an overview of performance? NFL teams use it, as do agents. Not only do they use it, but everyone from front office personnel to players give it kudos.

Maybe, just maybe, your limited perception is trumped by thorough play by play analysis.

By their own admission, these guys are wildly inaccurate. They don't grade on real football events.

They use standard broadcast tv shots, so they physically can't see anything the tv doesn't happen to show.

They don't know what each player was supposed to do; they just go by the result of the play. An example given is a lineman whose responsibility is to chip a DT and release to wipe out a LB at the next level. He fails to disengage, but locks the DT down with a double team. The LB makes the play for no gain, and was not blocked. The LB gets credit, the OL who failed to release gets credit for sustaining a block, and the RB is penalized for being stuffed. Accurate? No, because these rubes don't know that the OL they just gave a rosy happy-shiney-people grade to actually blew his responsibility completely.

If a receiver breaks off a timing route a step early and the QB throws a INT, the QB gets dinged, not the WR: because PFF doesn't know that the receiver broke off the route early.

Their methodology is seriously screwed up. Their knowledge of the games is inadequate. The results they post are laughably inaccurate.

Oh, and an agent would use Saddam Hussein's crib notes if they thought they might get an extra dollar.

The guy from the website is the one doing all the puffery. Of course, there is no way he would lie about how his site is perceived!!! You should be ashamed for being so gullible.

The mere fact that Reynolds is given such a good grade, when Stevie Wonder could see how atrocious he is, should be all the debunking necessary to shut this site down.

JJ is rated so much higher than HD when checking the stats they are very close. In many stats HD is actually ahead. Explain that. http://espn.go.com/n...atlanta-falcons

Because context is a huge part of the grade.

Tell me, is a leaping one handed catch sixty yards down field on third down against double coverage when the game is on the line the same as a sixty yard catch that came off a screen play where the CB fell down and the WR just took the past and followed great blocking to the tune of sixty yards late in a game where they're getting blown out 35-0?

Is a sack on 4th down at the end of the game where a guy splits a double team, gets past a blocking RB, and kills the QB in less than two seconds to ice the game the same as a guy coming unblocked do to a tackle tripping and the QB falling at the guys feet to save the busted play?

I could go on and on. Like I said, context.

By their own admission, these guys are wildly inaccurate. They don't grade on real football events.

They use standard broadcast tv shots, so they physically can't see anything the tv doesn't happen to show.

They don't know what each player was supposed to do; they just go by the result of the play. An example given is a lineman whose responsibility is to chip a DT and release to wipe out a LB at the next level. He fails to disengage, but locks the DT down with a double team. The LB makes the play for no gain, and was not blocked. The LB gets credit, the OL who failed to release gets credit for sustaining a block, and the RB is penalized for being stuffed. Accurate? No, because these rubes don't know that the OL they just gave a rosy happy-shiney-people grade to actually blew his responsibility completely.

If a receiver breaks off a timing route a step early and the QB throws a INT, the QB gets dinged, not the WR: because PFF doesn't know that the receiver broke off the route early.

Their methodology is seriously screwed up. Their knowledge of the games is inadequate. The results they post are laughably inaccurate.

Oh, and an agent would use Saddam Hussein's crib notes if they thought they might get an extra dollar.

Jeez, it's like you've never even attempted to read up on how PFF grades or anything. Even your initial statement that they just use broadcast film is wrong.

Why bother with someone who won't even take five minutes to read their ****ing FAQ. Ridiculous.

Jeez, it's like you've never even attempted to read up on how PFF grades or anything. Even your initial statement that they just use broadcast film is wrong.

Why bother with someone who won't even take five minutes to read their ****ing FAQ. Ridiculous.

This was from the owner himself, in an interview where he responds to critics.

So this chaucerian fraud says that some NFL teams use his statistics, even though no team has admitted to this or has publically come out in support of PFF. By playing this game, I can say that the Clinton administration came to me when designing foreign policy plans during the 90's. just don't expect to hear it from them.

Now, from temporary offices in an Indianapolis Marriott, the Giants are using pieces of Mr. Hornsby's data as they get ready for the Patriots. "It's definitely valuable information," says Jon Berger, the Giants' director of football information, who for competitive reasons declines to elaborate.

The Giants are a nonpaying user of the site. That relationship deepened last August when Mr. Hornsby requested a visit with Mr. Berger. The timing could hardly have been worse: With the preseason shortened by a labor dispute, August was busier than usual for Mr. Berger. But he agreed to meet with Mr. Hornsby, blocking out a full hour on his calendar.

The meeting lasted seven hours. Stunned at the material Mr. Hornsby produced from his laptop, Mr. Berger says he was especially intrigued by data showing where individual players most often line up on the field, and how they perform against certain formations and opponents.

"It was really impressive," says Mr. Berger, calling Mr. Hornsby the first outsider ever to supply usable data to the Giants.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052970203889904577199781897959096

Your hate for PFF and Hornsby is cartoonish.

Here's an updated chart that I made back on week 6 that utilizes PFF grades to color code our players based on relevant grading information

AtlantaFalconsPFFCumulativeGradeChart2_zpsdefb3225.png

The scale is:

Blue(1): Near, or the top graded player at their position

Green(1): Good grade for their position

Light Green(5): Above average grade for their position

Yellow(6): Average grade for their position

Orange(2): Below average grade for their position

Red(3): Low grade grade for their position

Black(3): Horrible grade for their position

Notes:

Matt Ryan drops to green from blue from poor play the last two weeks.

Our front four is the definition of average, with Peria Jerry and Corey Peters pretty much canceling each other out. Jerry has been worthless lately.

Our LB unit has been craptastic.

Desmond Trufant is very close to jumping up to green. He's trending up.

Thomas Decoud is working his way back from the deep hole he dig for himself the first quarter of the season, while Moore is leveling back out.

Our guards have declined in level of play, while Holmes continues to suck.

Konz turned in his first good game of the season, but is still bottom of the league.

Poor Tony. A shining star in a sea of ****.

Reminds me of Skittles, our only fricking player a 38 year old about to retire GOAT........

I didn't ask for theoretical I presented two players with actual data for reference. Why is JJ so much higher in pass score than HD? I bet it is based on snap count which isn't fair to skill players who are not first reads. Which goes back to what I said earlier this year, PFF is a biased system because they make the rules. It is only as accurate as their observations and their grading system.

I didn't ask for theoretical I presented two players with actual data for reference. Why is JJ so much higher in pass score than HD? I bet it is based on snap count which isn't fair to skill players who are not first reads. Which goes back to what I said earlier this year, PFF is a biased system because they make the rules. It is only as accurate as their observations and their grading system.

This literally makes no sense. I already explained why, because Julio made a heck of a lot more plays, and spectacular ones at this. On top of this, your whole rant about some sort of bias towards snap count is so incoherent I can't begin to figure out what you mean. It almost makes less sense than saying PFF is "biased" because they make the rules.

You're all over the place.

Lol you should make a chart for how much of the money stolen from you goes to private central banks owned by foreigners who run your country and use you to fight all their wars (all of it) and how much goes to your country (none), clown

Oh look, that sheep guy.