Updated Color Coded Chart Using Pff Grades: Week 10

Here's an updated chart that I made back on week 6 that utilizes PFF grades to color code our players based on relevant grading information

AtlantaFalconsPFFCumulativeGradeChart2_zpsdefb3225.png

The scale is:

Blue(1): Near, or the top graded player at their position

Green(1): Good grade for their position

Light Green(5): Above average grade for their position

Yellow(6): Average grade for their position

Orange(2): Below average grade for their position

Red(3): Low grade grade for their position

Black(3): Horrible grade for their position

Notes:

Matt Ryan drops to green from blue from poor play the last two weeks.

Our front four is the definition of average, with Peria Jerry and Corey Peters pretty much canceling each other out. Jerry has been worthless lately.

Our LB unit has been craptastic.

Desmond Trufant is very close to jumping up to green. He's trending up.

Thomas Decoud is working his way back from the deep hole he dig for himself the first quarter of the season, while Moore is leveling back out.

Our guards have declined in level of play, while Holmes continues to suck.

Konz turned in his first good game of the season, but is still bottom of the league.

Poor Tony. A shining star in a sea of ****.

I disagree with Peters he's clearly been our best DL this year

Probably should be light green also opens everything up for everyone else and yet they still can't get any pressure.

Bartu is also playing well

There grade for the most part are bull sh!t its more so them ranking the players I think the stats they keep are good info like (pressure and how many pressure were given up by an OL)

But say trufant ends up with 20+ PD's and 4-5 picks yet no one throws at say Revis who doesn't have those type of stats does that make trufant better no

I don't read to much in to it and there rankings like I said some of there stuff is useful but I don't see how you can rank players when teams try to avoid them like teams don't really run at Peters and when they do run they still double him and run away from him that's why Babs is always busting threw then proceeding to miss the tackle.

I disagree with Peters he's clearly been our best DL this year

Probably should be light green also opens everything up for everyone else and yet they still can't get any pressure.

Bartu is also playing well

There grade for the most part are bull sh!t its more so them ranking the players I think the stats they keep are good info like (pressure and how many pressure were given up by an OL)

But say trufant ends up with 20+ PD's and 4-5 picks yet no one throws at say Revis who doesn't have those type of stats does that make trufant better no

I don't read to much in to it and there rankings like I said some of there stuff is useful but I don't see how you can rank players when teams try to avoid them like teams don't really run at Peters and when they do run they still double him and run away from him that's why Babs is always busting threw then proceeding to miss the tackle.

Peters splits time with Jerry, so his positive grade is canceled out by Jerry's negative grade (+2.3 vs. -5.5). Probably should have went with orange really.

Bartu consistently grades in the negative in varying degrees everywhere but run defense, where he's above average.

Revis is their top rated CB. Don't know what you're talking about.

They grade success on a snap per snap basis, and their grades show Peters as having the best run defense grade on the team, for 10th in the league.

I was told that PFF was only about 70% accurate since they get confused with coverages from time to time. I noticed some off grades/yards this weekend. It's a good base but it shouldn't be the end all be all

I like seeing the grades but they mean nothing really, except something to talk about from time to time. I would like to see all of the individual grades though

Here's an updated chart that I made back on week 6 that utilizes PFF grades to color code our players based on relevant grading information

The scale is:

Notes:

Our front four is the definition of average, with Peria Jerry and Corey Peters pretty much canceling each other out. Jerry has been worthless lately.

Thomas Decoud is working his way back from the deep hole he dig for himself the first quarter of the season, while Moore is leveling back out.

Konz turned in his first good game of the season, but is still bottom of the league.

Inaccurate.

Based on absolutely zero actual football analysis.

Completely irrelevant.

Farcical.

PFF grading is stupid and pointless in every possible way something can be stupid and pointless.

The entire line should be graded black, with the POSSIBLE exception of Blalock, who might soar to the heights of red if the India-subcontinent "analysts" actually understood what they are seeing.

The scale is:

Notes:

I really don't see how either DT is anything other than black. Unless you're giving them career grades.

I can only say so much. It's a ****** website and luckily many football fanatics take it with a grain of salt. You continue to post their drivel and I'll continue to laugh at your expense.

It's a ****** website... because your limited time spent watching the game doesn't match up with grades given by people who literally watch each individual player on every snap, every game, and use a sound methodology to provide an overview of performance? NFL teams use it, as do agents. Not only do they use it, but everyone from front office personnel to players give it kudos.

Maybe, just maybe, your limited perception is trumped by thorough play by play analysis.