We have a second round center and a third round tackle who are second year players. They did everything that was asked of them. They worked hard in training camp. They are working hard to improve their work. I see very little improvement in their body of work. Their blocking is not improving. When they get beat they hold. Some of the coaches in college teach their players how to block. Some of the college coaches work on the basics principles of football. I wonder if we are too far gone to rescue our poor line men. We have a high dollar quarterback that needs protecting. We have a really good running back who would like a hole to run through. We have some good receivers who like to get open so they could catch ball. Most everything we do is dependent of our O line. Most every team that does well has someone to instruct their boys how to conduct themselves in a professional way.

None of our draft picks improve from college.

Either they get to the Falcons and their talent stays the same or gets worse.

This is COMPLETELY on coaching. TD hasnt drafted overly talented guys and that is a problem, but it is also a problem that all the coaching our players get stops the second they leave college.

So you advocate firing Pat Hill and replace him with what, the 3rd OL coach in as many years?

I remember going to the old Falcon complex when Bennett was coach. When we had open practice for play offs I saw the coaches teaching the players how to block. We had some coaches who believed in working with their men. With the smart brass we have in the front office, I suggest we spend the money to get the best line coach that we can get bar non. Talk is cheap, do it or be replaced.

How many assistant coaches are we going to replace, before we start looking at Smith?

With Arthur Blank spending almost ONE BILLION DOLLARS of his own money for a new stadium, there will be a lot of pressure to put a huge winner on the field in 2015-2016 leading up to the 2017 season in the new stadium. Neither Smitty nor Dimitroff will be safe if 2014 season looks like 2013.

Who is going to pay PSL fees for this garbage?

Since sticking with failure to maintain consistency is a much better option, right?

All the "Must be the coaches" who are to blame crowd really kill me. Really? You don't think that we haven't already traveled down that roads before? Truly sad that, we fired, IMO, arguably the finest Oline coach we've ever had and some don't even get it

None of our draft picks improve from college.

Either they get to the Falcons and their talent stays the same or gets worse.

This is COMPLETELY on coaching. TD hasnt drafted overly talented guys and that is a problem, but it is also a problem that all the coaching our players get stops the second they leave college.

Do you think it may have something to do with the CBA and the small amount of padded practices allowed?

If they players on this team executed we are easily 4-4 right now even decimated with injuries. That is, in no way, Smiths fault.

So coaches are never to blame? If every player "executed" then coaches would never get fired?

We keep having the same issues (too multiple to list) each game for the past few years. That is coaching.

No because it isnt a league wide issue.

How many of the guys drafted in the last 2 years have come in and been good? Most of the guys drafted or had little playing time (less practice reps) in the last 2 years have not been as good as expected as opposed to the guys that had a base of getting much more coaching before the new CBA.

All the "Must be the coaches" who are to blame crowd really kill me. Really? You don't think that we haven't already traveled down that roads before? Truly sad that, we fired, IMO, arguably the finest Oline coach we've ever had and some don't even get it

When there are rampant technique breakdowns and negligent player development in the lines then only the blind will say it isn't the coaches.

Holmes can still get better, he is young and has potential, his conditioning is horrible but that can be fixed. Reynolds has been a bust since we drafted him. Konz was a overrated draft pick, who obviously didn't learn anything from Todd McClure. Blalock has been underrated his entire career and IMO is their best offensive lineman since McClure retired. Trueblood wouldn't even be on the team if Mike Johnson didn't get hurt. Sam Baker is always hurt and is mediocre at best. I don't understand why you would pay a guy 100 million and not pay for quality guys who can protect him.