Can We Scrap The Dink And Dunk Offense?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is your point? Stats alone don't tell the entire story. You can have great stats, and the team can suck because its a team game. I will say it again, the Falcons are dead last in rushing as a team. Our #1 RB in terms of yards is the 50th ranked RB in terms of yards. Our D is 21st in yards given up per game. We are a bad team. Matt has played pretty well, the last two games have been a turnover fest and given what he has to work I'm not surprised. Given that we can't run the ball, our top 2 WRs are gone and the D can't really stop anybody, its no wonder we are 2 - 6.

Matt's QB rating is higher than Brady's. So is his completion %, passing yardage and TD's. The difference is New England is 10th in rushing. So they are not a 1 trick pony. Individual stats don't tell the entire story. Guess your point is you found one where Geno is equal to Matt.

Who thinks we can go deep and stretch the field with what we are rolling out on O?

I do. Smittyball is fundamentally opposed to throwing the ball downfield, therefore that option is not an important part of the Falcon offensive playbook. We didn't throw the ball downfield much when we had all our WR's and the OL was better. I say you can do anything you want to on offense or defense, provided you have a coach smart enough to set that particular play up by manipulating the defense or offense. We don't have an offensive coach on this team capable of this. Even if we did, his grandiose plans would be instantly vetoed by Smith as being too risky and not using up enough time off the clock.

Edited by PokerSteve

I'm going to try to put this as simply as possible since I've said it repeatedly.

None. Of. The. Targets. Are. Getting. Separation. Down. Field.

Either you force throws, throw it away, take the sack, or go to your checkdown. People are currently bitching that Ryan forced some throws downfield and got intercepted for it and that he's going to his checkdown to at least get some yards. Learn to ******* watch the game instead of the ball.

How big is your damnn tv? Don't tell me you see the recievers every play. They aren't going to be wide open as Ryan prefers them to be before he throws it. Don't try and convince us that in 3 yrs the recievers have never been open or gotten separation.

How big is your damnn tv? Don't tell me you see the recievers every play. They aren't going to be wide open as Ryan prefers them to be before he throws it. Don't try and convince us that in 3 yrs the recievers have never been open or gotten separation.

Harry Douglas standing in the end zone, wide f%$king open and Ryan throws to double covered and smothered Gonzalez. Also saw Drew Davis wide open and the ball going elsewhere.

actually there was a pocket and Ryan just zero in on Tony G

Oh he made one bad read?

Nobody else ever does that right.

Besides when you get beat up all game every game so quickly you get a shorter internal timer on throws and want to get the ball out quickly even when there isn't pressure right in your face.

It's hard to see all your receivers when you're on the ground after 2 seconds.

Why do people still not get this?

Matt Ryan IS NOT on the ground every time he drops back to pass. He has not been sacked no more than any other QB. HE STARES DOWN RECIEVERS TOO MUCH and doesn't look at all recievers.

When you look at percentage of dropbacks under pressure, combined with average time to throw, you see Matt Ryan is not only one of the best in the league at dealing with pressure, but he's also under about the most of it as well. For most of the season, Matt Ryan has been #1 at not allowing pressure to turn into sacks, even though he's consistently been one of the most pressured QBs per dropback.

He's had a couple bad games, i don't think anyone's arguing he didn't. It's just surprising he hasn't had more given what's around him.

I think it's surprising that Ryan sucks worse now even though the OL has improved. Does. Not. Compute. Now I don't know what to expect out of Ryan, but I'm beginning to take a very pessimistic view of his ability to keep this offense competitive going forward.

I think it's surprising that Ryan sucks worse now even though the OL has improved. Does. Not. Compute. Now I don't know what to expect out of Ryan, but I'm beginning to take a very pessimistic view of his ability to keep this offense competitive going forward.

You said the exact same thing after the OAK and ARI game last year and then Ryan went on to finish the season with a 12-2 TD:INT ratio