Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ket222

How Many Losses For Top 5 Pick, Top 10, Etc?

31 posts in this topic

Typically, what is the record for teams in the top 5 of the draft, top 10, top 15, etc? What does a 4-12 season get us? also, let's say we draft number 5 and a team at 8 or 9 wants to move up and trade with us, do we get their 2nd and 3rd or next years first? (if so, what would you rather have?) my feeling is that we'd really 'earn' getting such a high draft pick and should make the best of what we have!

I know it's exciting to think about. But we can't get ahead of ourselves. We have to lose one game at a time. If we start thinking about 2-14, we might screw up and win some games. Got to stay focused.

laugh.png

I know it's exciting to think about. But we can't get ahead of ourselves. We have to lose one game at a time. If we start thinking about 2-14, we might screw up and win some games. Got to stay focused.

In order to win or to get lucky….we need to hang in there for entire 4 qtrs. But, they can't get past 3rd qtr.

if someone could give real numbers (a 4-12 record typically picks at number X in draft) that would be appreciated I saw something a couple weeks ago saying that we'd pick at 8 even though 3-4 other teams had the same record--I wonder why (I know it has something to do with whom the teams play and their records, but that we frustrating to see)

if someone could give real numbers (a 4-12 record typically picks at number X in draft) that would be appreciated I saw something a couple weeks ago saying that we'd pick at 8 even though 3-4 other teams had the same record--I wonder why (I know it has something to do with whom the teams play and their records, but that we frustrating to see)

It usually depends on how bad the bottom feeders are in any given year. We know full well the Jags will struggle to pull off even one win so the #1 pick is out of the question. Our main competition at this point are the Bucs, Vikings, Giants, and Rams (because they have the Redskins pick, though they suck on their own accord). The Giants may be able to scrap some more wins together as well as the Redskins. The Vikings and Bucs keep finding ways to lose despite hanging around in games but with the way we're playing they have better shots at pulling some games off.

edit: Draft strategy wise, I'd like the Falcons to be situated between the Jags and the Vikings. We know the Jags will take Bridgewater so after that we're in the driver's seat and can take advantage of QB desperate teams in a trade down and drive up the price that way. If the Vikings are the next pick, who obviously need a QB, that really helps us be the target pick for a trade up to get the next best QB.

It usually depends on how bad the bottom feeders are in any given year. We know full well the Jags will struggle to pull off even one win so the #1 pick is out of the question. Our main competition at this point are the Bucs, Vikings, Giants, and Rams (because they have the Redskins pick, though they suck on their own accord). The Giants may be able to scrap some more wins together as well as the Redskins. The Vikings and Bucs keep finding ways to lose despite hanging around in games but with the way we're playing they have better shots at pulling some games off.

Agree. Our level of suckitude has soared into the stratosphere. Led by our $100 million QB, we're starting to look like one of the worst teams in the NFL. I think we can get the 2nd pick.

At 2-6, our wins mean nothing at this point, other than lowering our draft pick.

I'll take 10-6 than 2-14 any day of the week. Even if we miss out on the playoffs.

great post psychic gibbon what does 5 or 6 wins get us in draft? also what can we get in trade back scenarios?

giphy.gif

(Fans wanting high draft pick and not a win)

I'd like them to win but considering their play I'd honestly be surprised if they win another this season. Might as well look to the draft at this point since there isn't anything to look forward to this season.

best. comment. ever.

I think that if we get to 6-10 then we will be just outside the top 10. We don't want to risk winning any more than 5 games. ;)

lolllllll funny stuff ...

last year a 6-10 season got you a top ten pick

a 4-12 got you a top 5 pick.

honestly they better not be looking at getting a 6+ winning season. We do not need to be in the middle of draft.

Adam25 likes this