Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Culain_04

Rookies

17 posts in this topic

It sucks that we lost, but these guys played well, and it 's a good sign for our defense in the future. I've said before i expect us to win one more game and go 3-13 get a top 10 pick, what do you guys think

Worrilow 19 Tackles.

Bartu 9 Tackles

Alford 3 tackles 1 Int

Trufant 5 tackles & 1 Int

Wait. Worrilow had NINETEEN tackles? Holy shit.

Yeah, I was shocked as well. In the beginning it looked like he was whiffing on a lot of tackles.

I think the rookies have outshined the vets on this defense thus far with their consistent play. Tru showed alot of emotion in this past game with his play and I hope that continues. Alford played good as well but I think these two are better served up on the wideouts as opposed to what I saw in this game against the panties. When they were out on the edge they were playing at least ten yards of the line. My hope is that Smith and company turn these guys loose and let them play fast and aggressive.

A bright ray of sunshine on this season is definitely the play of the rookies. Another year of NFL level weight training and learning the program, they will shine.

Future is bright outside of the front 4

I actually think the front four have done well too. I think the defense has a lot of good young talent that is capable of growing to be solid players. Peria Jerry surprisingly has looked like an actual NFL player this year. Peters has been making plays and the last couple of weeks Mass and Goodman are coming on and getting a fair amount of pressure.

I seriously think getting a legit OL on the field is the biggest issue holding the Falcons back. They showed last night on the ESPN broadcast that the Bears only remaining starter on the OL from last year to this year is Roberto Garza at center. Speaking of which, Garza has turned into a decent player when I never thought much of him here. One guy I did like when he was here that I have no idea what happened to was Martin Bibla. Anyone know what happened to him?

But back to the point I was making. The Bears changed out four starting offensive linemen in one off-season and now have a much improved OL. That means there is proof that you can overhaul an OL in one off-season. That's all the Falcons need to do to get back into the mix as a top notch team next year.

That doesn't mean that other area's can't be improved but this panic that the Falcons need to completely overhaul the team and trade Matt Ryan because we're entering into a five year rebuilding process is stupid. With the right moves the Falcons can and should be back as a Super Bowl contender next year.

I actually think the front four have done well too. I think the defense has a lot of good young talent that is capable of growing to be solid players. Peria Jerry surprisingly has looked like an actual NFL player this year. Peters has been making plays and the last couple of weeks Mass and Goodman are coming on and getting a fair amount of pressure.

I seriously think getting a legit OL on the field is the biggest issue holding the Falcons back. They showed last night on the ESPN broadcast that the Bears only remaining starter on the OL from last year to this year is Roberto Garza at center. Speaking of which, Garza has turned into a decent player when I never thought much of him here. One guy I did like when he was here that I have no idea what happened to was Martin Bibla. Anyone know what happened to him?

But back to the point I was making. The Bears changed out four starting offensive linemen in one off-season and now have a much improved OL. That means there is proof that you can overhaul an OL in one off-season. That's all the Falcons need to do to get back into the mix as a top notch team next year.

That doesn't mean that other area's can't be improved but this panic that the Falcons need to completely overhaul the team and trade Matt Ryan because we're entering into a five year rebuilding process is stupid. With the right moves the Falcons can and should be back as a Super Bowl contender next year.

except the Falcons just overhauled with 3 changes this year... let them gel.

except the Falcons just overhauled with 3 changes this year... let them gel.

The problem with "let them gel" is that Garrett Reynolds is complete trash and Lamar Holmes is a terrible right tackle because he's a terrible run blocker.

The problem with "let them gel" is that Garrett Reynolds is complete trash and Lamar Holmes is a terrible right tackle because he's a terrible run blocker.

which is why Holmes has graded positively in every game at right tackle as a run blocker this year by PFF? come on now...