All 2008-2013 Falcons Team

Who do you guys have as your All-TD/Mike Smith era Atlanta Falcons team? If you want, list off the year of which you would have taken that player as well. This is my team, matching players to the positions they played(i.e., Asante Samuel wouldn't be a RCB, etc.)

Offense:

QB - Matt Ryan(2012)

RB - Michael Turner(2008)

RB2 - Jacquizz Rodgers(2013)

FB - Ovie Mughelli (2009)

TE - Tony Gonzalez (2009)

TE2 - Justin Peelle (2008)

RT - Tyson Clabo (2011)

LG - Harvey Dahl (2010)

C - Todd McClure (2009)

LG - Justin Blalock (2010)

LT - Sam Baker (2012)

WR1 - Roddy White (2012)

WR2 - Julio Jones (2012)

WR3 - Harry Douglas (2013)

Defense:

RDE - John Abraham (2008)

DT - Jonathan Babineaux (2009)

DT - Grady Jackson (2008)

LDE - Kroy Biermann (2009)

SLB - Stephen Nicholas (2011)

MLB - Curtis Lofton (2011)

WLB - Sean Weatherspoon (2011)

LCB - Brent Grimes (2011)

RCB - Chris Houston (2008)

SLB - Robert McClain (2012)

FS - Thomas DeCoud (2009)

SS - William Moore (2013)

Special Teams:

KR - Eric Weems (2010)

PR - Eric Weems (2011)

K - Matt Bryant (2012)

P - Matt Bosher (2012)

Edited by Free Radical

Who do you guys have as your All-TD/Mike Smith era Atlanta Falcons team? If you want, list off the year of which you would have taken that player as well.

Offense:

QB - Matt Ryan(2012)

RB - Michael Turner(2008)

RB2 - Jacquizz Rodgers(2013)

FB - Ovie Mughelli (2009)

TE - Tony Gonzalez (2009)

TE2 - Justin Peelle (2008)

RT - Tyson Clabo (2011)

LG - Harvey Dahl (2010)

C - Todd McClure (2009)

LG - Justin Blalock (2010)

LT - Sam Baker (2012)

WR1 - Roddy White (2012)

WR2 - Julio Jones (2012)

WR3 - Harry Douglas (2013)

Defense:

RDE - John Abraham (2008)

DT - Jonathan Babineaux (2009)

DT - Grady Jackson (2008)

LDE - Kroy Biermann (2009)

SLB - Stephen Nicholas (2011)

MLB - Curtis Lofton (2011)

WLB - Sean Weatherspoon (2011)

LCB - Brent Grimes (2011)

RCB - Chris Houston (2008)

SLB - Robert McClain (2012)

FS - Thomas DeCoud (2009)

SS - William Moore (2013)

Special Teams:

KR - Eric Weems (2010)

PR - Eric Weems (2011)

K - Matt Bryant (2012)

P - Matt Bosher (2012)

I would put Samuel of 2012 over Houston and Dominque Foxworth as Nickel corner.

Edited by JD dirtybird21

Who do you guys have as your All-TD/Mike Smith era Atlanta Falcons team? If you want, list off the year of which you would have taken that player as well. This is my team, matching players to the positions they played(i.e., Asante Samuel wouldn't be a RCB, etc.)

I agree with everything except maybe:

Offense:

RB2 - Jacquizz Rodgers (2013) - definitely give me Snelling. RB, FB and STs. Poor man's WA31. Ran us to a back to back. All around player. With epilepsy.

TE2 - Justin Peelle (2008) - TE2 was a TD void that should've been filled long ago. Michael Palmer might have been better. Playing in PIT and doing OK.

LT - Sam Baker (2012) - don't even get me started. I'd put a no knee Weiner in front of him. Maybe even Surelock Holmes. Seriously.

Defense:

DT - Grady Jackson (2008) - probably Peters. A Dimi pick. Playing a contract year like Babs and Jelly. All three need to be upgraded on a scheme shift.

RCB - Chris Houston (2008) - I think you're right on this but RCB was a merrygoround so it's hard to say. Give me Crisp. Dimi cut him too soon.

SLB - Robert McClain (2012) - BWill played the best nickel in the Smitty regime to me. Played run and pass pretty good. Couldn't stay healthy though.

My first thought - where are Todd Weiner and Justin Peele? Blocking, blocking, blocking.

Got Peelle in as the TE2.

One of things we did so well in 2008 and up until 2010 was block effectively at the TE position. Tony Gonzalez was okay at it in 2009, but has since fallen off completely, while no other TE has replaced Hartsock and Peelle in their blocking effectiveness.

im just going to name players we lost that we could use these days. michael boley, he was a good lb, him, sppon, and lofton together would be a good lb core. harvey dahl was a huge blow to us. would def like to have grady jackson ad todd weiner back. in spite of all the hate i liked drob, he had some success last year and i woulda liked to see if he could be a beter fs than decoud. turner from 08-10. if we had that turner and that ol from those years we have a winning season. miss grady jackson and abe as well along with 08-10 grimes.

I agree with the offense, on the Defense I'd change out these players:

DT - Jonathan Babineaux (2009) - I'd switch out for Corey Peters (I'd still want Babineaux to rotate in but if I was forced to choose between the two I'd take Peters.) I think Peters next to Grady Jackson would be similar to Henderson and Stroud when Jacksonville had a dominate defense.

LDE - Kroy Biermann (2009) Osi is just a better player (2013)

RCB - Chris Houston (2008) - Chris Houston sucks, I'd go with Asante or even Robinson (2012)

FS - Thomas DeCoud (2009) - Chris Hope (2012) I thought Hope looked really good when he got playing time filling in for Moore last year and is a better tackler than DeCoud.