A Forum Only For Those Who Can Face The Real Truth

For years I have told inconvenient truths about the team and was viewed as a pariah by many; realities that stung but I was not afraid to say despite the overwhelming backlash. Things such as "Unless the Falcons Stop the Run, A Superbowl is unlikely", pointing out the need for a pass rushing linebacker and defensive end on the strongside of the defense and a run stopping tackle. Each year this was scoffed at and never addressed by Thomas Dimitroff. I insisted that Eddie Lacy should be looked at as an option but he was ignored for a second cornerback. Dimitroff arrogantly stood pat, nonverbally stating that this is "his team" by keeping the likes of Perry Jerry, Stephen Nicholas, re-signing a mediocre injury-plagued offensive tackle in Sam Baker rather than exploring other options and not addressing the long standing problem of a pass rush. Now you see the "fruit" of his labor, a 2-5 season. The Apologists will blame injuries and bad breaks but all teams have them (The Packers won the Super Bowl with 16 key players on injured reserve) The fact is that Dimitroff took over a playoff-caliber team which needed a coach, quarterback and running back. He put them in place and the team started winning. Since then, he has made only two other significant moves: Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez, and the rest have been markedly mediocre. That is the real reason for this malaise.

Yes. Who does Dimitroff think he is, ignoring MB posters and their wants?

Come on, dude. I'm on board with the "it's been ignored for too long." But at least write this in a way that doesn't imply that Thomas Dimitroff cares, or should care, what you think about it. "Dimitroff arrogantly stood pat." rolleyes.gif

Like a lot of the other critics on here, the OP lacks and sensible degree of perspective and fails to see the bigger picture.

Dimitroff didn't inherit a playoff calibre team either. This team didn't even have a wining record, let alone sniff the playoffs, in the 3 years before TD got here.

For years I have told inconvenient truths about the team and was viewed as a pariah by many; realities that stung but I was not afraid to say despite the overwhelming backlash. Things such as "Unless the Falcons Stop the Run, A Superbowl is unlikely", pointing out the need for a pass rushing linebacker and defensive end on the strongside of the defense and a run stopping tackle. Each year this was scoffed at and never addressed by Thomas Dimitroff. I insisted that Eddie Lacy should be looked at as an option but he was ignored for a second cornerback. Dimitroff arrogantly stood pat, nonverbally stating that this is "his team" by keeping the likes of Perry Jerry, Stephen Nicholas, re-signing a mediocre injury-plagued offensive tackle in Sam Baker rather than exploring other options and not addressing the long standing problem of a pass rush. Now you see the "fruit" of his labor, a 2-5 season. The Apologists will blame injuries and bad breaks but all teams have them (The Packers won the Super Bowl with 16 key players on injured reserve) The fact is that Dimitroff took over a playoff-caliber team which needed a coach, quarterback and running back. He put them in place and the team started winning. Since then, he has made only two other significant moves: Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez, and the rest have been markedly mediocre. That is the real reason for this malaise.

You lost me. He inheirited a "Playoff caliber team". LACKING A COACH, QB AND RB. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png Edited by vabchbirdlover

Here is a Dimitroff myth: Recall in 2008 when he took over for Rich McKay as GM, prior to this the talk was that the Micheal Vick/Bobby Petrino combination would be lethal. The ship sank with Vick being arrested and the rat Petrino left as rats do. However this team as only 3 seasons removed from 11-5 and if not for a missed Todd Peterson kick against Tampa Bay in 2005, would have been 9-7 and in playoff contention. In 2006 the team started 6-2 and one of the worst defenses in the NFL gave up 4 4th quarter leads en route to a 7-9 record. The point being that it was portrayed as a desolate, talent barren team but that was far from the truth. Again, Dimitroff adds Mike Smith, a good coach, Matt Ryan, a good quarterback and Michael Turner, a good running back to a pretty good nucleus of players previously assembled by McKay and they start winning; no super-brilliant moves but three sound ones. Now the truth of his other decisions is made threadbare for all to see. The Peria Jerry over Clay Mathews and Robert Alford instead of Eddie Lacy picks are significant in that those are areas of extreme need where Dimitroff made the nouveu pick instead of the logical one. The team is suffering mightily because of it.

Edited by kennycaine

You lost me. He inheirited a "Playoff caliber team". LACKING A COACH, QB AND RB. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Like a lot of the other critics on here, the OP lacks and sensible degree of perspective and fails to see the bigger picture.

Dimitroff didn't inherit a playoff calibre team either. This team didn't even have a wining record, let alone sniff the playoffs, in the 3 years before TD got here.

If you knew your history you would know that is not true at all: 2004-11-5, 2005-8-8 but a missed kick from 9-7 and 2006 7-9 with 4 blown 4th quarter leads after beginning 6-2. That is not a horrible, talent absent team, in fact the three year record for the team prior to the Petrino fiasco was 26-22..A winning record. Even if you add the Petrino year, it is still 30-36 over 4 seasons, 3 games under .500.

Here is a Dimitroff myth: Recall in 2008 when he took over for Rich McKay as GM, prior to this the talk was that the Micheal Vick/Bobby Petrino combination would be lethal. The ship sank with Vick being arrested and the rat Petrino left as rats do. However this team as only 3 seasons removed from 11-5 and if not for a missed Todd Peterson kick against Tampa Bay in 2005, would have been 9-7 and in playoff contention. In 2006 the team started 6-2 and one of the worst defenses in the NFL gave up 4 4th quarter leads en route to a 7-9 record. The point being that it was portrayed as a desolate, talent barren team but that was far from the truth. Again, Dimitroff adds Mike Smith, a good coach, Matt Ryan, a good quarterback and Michael Turner, a good running back to a pretty good nucleus of players previously assembled by McKay and they start winning; no super-brilliant moves but three sound ones. Now the truth of his other decisions is made threadbare for all to see. The Peria Jerry over Clay Mathews and Robert Alford instead of Eddie Lacy picks are significant in that those are areas of extreme need where Dimitroff made the nouveu pick instead of the logical one. The team is suffering mightily because of it.

"Only 3 seasons removed from 11-5''

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Man you can't say with a straight face that you believe for a second that this cesspool of a franchise that Dimitroff inherited was playoff caliber, and I don't particularily like the job he has done. Dam. Edited by vabchbirdlover

If you knew your history you would know that is not true at all: 2004-11-5, 2005-8-8 but a missed kick from 9-7 and 2006 7-9 with 4 blown 4th quarter leads after beginning 6-2. That is not a horrible, talent absent team, in fact the three year record for the team prior to the Petrino fiasco was 26-22..A winning record. Even if you add the Petrino year, it is still 30-36 over 4 seasons, 3 games under .500.

Far cry from the winning pct over the last 5 yrs, and again I'm 1 of TD's bigger cititcs, but man u done lost leave of ur common senses.

Yes. Who does Dimitroff think he is, ignoring MB posters and their wants?

Come on, dude. I'm on board with the "it's been ignored for too long." But at least write this in a way that doesn't imply that Thomas Dimitroff cares, or should care, what you think about it. "Dimitroff arrogantly stood pat." rolleyes.gif

He should care since we, as paying fans fundamentally pay his salary. No Fans no team. You took a statement and made it you bullet point but what else do you call it when you see that there is no pass rush but you insist on not acting? He was basically saying that the guys that he drafted 2-3 years ago were going to be enough, even though they had never shown as much. What have you seen of Massaqoui, Mathews or Jerry to show that he was right about them? Right, 201 rushing yards and no quarterback pressure to speak of.

You snotty little Diva........YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH , son, we play a game of physicality and those games have to be won by men with muscle....whose gonna win those games ? Diva wide recievers ? Diva corners ? Millionaire pretty boys far from the line of scrimmage ? I have more responisiblility than you can possilbly fathom moving around 300 lb men all the while Sportscenter is interviewing the fags and pu**ies I allow to be successful. You weep for Julio Jones and Roddy White, and their injuries, though tragic probably won't win games....we use words like leverage, heart, standing your ground, moving your man, you use them as a fagkut would for men on a chess board. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to you or panzy ***** like Mel Kiper who tell you to take a wide receiver in the first round. ...I'd rather you just lift some weights and move a man yourself.

Edited by OldFalcons

Far cry from the winning pct over the last 5 yrs, and again I'm 1 of TD's bigger cititcs, but man u done lost leave of ur common senses.

Why even be stuck on that? Forget that part then and tell us what has he done significantly other than Ryan, Smith, Gonzalez, and Julio Jones?

For years I have told inconvenient truths about the team and was viewed as a MORON by most everyone with an I.Q. above 60; realities that stung but I was not afraid to say despite the overwhelming backlash. Things such as "Unless the Falcons Stop the Run, A Superbowl is unlikely", pointing out the need for a pass rushing linebacker and defensive end on the strongside of the defense and a run stopping tackle. Each year this was scoffed at and never addressed by Thomas Dimitroff. I insisted that Eddie Lacy should be looked at as an option but he was ignored for a second cornerback. Dimitroff arrogantly stood pat, nonverbally stating that this is "his team" by keeping the likes of Perry Jerry, Stephen Nicholas, re-signing a mediocre injury-plagued offensive tackle in Sam Baker rather than exploring other options and not addressing the long standing problem of a pass rush. Now you see the "fruit" of his labor, a 2-5 season. The Apologists will blame injuries and bad breaks but all teams have them (The Packers won the Super Bowl with 16 key players on injured reserve) The fact is that Dimitroff took over a playoff-caliber team which needed a coach, quarterback and running back. He put them in place and the team started winning. Since then, he has made only two other significant moves: Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez, and the rest have been markedly mediocre. That is the real reason for this malaise.

Fixed a section for you Your Welcome

The fact is that Dimitroff took over a playoff-caliber team which needed a coach, quarterback and running back.

Maybe you should stop posting till you get home from school as i'm sure this insane comment was from your mind being on the upcoming recess.

He should care since we, as paying fans fundamentally pay his salary. No Fans no team. You took a statement and made it you bullet point but what else do you call it when you see that there is no pass rush but you insist on not acting? He was basically saying that the guys that he drafted 2-3 years ago were going to be enough, even though they had never shown as much. What have you seen of Massaqoui, Mathews or Jerry to show that he was right about them? Right, 201 rushing yards and no quarterback pressure to speak of.

Move team then. NFL teams aren't going bankrupt moron. You think a winning team is a right of yours. It's not. You're a terrible fan and don't deserve a winner. You get what you deserve.

Edited by JulioisCoolio

Some of you, in your need to debate me and be critical are not addressing the point of this, in that what has he done or more accurately, why did he not equip this team better if he is such a great GM? In a so-called Super Bowl year he guts the team of veterans and doesn't replace them, replaces starters on a mediocre line with his unproven projects who have failed and fails to upgrade a lowly ranked running game, albeit with a 30 year old injury plagued 10,000 yard rusher. Were not Bjorn Werner as a strongside pass rusher and Eddie Lacy, a 230 pound hard charging runner more "need" picks given the lack of a running game and pass rush? Why lure Gonzalez back but not upgrade the porous defense or fortify the offensive line?

Fixed a section for you Your Welcome

The fact is that Dimitroff took over a playoff-caliber team which needed a coach, quarterback and running back.

Maybe you should stop posting till you get home from school as i'm sure this insane comment was from your mind being on the upcoming recess.

Keep to topic please. I have not gotten personal with you

Some of you, in your need to debate me and be critical are not addressing the point of this, in that what has he done or more accurately, why did he not equip this team better if he is such a great GM? In a so-called Super Bowl year he guts the team of veterans and doesn't replace them, replaces starters on a mediocre line with his unproven projects who have failed and fails to upgrade a lowly ranked running game, albeit with a 30 year old injury plagued 10,000 yard rusher. Were not Bjorn Werner as a strongside pass rusher and Eddie Lacy, a 230 pound hard charging runner more "need" picks given the lack of a running game and pass rush? Why lure Gonzalez back but not upgrade the porous defense or fortify the offensive line?

I'm afraid you will not get much support here. Many fans are satisfied with almost, and " if it had not been for ".

Move team then. NFL teams aren't going bankrupt moron. You think a winning team is a right of yours. It's not. You're a terrible fan and don't deserve a winner. You get what you deserve.

If you want to get personal instead of talking about the topic then let's do so. That comment was so versed in idiocy I won't even bother. As for the name JulioisCollio that is indicative of the sense that your comment made

I'm afraid you will not get much support here. Many fans are satisfied with almost, and " if it had not been for ".

It is the Apologists here who would rather debate and insult me rather than face the truth, that this team was not equipped for a championship or to handle adversity. They can lash out me all they want but it doesn't change the reality that this Dimitroff-assembled team is 2-5, has given up over 100 rushing yards in 4 games including 201 to the Cardinals. All last year I pointed out that the inability to stop the run would cost the team and my prediction then and now has held up. Dimitroff's response was to trot out the same defense, virtually unchanged in the front seven and expected a different result. That, as Albert Einstein stated, is the definition of insanity.

It is the Apologists here who would rather debate and insult me rather than face the truth, that this team was not equipped for a championship or to handle adversity. They can lash out me all they want but it doesn't change the reality that this Dimitroff-assembled team is 2-5, has given up over 100 rushing yards in 4 games including 201 to the Cardinals. All last year I pointed out that the inability to stop the run would cost the team and my prediction then and now has held up. Dimitroff's response was to trot out the same defense, virtually unchanged in the front seven and expected a different result. That, as Albert Einstein stated, is the definition of insanity.

Preaches 'facing truth'

yet produces no truth

Quite hilarious