Who Else Is Skipping The Remaining Home Games?

BirdWeisErrr_2

No matter the score or the record if I had the money I would still go just to show my birds support. To be a fan a REAL fan support your team. Show them that there are still people rooting for them. Give them motivation and praise even when there done. WIN LOSE OR DRAW HEALTHY OR HURT SUPER BOWL OR NOT EVEN 2-5 STILL DB4L RISE UP

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought airline tx for Tampa game in Nov. Have since turned them back for partial credit. Why waste my time travelling. Will also skip the Stains game. Don't want to witness a slaughter in person. Rather watch it on TV and go to bed when the game gets too lopsided. That's a fact Jack.

Your "family argument" just proves my point. Thank you.

So a Falcons season ticket holder who invests thousands of dollars in his team every year, and drives 2 hours to and from every game, and has various financial obligations, is a bandwagon fan because he decides to save some money and watch the remaining games at home? You're a presumptuous a-ss.

And we're bandwagon fans? Falcons never even won a Super Bowl and we've only got 1 playoff win in the last five years. How is everyone who sits through that disappointment year in and out a bunch of bandwagon fans? Troll much?

So a Falcons season ticket holder who invests thousands of dollars in his team every year, and drives 2 hours to and from every game, and has various financial obligations, is a bandwagon fan because he decides to save some money and watch the remaining games at home? You're a presumptuous a-ss.

And we're bandwagon fans? Falcons never even won a Super Bowl and we've only got 1 playoff win in the last five years. How is everyone who sits through that disappointment year in and out a bunch of bandwagon fans? Troll much?

Simple answer...because if they were winning, you would be going. That is the definition of bandwagon to a T. Go ahead and point out our paper bags but you wouldn't have ever seen the paper bags had they stayed at home. They still went to the game.

Simple answer...because if they were winning, you would be going. That is the definition of bandwagon to a T. Go ahead and point out our paper bags but you wouldn't have ever seen the paper bags had they stayed at home. They still went to the game.

No - here is the definition of a Bandwagon fan.

Anyone who claims they are a "fan" of a particular sports team, even though they had no prior support for/interest in the team until that team started winning. These types of fans only show playoff interest, have probably never watched a regular season game, don't own any type of team merchandise, nor would they buy any

Now this guy doesn't fit this bill. He's already said he will continue to support them. However, he chooses to do this from his home. That's his prerogative, just as it is for many Saints fans who choose to do the same.

I will continue to go to all the games, but that is my personal choice and I don't need anyone telling me that makes me a better or worse fan because of it.

I spend thousands of dollars on 4 seats to the home games each year when I purchase my season tickets. I spend $400 a year on a parking pass. I spend quite a bit more on traveling to a few away games each year. Despite all of the dismal play and disappointment of this year, I'm already planning my trip to London next year. I spend hundreds every year on merchandise, both for myself and for my family.

Does that make me a better fan? **** no, it doesn't. It just happens to be the fan I am. Period.

The guys who don't buy merchandise because they have families to feed and bills to pay are no less fans than the ones who are fortunate enough and willing to spend thousands every year to show their support. The guys who choose to sit at home and watch the games on television by choice because it's how they get the most enjoyment from the game are entitled to do that without being labeled one way or another.

I choose to go to the games because it brings me great joy to see my team play live - and to share the experience with those around me. I CHOOSE to go, there is no code of honor forcing me to go nor does it make me better or worse than the next fan. It is simply my choice and I have been fortunate enough in my life to be able to afford to make my choice come to fruition.

Some fans choose not to go to the games because of location, lack of funds or simply because it's not the way they enjoy the game the most. They are still fans. No better or worse than the ones who choose to go to every game despite the record.

Bandwagon fans are the fans who really have no interest at all in the team unless they are winning and playoff bound. They don't even know when they play, much less choose to go. Look at the Miami Heat fans. I'm telling you - many of those fans are truly bandwagon - and never even knew what a hoop was before all the hoopla. Others are fans since before King James ever took a step in Miami, but never have and probably never will see a game live. Just the way it is.

So, why don't you just sit back and enjoy this year - you guys are on top - your team is hot and looks like you have an opportunity to make a deep run. You should be thrilled. Leave us to our misery - as we left you to yours last year.

I believe in this team, regardless - and I believe they will be back. I'll be there then, God willing, just as I am now. Because it is my choice and fortune to be able to make that choice, not because of a label someone wants to paste to an individual in judgement of their loyalties.

I hope you don't come back when the team is doing well.

You and the rest of these bandwagon fans.

These "fake fans" and "bandwagon fans" or whatever you want to call them is what keeps your *** in a seat if you think about it. Without them the attendance would be so-so and there wouldn't even be a team. All you die-hard mother****ers are a joke.

Anyone who claims they are a "fan" of a particular sports team, even though they had no prior support for/interest in the team until that team started winning. These types of fans only show playoff interest, have probably never watched a regular season game, don't own any type of team merchandise, nor would they buy any

Now this guy doesn't fit this bill. He's already said he will continue to support them. However, he chooses to do this from his home. That's his prerogative, just as it is for many Saints fans who choose to do the same.

I will continue to go to all the games, but that is my personal choice and I don't need anyone telling me that makes me a better or worse fan because of it.

I spend thousands of dollars on 4 seats to the home games each year when I purchase my season tickets. I spend $400 a year on a parking pass. I spend quite a bit more on traveling to a few away games each year. Despite all of the dismal play and disappointment of this year, I'm already planning my trip to London next year. I spend hundreds every year on merchandise, both for myself and for my family.

Does that make me a better fan? **** no, it doesn't. It just happens to be the fan I am. Period.

The guys who don't buy merchandise because they have families to feed and bills to pay are no less fans than the ones who are fortunate enough and willing to spend thousands every year to show their support. The guys who choose to sit at home and watch the games on television by choice because it's how they get the most enjoyment from the game are entitled to do that without being labeled one way or another.

I choose to go to the games because it brings me great joy to see my team play live - and to share the experience with those around me. I CHOOSE to go, there is no code of honor forcing me to go nor does it make me better or worse than the next fan. It is simply my choice and I have been fortunate enough in my life to be able to afford to make my choice come to fruition.

Some fans choose not to go to the games because of location, lack of funds or simply because it's not the way they enjoy the game the most. They are still fans. No better or worse than the ones who choose to go to every game despite the record.

Bandwagon fans are the fans who really have no interest at all in the team unless they are winning and playoff bound. They don't even know when they play, much less choose to go. Look at the Miami Heat fans. I'm telling you - many of those fans are truly bandwagon - and never even knew what a hoop was before all the hoopla. Others are fans since before King James ever took a step in Miami, but never have and probably never will see a game live. Just the way it is.

So, why don't you just sit back and enjoy this year - you guys are on top - your team is hot and looks like you have an opportunity to make a deep run. You should be thrilled. Leave us to our misery - as we left you to yours last year.

I believe in this team, regardless - and I believe they will be back. I'll be there then, God willing, just as I am now. Because it is my choice and fortune to be able to make that choice, not because of a label someone wants to paste to an individual in judgement of their loyalties.

hope BrandonDell reads this

You make perfect sense and I stand corrected. It's funny because I live in LSU country, Baton Rouge and before 2006 all of my coworkers made fun of me because of my Saints gear on my wall. Well, wouldn't you know it, they have all come around and actually go to games. The good news is, when we went to the SB, the owner of my company got all of upper management tickets. And bc he knew I was a true die hard, he got me and my wife tickets to Miami. I'm not upper mgmt. Was a really cool thing to do and I'll never forget it. Having said that, I totally get your point and with that I apologize. If you think for one second, we as Saints fans are counting the Atl game as a win, you'd be mistaken. There is no doubt in my mind the Falcons will get up for that game and will come down to the wire like last game. Either team can win that game. Good luck the rest of the season and take care of the Panties for us. I think they are legit.

You make perfect sense and I stand corrected. It's funny because I live in LSU country, Baton Rouge and before 2006 all of my coworkers made fun of me because of my Saints gear on my wall. Well, wouldn't you know it, they have all come around and actually go to games. The good news is, when we went to the SB, the owner of my company got all of upper management tickets. And bc he knew I was a true die hard, he got me and my wife tickets to Miami. I'm not upper mgmt. Was a really cool thing to do and I'll never forget it. Having said that, I totally get your point and with that I apologize. If you think for one second, we as Saints fans are counting the Atl game as a win, you'd be mistaken. There is no doubt in my mind the Falcons will get up for that game and will come down to the wire like last game. Either team can win that game. Good luck the rest of the season and take care of the Panties for us. I think they are legit.

May be the best post we've ever had on here from a rival fan :)

Seriously, you were very, very lucky. Your boss is a keeper!

No matter the score or the record if I had the money I would still go just to show my birds support. To be a fan a REAL fan support your team. Show them that there are still people rooting for them. Give them motivation and praise even when there done. WIN LOSE OR DRAW HEALTHY OR HURT SUPER BOWL OR NOT EVEN 2-5 STILL DB4L RISE UP

Spoken like a true fan! I love this team and would give anything to be able to afford season tickets

Nothing is ever set in stone when we're discussing football. I seem to recall a year not too long ago when the Giants made the Wildcard spot and ended up winning a Super Bowl. There's plenty of football left, my friends. We are not living up to our potential as of yet, but I know we have it in us to persevere and make it one **** of a season.

I like your optimism but it's hard to believe that you've actually watched the Falcons play. All of us ride or die for this team but it's extremely embarrassing and wasteful to pay to go to the game to watch this team look like shxt week in and out. We're not the Giants btw, I'm not sure how that's valid to your argument. Trust of the matter is, I don't have a problem with anybody not showing up. If ticket sales dip and seats are empty Arthur Blank has no choice but to make changes. We desperately need change around here.

GAME, BLOUSES.

this thread should have been closed after this post.

You are supposed to be utterly depressed and suicidal at the mere mention of being a fake or bandwagon fan.

In this realm, teams lose because the fans are bad,- they arrive late, leave early, 'give up, 'quit'.

In this realm, nothing is more important than the allegiance of a myrmidon not just of YOUR time, but of YOUR money.

Here fans do not 'deserve' championships because they have not paid sufficient penance by martyrdom like suffering through complete games in their entirety, season after season.

In this realm, the ills of the fanbase are of greater significance than those of the team.

It's an upside down world here. In case you didn't notice. In reality, it's people's own inadequacies, and since these idiot consumers are so frustrated, the easy way out is to try and find fault with other spectators as though that were truly the source of their frustration.

This is the best got **** post in this entire thread.

- No need to quote the entire post, it was spot on -

A true fan is there when it's bad and when it's ugly. That makes the good times that much better. I remember all to well all the 'down' years of this franchise. Some years we were bottom rung. I always said that if we could just field a team that was competitive, as in +500, I would be happy. It was great to see the '98 team get to the Big Game. And now, since Mr. Blank bought the team, it has improved greatly. This year is an anomaly. It's a fluke. It is true that our lack of depth was exposed, but who could have predicted so many injuries to top tier players all at the same time? I get just as frustrated as anyone with the decisions made or lack thereof. The Falcons will be back. In fact, they may just salvage this season to a level of respectability. Either way I'm sticking with them.

Edited by charliechaplin