Who Else Is Skipping The Remaining Home Games?

BirdWeisErrr_2

actually you are spinning it. He never once said in the OP that he would stop supporting the team. He clearly said he would be glued to his TV week in and week out. Like I said earlier, you don't have to invest your money in order to be a real fan. I have been a fan of this team for a long time now and I chose not to attend a game this year. Does that make me a fake fan. I know die hards that don't even attend games, that will fight for this team, does that make them a better fan than me or the next guy. You place the priority of a fan a little bit to high imo

I have my opinions you have yours.

I stand by what I say

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And being less of a fake fan doesn't affect my life.

You are supposed to be utterly depressed and suicidal at the mere mention of being a fake or bandwagon fan.

In this realm, teams lose because the fans are bad,- they arrive late, leave early, 'give up, 'quit'.

In this realm, nothing is more important than the allegiance of a myrmidon not just of YOUR time, but of YOUR money.

Here fans do not 'deserve' championships because they have not paid sufficient penance by martyrdom like suffering through complete games in their entirety, season after season.

In this realm, the ills of the fanbase are of greater significance than those of the team.

It's an upside down world here. In case you didn't notice. In reality, it's people's own inadequacies, and since these idiot consumers are so frustrated, the easy way out is to try and find fault with other spectators as though that were truly the source of their frustration.

I will be at the remainder of the games, but, I have to say, I am not really looking forward to the Seahawks and definitely not the SAINTS. Those are going to be very hard games to watch. The Saints are playing much better football than we are and it doesn't look like we will be able to stop them from putting up 40+ points. I know we play them tougher than others due to knowledge of opponent, but, we do not look good right now.

I'm not labellling any fan for what they want to do, but, I get sick to death of hearing ATL fans are not good fans. I had a jack@ss METS fan this year tell me "oh, the Braves never sell out playoff games". The last year the Mets were in the playoffs, they didn't sell out any of their games. So, it's not just Atlanta, it's all around. People go if they want don't go if they don't want.

I'm gonna use the money saved on things for the house. I've really been wanting a small tractor.

On Sunday I'll be glued to the TV watching my Falcons and pulling hard as always, but I just will not be there in person.

When I buy a product (tickets) I expect satisfaction from that product. I'm not satisfied with what I'm being given in return.

So I'll be home on the couch watching the big screen in HD. I'll be with friends and family pulling for the only team I've ever loved.

When the satisfaction comes back I'll be back.

Go Falcons!bandwagon.jpg

Edited by cyofish

great fans we have. i have ALWAYS had a good time at games win, lose, or draw. but atlanta is a fair weather sports town always has been but thats why when i lived in the area i went from nose bleeds to front row. arrowhead was full every game last season and the chiefs were horrible. surprised the falcons havnt relocated by now the "fans" beg for it.

I live in Los Angeles and due to a work conflict had to pull out of going to the Arizona game. After that pathetic performance I looked at my bank account and couldn't help but smile at the 400 bucks that was still sitting in there. I've already cancelled my trip to San Francisco since the season is over and isn't worth any extra financial investment outside of the 100 bucks I paid for Sunday ticket/Madden.

I'm gonna use the money saved on things for the house. I've really been wanting a small tractor.

On Sunday I'll be glued to the TV watching my Falcons and pulling hard as always, but I just will not be there in person.

When I buy a product (tickets) I expect satisfaction from that product. I'm not satisfied with what I'm being given in return.

So I'll be home on the couch watching the big screen in HD. I'll be with friends and family pulling for the only team I've ever loved.

Go Falcons!

When the Saints fans come on this board and accuse Falcons fans of being the worst fair weather fans in the NFL, everybody goes totally ape****. This just proves their point.

Guest fibonacci

I'm still going to go to the games. Regardless, i will be there cheering. Some things i disagree with, some things make me mad, but I'm not turning my back on these boys.

When the Saints fans come on this board and accuse Falcons fans of being the worst fair weather fans in the NFL, everybody goes totally ape****. This just proves their point.

Who are you to call him a fair-weather fan? He's a season ticket holder for crying out loud! He even said he would still root for the Birds every week and watch the games on TV. When you've got bills to pay, mouths to feed, and you're blowing hundreds of dollars every week to see your team lose back-to-back games you might seriously reconsider your financial commitments. Try walking in someone else's shoes.

I'm a ticket holder myself and I still plan to ride the season out, but I would never think any less of someone who sold their tickets. Are you a season ticket holder? How much money do you spend on the Falcons every year? You should probably think before you open your mouth and anonymously call out someone's fandom over the Internet. For some reason I heavily doubt you'd question a season ticket holder's loyalty in person...

Go Falcons!

And you clowns call the Saints bandwagon fans? You guys are the definition and have been since I can remember.

Who are you to call him a fair-weather fan? He's a season ticket holder for crying out loud! He even said he would still root for the Birds every week and watch the games on TV. When you've got bills to pay, mouths to feed, and you're blowing hundreds of dollars every week to see your team lose back-to-back games you might seriously reconsider your financial commitments. Try walking in someone else's shoes.

I'm a ticket holder myself and I still plan to ride the season out, but I would never think any less of someone who sold their tickets. Are you a season ticket holder? How much money do you spend on the Falcons every year? You should probably think before you open your mouth and anonymously call out someone's fandom over the Internet. For some reason I heavily doubt you'd question a season ticket holder's loyalty in person...

Good post. Considering gas, food, parking, tickets of course, etc I spend approximately 4000 a year just going to the games. It's an hour and a half drive to and from the games also. I'm not even taking into account the wear and tear on vehicles. I'd guess some of these people calling me a bandwagon fan, whatever that means, have never been to a game. But that's OK. No matter what I'll support the Falcons from my couch until the excitement of going to the games returns. I can have a pretty good time with friends and family and keep my money in my pockets.

Why start a topic like this unless you are a bandwagon fan? Through thick and thin, I love my Falcons. We're having a rough season: We've had plenty. Our management is questionable, especially with the running game and a VERY young offensive line. Anyone who is a fan knows what changes should be made but keeps their Falcons' lanyards and jerseys on each and every week. Rise Up. And to whomever posted this topic in the first place, I imagine you're rooting for the Chiefs now. Sell me your tickets if you aren't going back to the Dome. Cheers.

I sent you a PM yesterday about you buying my tickets. I haven't heard back from you. I guess you weren't serious about buying them?

I love the free market! You may not find many buyers though. Simple supply and demand for your entertainment dollar.

So if smart consumers are bandwagon/fake fans etc. Then real/true fans are idiot consumers with more cents than sense.

Long live the smart consumer, nothing will apply more pressure to ownership.

This. Exactly.

anyone so frustrated that they're just giving their tickets away, message me, ill endure the pain for you

For real THIS^^^^

I'm down at school but I plan to get at least one or two games in before the end of the season. Heck if nothing else should be plenty of cheap tix