Who Else Is Skipping The Remaining Home Games?

BirdWeisErrr_2

I love all these obsessive little fan girls who scream nonsensical garbage like "This is why Atlanta is a terrible sports city!"

A. Being a great sports city doesn't mean anything. It doesn't make your bills easier to pay or lower your chance of getting cancer or get people off the unemployment line. Sports is entertainment, nothing more or less. If a movie sucks then nobody goes after opening weekend. If a sports team sucks then why should anyone go after 6 weeks? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED??? IS THAT NOT WHY YOU'RE HERE.

Sitting in the stands like an asshat cheering on a loser product doesn't make you better, it means you need more hobbies.

B. Atlanta is a terrible sports city because the sports teams are terrible. The moment any small amount of success is achieved, it is defended with rabid ferocity, and all reason and perspective goes out the window. Once it all starts to unravel like it inevitably always does when you're winning games and not Championships, all of the fans who think they're "real" or "true" stand in unison to pledge allegiance to continued mediocrity. Don't take my relevancy away, bro.

Screw your meaningless "real" fandom, I'm going hiking.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you decide not to go to games because the team is doing bad that seems fake.

Only supporting the team when they are doing good. That's fake

there are other ways to show support other than paying to watch them play. By what you're saying, someone that never goes to watch then play is pretty much a fake fan.

there are other ways to show support other than paying to watch them play. By what you're saying, someone that never goes to watch then play is pretty much a fake fan.

Its a difference between someone who NEVER had intentions on attending a game then someone who bought tickets and the only reason they decided not to go is because the team is struggling. Huge difference

Its a difference between someone who NEVER had intentions on attending a game then someone who bought tickets and the only reason they decided not to go is because the team is struggling. Huge difference

lmao wow. I would hate to make a decision to do something important with my money or go see a terrible product and tell you in person. You'd probably try to stab me. It's a shame a person can't do what they wanna do with their own money these days without being labeled as a fake.

I love all these obsessive little fan girls who scream nonsensical garbage like "This is why Atlanta is a terrible sports city!"

A. Being a great sports city doesn't mean anything. It doesn't make your bills easier to pay or lower your chance of getting cancer or get people off the unemployment line. Sports is entertainment, nothing more or less. If a movie sucks then nobody goes after opening weekend. If a sports team sucks then why should anyone go after 6 weeks? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED??? IS THAT NOT WHY YOU'RE HERE.

Sitting in the stands like an asshat cheering on a loser product doesn't make you better, it means you need more hobbies.

B. Atlanta is a terrible sports city because the sports teams are terrible. The moment any small amount of success is achieved, it is defended with rabid ferocity, and all reason and perspective goes out the window. Once it all starts to unravel like it inevitably always does when you're winning games and not Championships, all of the fans who think they're "real" or "true" stand in unison to pledge allegiance to continued mediocrity. Don't take my relevancy away, bro.

Screw your meaningless "real" fandom, I'm going hiking.

If you follow the Falcons solely because you wish to be entertained and feel you won't be then why don't you simply go and follow another team?

I mean, as you say that's the reason everyone goes. After all, If a movie sucked would you not go and watch another one instead?

Or maybe it's because some have an emotional bond with the team, one that's developed over years of support and something one bad season won't change...

Edited by Pudge™

lmao wow. I would hate to make a decision to do something important with my money or go see a terrible product and tell you in person. You'd probably try to stab me. It's a shame a person can't do what they wanna do with their own money these days without being labeled as a fake.

Smh.

We can just agree to disagree. We obviously have a very different opinion on fans

If you follow the Falcons solely because you wish to be entertained and feel you won't be then why don't you simply go and follow another team?

I mean, as you say that's the reason everyone goes. After all, If a movie sucked would you not go and watch another one instead?

Or maybe it's because some have an emotional bond with the team, one that's developed over years of support and something one bad season won't change...

I follow all of the teams, I only root for one. If the Falcons suck I'm going to stop giving a **** until they're good again. There are 31 other teams in the NFL, my odds of being entertained are very high, I'm just not going to root for any of them because they're not the team I grew up with and watched with my dad since I was a kid.

There are too many fun things to do on a Sunday, and watching the Falcons lose doesn't qualify. When the product gets entertaining, then I'll get back to rooting. I have an emotional bond with things and people that matter more to me than a silly little game.

I follow all of the teams, I only root for one. If the Falcons suck I'm going to stop giving a **** until they're good again. There are 31 other teams in the NFL, my odds of being entertained are very high, I'm just not going to root for any of them because they're not the team I grew up with and watched with my dad since I was a kid.

There are too many fun things to do on a Sunday, and watching the Falcons lose doesn't qualify. When the product gets entertaining, then I'll get back to rooting. I have an emotional bond with things and people that matter more to me than a silly little game.

Exactly, so why go to the extremes of "giving up" after one bad season?

Why should it matter

Edited by Pudge™

No reason to be concerned with the opinions of idiot consumers on monetary matters.

Smh.

We can just agree to disagree. We obviously have a very different opinion on fans

I don't just go around labeling people fake fans just because they choose not to attend a game. There are worse things than that that can and have happened to actually make me go that route

Giving up what? My time? I can put it to other use. Better use even, if I can motivate myself to do so. I'll come back to full-time fandom when the team comes back to full-time quality.

I've noticed all these threads this season about how people are done with this team and now how they're not going to attend games anymore, I don't know if that's an American sports mentality. I mean it's one season, Do you expect things to be rosy and nice every year?

That's fair weather fandom at it's worst I'm afraid. If entertainment is all you crave then an allegiance to one team isn't for you

Edited by Pudge™

I've noticed all these threads this season about how people are done with this team and now how they're not going to attend games anymore, I don't know if that's an American sports mentality. I mean it's one season, Do you expect things to be rosy and nice every year?

That's fair weather fandom at it's worst I'm afraid. If entertainment is all you crave then an allegiance to one team isn't for you

No, I don't expect things to be rosy every year, and when they're not then I'll be less of a fan in those years and watch half-heartedly. Fair weather or bandwagon or whatever term you want to use I'm fine with, because being a diehard fan holds no more weight in reality.

Believe me, I've been on both sides of the fence. I used to be that big time crazy sports fan, it's way more enjoyable when you're watching for pure entertainment value. You can still have the teams you pick to root for, and it's really awesome when they win, but if they suck you can just change the channel. You might not be rooting for the other teams that you're watching, but it's still fun as **** to watch them.

Edited by Cap Tipper

I don't just go around labeling people fake fans just because they choose not to attend a game. There are worse things than that that can and have happened to actually make me go that route

Not supporting the team because of the sole reason that they are doing bad is being a fake fan

No other way to spin it.

No, I don't expect things to be rosy every year, and when they're not then I'll be less of a fan in those years and watch half-heartedly. Fair weather or bandwagon or whatever term you want to use I'm fine with, because being a diehard fan holds no more weight in reality.

Believe me, I've been on both sides of the fence. I used to be that big time crazy sports fan, it's way more enjoyable when you're watching for pure entertainment value. You can still have the teams you pick to root for, and it's really awesome when they win, but if they suck you can just change the channel. You might not be rooting for the other teams that you're watching, but it's still fun as **** to watch them.

I hope you don't come back when the team is doing well.

You and the rest of these bandwagon fans.

Not supporting the team because of the sole reason that they are doing bad is being a fake fan

No other way to spin it.

Which means nothing in real life. Labeling fans has limited importance in the world that only exists right here on this message board. The people I work for don't put in stock in me being a real or fake fan, and neither do my friends or family.

Believe me I will. This week is sorta my last hoorah for this season, I've just about expressed all the opinions I care to express about the 2013 Atlanta Falcons. Here's hoping for better quality in the future so I can have fun watching them again.

I don't care if they leave. I might even buy up some of those tickets. I hope they come back, the bandwagon, the fake and all the rest who buy tickets and merchandise from the Atlanta Falcons

Which means nothing in real life. Labeling fans has limited importance in the world that only exists right here on this message board. The people I work for don't put in stock in me being a real or fake fan, and neither do my friends or family.

You don't have to put stock into it. Doesn't make you less of a fake fan

No other way to spin it.

actually you are spinning it. He never once said in the OP that he would stop supporting the team. He clearly said he would be glued to his TV week in and week out. Like I said earlier, you don't have to invest your money in order to be a real fan. I have been a fan of this team for a long time now and I chose not to attend a game this year. Does that make me a fake fan. I know die hards that don't even attend games, that will fight for this team, does that make them a better fan than me or the next guy. You place the priority of a fan a little bit to high imo