This Is An Attitude Game

Well, I guess you could say that every game starts with attitude; but, I especially sense that this week against Arizona because, since the Patriots game, after some post-game comments I read from some of their players implying that they knew coming in here that they could be more physical than the Falcons, I suspect the Cardinals feel that same way - that their D-line can manhandle our O-line and, likewise, that their DBs can do the same against our WRs. No doubt Abraham will be jacked up for this game and the rest of the Cardinals D-line will feed off of his energy. So, as I see it, this game boils down to a question of attitude and whether Falcons can be mentally tough enough for four quarters to go into a hostile environment, against what will be a very aggressive defense, and take this win. I think they can if our O-line can get nasty, which they will have to do if they hope to keep Ryan clean. I look for the Cardinals defense to run a ton of stunts and blitzes, so, I hope our offensive coaches are game planning for that and will respond with a lot of spread formations, which should give us some favorable 1-on-1 match-ups against their LBs and minimize their opportunities to blitz Ryan. It all starts with keeping #2 upright.

I'm fairly optimistic/confident about this one, though we could certainly lose it . I am much much more worried about the Pantys, we do not match up well with them at all. Things in our favor , Cards have been shown to be vulnerable to the deep ball, Palmer sux and their O line sux worse than ours. I think turnovers will decide this one, and Palmer commits a lot more of them than Ryan.

Enough harvey dahl bs. He is over rated and we went to the nfc champ without him. How is that attitude doing for the rams? Oh yea it was great when our choir boy team kicked em in the teeth.

Overrated? According to whom? Currently have one more win than we do, your point would be? Hardly call a 1 td victory a kick in the teeth.

Overrated? According to whom? Currently have one more win than we do, your point would be? Hardly call a 1 td victory a kick in the teeth.

he was very overrated on this message board. He was a decent run blocker but was not a very good pass blocker. He had the right attitude but sometimes attitude can only take you so far if you dont have the talent to match.

We got the best owner in football, bar none. We got the two-time GM of the year. We got the winningest HC in the history of the franchise. We got one of the greatest DC in the history of the NFL. We got one of the greatest QB's in the NFC. We have the greatest Tight End to ever play in the NFL. We have Julio Jones the greatest WR in the league. We have two of the best young CB's in the game, but attitude? Nope. Zero. Nada.

We got the best owner in football, bar none. We got the two-time GM of the year. We got the winningest HC in the history of the franchise. We got one of the greatest DC in the history of the NFL. We got one of the greatest QB's in the NFC. We have the greatest Tight End to ever play in the NFL. We have Julio Jones the greatest WR in the league. We have two of the best young CB's in the game, but attitude? Nope. Zero. Nada.

In name only. The man is worthless in evaluating talented Olinemen.

This team is starting to come together.The win last week with all of the injuries was a statement.Ryan was on fire and I expect that to continue.The team gained a lot of confidence last week now with Jackson coming back and Nolan firing up the D....3-4 is here.

Okay, their top 10 defense aside, the Bucs ARE #4 in the division. It's easy to get excited but I still don't think beating the Bucs is a "statement." At least not to the rest of the NFL. Wouldn't you say?

Unfortunately, H. Dahl took his attitude to ST. Louis... Maybe someone could step up to fill the void.

I think Holmes is starting to be that guy. I saw him getting feisty in the Bucs game, and he was also helping Ryan back up to his feet when Matt would get knocked down.

I really wish the coaching staff would just leave Holmes at LT, and put Baker in at RT if they have to play Baker at all. The line really looked like it was starting to gel last week in the passing game. Of course, they still struggled mightily in run blocking, but Baker isn't gonna fix that.

I think Holmes is starting to be that guy. I saw him getting feisty in the Bucs game, and he was also helping Ryan back up to his feet when Matt would get knocked down.

I really wish the coaching staff would just leave Holmes at LT, and put Baker in at RT if they have to play Baker at all. The line really looked like it was starting to gel last week in the passing game. Of course, they still struggled mightily in run blocking, but Baker isn't gonna fix that.

Same here. Baker is a liability at best and I seriously doubt he's going to be back to full strength/game shape by this Sunday. Too bad you can't just wave a magic wand and transform him back into the player he was in his contract year.

Guys I think I am one of the all time homers for the Falcons, and I really hope we get a win out there. But the very thought of our sissy O-line getting an attitude almost leaves me choking with laughter. It's not really their fault. I think they try hard, but their talent level is way below standard to play in the NFL all across that line. Only Ryan's talent as a QB has covered their inadequacies thus far in the passing game, but their horrible run blocking is there for everyone to see.

Me too!!!

he was very overrated on this message board. He was a decent run blocker but was not a very good pass blocker. He had the right attitude but sometimes attitude can only take you so far if you dont have the talent to match.

Believe me Jay, I'll take a little less talent and more "Fire" from my OL all day, besides, Talent has carried Baker only as far as the training room and the Bank, in that order. Edited by vabchbirdlover