The Obamacare Website - How Does It Represent A Failure Of Government?

Leon Troutsky

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It only sucks in states that rejected the law?

Yeah, states had a chance to set up their own exchanges (with federal money). A lot of them refused. But the fact that those that did are doing so very successfully kind of proves that it's not a failure of government and it's not a failure of the law itself. Because it's working very well in several states.

I am not into capacity planning. I just know IBM robs people with mainframe and DB2.

Yes, I do have to say though AIX is a tank of an OS. Though I'm guessing this there isn't alot of AIX being ran here. Also, by admitting your not into capacity planning, you have proved yourself more qualified to do it than most people I work with in that field. I am curious though as to what sort of data structures they are using to store the data, and what sort of databases they are using (rac/VCS?)

It really depends. For tier 1 storage, you can expect to pay $10-15k per TB. Keep in mind that doesn't account for redundancy, enhanced performance, DR, or licensing and maintenance.

Also price depends on quality of storage. You can buy alot more EMC Tier 1 with that amout of money than say DMC. Been awhile sent I've dealt with storage, so I apologize if I screwed the names up.

. Not working in Washington. That I know for a fact.

Not according to the local papers:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/10/24/2853199/feds-could-learn-from-states-health.html

Although there were some glitches immediately after the Oct. 1 launch, the state site (wahealthplanfinder.org) has performed much more smoothly since then. So far, more than 35,000 state residents have enrolled with the Washington Health Benefit Exchange — a public-private partnership independent from state government. Another 70,000-plus have applied but haven’t made a premium payment yet. Coverage begins Jan. 1.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/10/24/2853199/feds-could-learn-from-states-health.html#storylink=cpy

From the Wall Street Journal's "Washington Wire":

Eager to sign up for coverage, Kendell Nash said she logged on to Kynect at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday. She and her 9-year-old son have insurance through her husband’s job as a food-service worker, but his contribution is so steep—more than $18,000 a year—that it swallows almost his entire paycheck.

After Ms. Nash, a 38-year-old director of a nonprofit organization in Louisville, filled out an application online, the website returned numerous options. They included gold-level and platinum-level plans that would run $575 to $775 a month for all three of them. That would mean savings of roughly $5,000 to $6,000 per year, accounting for coinsurance and other payments, she said.

Ms. Nash, whose total household income is about $78,000 a year, said she isn’t sure whether they qualify for a subsidy. While the system said they did, the amount came in at zero—a discrepancy she hopes to work out with a call to Kynect representatives. Given they will save money regardless, the only decisions left for her family to make are what plan to choose and whether her husband will keep his employer coverage or join her and her son buying a policy on the exchange.

“I’ve been counting down the days” to this moment, Ms. Nash said.

Hagan recommended the Obama administration delay the penalty for the individual mandate and extend open enrollment for two months to make up for the time lost from people who have been unable to enroll in health insurance through the HealthCare.gov website.

Read more: http://thehill.com/b...y#ixzz2iqTvFhRm

Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

That's not a delay in "Obamacare". Did you even read the article?

Just in the most important parts. You are so much of a hack you can't accept any fact which reflects any negative light on anything coming from the federal government. You are a complete and total Marxist.

Yes, the tax penalty and the open enrollment period are certainly the "most important parts" of the law. rolleyes.gif

Many Dems are calling for a one year delay in the individual mandate. Coincidentally those are the same ones who will be facing reelection next year. I know that fact is hard for you fascist types who believe in centralized government power, but you'll just have to be brave.

Link to the "many"? The last article you cited to support that claim said something completely different.

No it did not. You just have issues when it comes to people disagreeing with you.

From the article:

Hagan recommended the Obama administration delay the penalty for the individual mandate and extend open enrollment for two months to make up for the time lost from people who have been unable to enroll in health insurance through the HealthCare.gov website.

Read more: http://thehill.com/b...y#ixzz2iqTvFhRm

Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Yeah, that absolutely says they support a one year delay in the individual mandate. Totes.