The Obamacare Website - How Does It Represent A Failure Of Government?

Leon Troutsky

But the point remains - I can't remember a break in the ranks on much of anything since Obama took office. I'm probably wrong as I really don't follow this stuff that closely or care. But it's interesting to say the least if Democrats who are anticipating a battle next year are voicing concerns over Obamacare.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are even willing to admit that many Democrats now are calling to delay the individual mandate at all? I bet you can't even admit that. That's because you let your ideology determine what you believe is true and not true. The reality of a mater is of no consequence to you.

All he is asking for is a link saying a number ... many is very vague. As an officer of the law, I hope you bring more evidence than this for trial.

But the point remains - I can't remember a break in the ranks on much of anything since Obama took office. I'm probably wrong as I really don't follow this stuff that closely or care. But it's interesting to say the least if Democrats who are anticipating a battle next year are voicing concerns over Obamacare.

Of course they're voicing concerns, especially those elected in red states where the law is unpopular. Why do you think that so many Republicans broke ranks and voted for essentially a clean CR and debt ceiling increase? Because they were feeling heat in swing districts. That's basic politics.

He's received several. He's just too much of a hack to accept it. Just being marginally informed on current events would confirm it.

So two or three Dems are breaking ranks? That's what you believe? Really?

The links only note two or three Democrats who expressed support for a one year delay in the individual mandate. Your links, not mine. You might want to read the stuff you post before making the claims.

The Democrats unlike the republicans do not always go in one direction.

Republican law makers for the most part have been in lock step with each other

There have been a couple instances where that has not been the case but by in large since 2009 they have pretty much been in lock step.

Democrats?? not to much.

Now this is not to say it makes them wrong or worse or anything like that simply that the republicans since 09 has had one goal...........and one goal alone.... which is to beat Obama

The Democrats unlike the republicans do not always go in one direction.

Republican law makers for the most part have been in lock step with each other

There have been a couple instances where that has not been the case but by in large since 2009 they have pretty much been in lock step.

Democrats?? not to much.

Now this is not to say it makes them wrong or worse or anything like that simply that the republicans since 09 has had one goal...........and one goal alone.... which is to beat Obama

Funny that in their singular goal to beat Obama, they keep losing time and again.

Also, the division within the GOP has been more about tactics than about substance. All Republicans have voted to repeal Obamacare. The divide was over using the debt ceiling and government shutdown as hostages for demanding repeal (then defund, then delay, then delaying the medical device tax, then...). The people who criticize the Tea Party wing are not doing so on substance. They're criticizing them because of bad strategy.

Funny that in their singular goal to beat Obama, they keep losing time and again.

Also, the division within the GOP has been more about tactics than about substance. All Republicans have voted to repeal Obamacare. The divide was over using the debt ceiling and government shutdown as hostages for demanding repeal (then defund, then delay, then delaying the medical device tax, then...). The people who criticize the Tea Party wing are not doing so on substance. They're criticizing them because of bad strategy.

Well I think the fact they have been so hard core in saying no to just about everything..............even when it is their idea turned a lot of people in the middle off.

It may have "energized" the 30-35% who claim to be republican but everyone else it annoyed the bejezus out of.

They have A LOT of work to do if they do not want to see a 2008 style blood bath again

Moochelles crony capitalism move is another fail for government thought they were supposed to protect us from that type of **** not participate. Bunch of bs spewers.

That's right, she's been engaging in crony capitalism since the Bush administration! Dastardly, dastardly Obama's.

CGI was one of 16 companies that had been qualified by HHS during President George W. Bush's second term to deliver, without public competition, a variety of hardware, software and communication products and services.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/feds-reviewed-only-one-bid-for-obamacare-website-design/article/2537194

The Government a lot of the times will pick the contractor who bids the lowest. Unfortunately a lot of crooked contractors will bid a lot lower then what is required to complete the job leading to subpar working being done or a lot of times the contractor will come back and say we need more money to complete the job, so the job cost a lot more to complete then they bided.

Of course they're voicing concerns, especially those elected in red states where the law is unpopular. Why do you think that so many Republicans broke ranks and voted for essentially a clean CR and debt ceiling increase? Because they were feeling heat in swing districts. That's basic politics.

Yes, I understand that. But it's unpopular and they're running away from it now. It would have been nice if they'd actually perused it 3 years ago before every last one of them voted yes.

http://www.nationalr...-wesley-j-smith

Yeah, your ilk can't change.

Here again, non-credible sources blow this up with flashy headlines. When you look closer, you find that the real story is much different. It's a link to a California report about the number of non-grandfathered individuals covered. It's not clear that all of them (or even most) will definitely lose their policies. But even if the number is accurate, none of the sources I found for this story explained why they would have to get a different policy. The reason they are not grandfathered is because the policies don't cover the minimal requirements under Obamacare.

IOW, they are s*** policies that don't cover the things people think they cover. When they go to the exchanges, these people will get better coverage and since most of them have s*** policies because they are poor, they might even get the better coverage at a lower price.

This is the problem with the debate right now. People run around throwing headlines and "ZOMG lookz how itz failzingz!" posts without bothering to look deeper into the nuances and complexities behind these stories.

It was a no-bid contract.

It is more interesting to me that these guys dont know that it was a no bid contract than the actual fact that it was a no bid contract. It seems like there should be someone screaming something like:

"Obama gave a SIX HUNDRED MILLION DOOLAR NO BID CONTRACT to a Canadian (NOT AMERICAN) company, with ties to MICHELLE OBAMA and they couldnt make a website that works in three years.

http://www.latimes.c...y#axzz2iwOek7zl

Pam Kehaly, president of Anthem Blue Cross in California, said she received a recent letter from a young woman complaining about a 50% rate hike related to the healthcare law.

"She said, 'I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it,'" Kehaly said.

This woman's sentiments have been shared by many in recent weeks. I can at least respect those who understood how this law worked and continued to support it for whatever reason. But honestly, dishonest media aside... how could anyone NOT understand that the middle class was going to be paying for this mess?

Edited by DawgBone

It is more interesting to me that these guys dont know that it was a no bid contract than the actual fact that it was a no bid contract. It seems like there should be someone screaming something like:

"Obama gave a SIX HUNDRED MILLION DOOLAR NO BID CONTRACT to a Canadian (NOT AMERICAN) company, with ties to MICHELLE OBAMA and they couldnt make a website that works in three years.

The Obama connection is an extreme stretch considering that CGI got clearance to present no-bid contracts under the Bush administration. But the rest of it, I completely agree. That's what people should be upset about, and yet these chuckle heads don't even know that is what happened.