The Obamacare Website - How Does It Represent A Failure Of Government?

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beats me, but I know who contracted to have it built and who gave the go ahead to deploy it. I know who's responsible for how it works and accomplishes it's designed purpose.

You are becoming a hack on the level of an MSNBC host like Ed Schultz.

So if the government hires a private company to build the website and the website doesn't work, that is a failure of government how?

I thought the private sector could do things much better than government. How did several private companies fail so spectacularly?

I'll bet all of these liberals would have opposed an identical law had it been proposed by any Republican. I'll bet that when it finally collapses, hey will claim it failed because it was really a Republican plan.

They simply can't own their own mistakes and failures. Thats why they always fail at everything they do.

There aren't liberal successes. Just various levels of failure. Everything they do is slowly going broke, already hopelessly broke, or rife with fraud and soon to be broke.

A liberal stole your girlfriend right? It is okay. We are here for you.

So if the government hires a private company to build the website and the website doesn't work, that is a failure of government how?

If the government chose that company, and the company did not deliver what they were contracted to do, then the government is, at minimum, partly to blame for hiring an insufficient company.

I thought the private sector could do things much better than government. How did several private companies fail so spectacularly?

The private sector wouldn't have needed this website so your argument is, as I believe YOU would call it, a straw man argument.

If the government chose that company, and the company did not deliver what they were contracted to do, then the government is, at minimum, partly to blame for hiring an insufficient company.

The private sector wouldn't have needed this website so your argument is, as I believe YOU would call it, a straw man argument.

So the "failure" is the government hired several companies that collectively did not deliver on the product. This isn't a failure of government, it's a failure of the private sector and the federal government's only culpability is not hiring the correct private sector company.

Private sector companies don't need websites? blink.png These were private companies that built this website. Other than not hiring the right company, I don't see how this is a failure of government itself.

This thread should be bumped every time anyone wants to point out how much of partisan hack Acworth truly is...

What is partisan about my question? Several private companies created and built the website that failed. I'm just curious how that represents a failure of government, as many people are claiming.

Or to put it more succinctly:

"Government can't do anything right and as proof look at these private companies who screwed up this website."

Sorry ack... Can't side with you on this. People don't care if contractors did the work or not. All that matters is the product at hand. If my company releases software that a contractor made it still reflects poorly on my company. Though I would assume the people who made the site was a friend of someone just like most government contractors.

Edited by lostone

Sorry ack... Can't side with you on this. People don't care if contractors did the work or not. All that matters is the product at hand. If my company releases software that a contractor made it still reflects poorly on my company. Though I would assume the people who made the site was a friend of someone just like most government contractors.

Obama has taken cronyism to the 'next level'

The Contractor would then blame the idiots he hired to do the work. The workers would blame the company who provided the materials. The factory that provided the materials will blame their union workers. The unions blame the Republicans!

So it's still Bush's fault!

The Contractor would then blame the idiots he hired to do the work. The workers would blame the company who provided the materials. The factory that provided the materials will blame their union workers. The unions blame the Republicans!

So it's still Bush's fault!

Nope, the company took the hit and no matter what they are still responsible no matter if it failed or succeeded. You wouldn't even know there was a contractor if it was successful.

I think that you're missing the point. People are attacking the federal government as inept over the failure of private companies to create a website on contract with the government. This is more of a failure of the private sector than it is of the federal government.

Your'e right that it reflect poorly on the employer (the federal government). But it's not a failure of government. It's a failure of private companies who were hired to create this thing.

I think that you're missing the point. People are attacking the federal government as inept over the failure of private companies to create a website on contract with the government. This is more of a failure of the private sector than it is of the federal government.

Your'e right that it reflect poorly on the employer (the federal government). But it's not a failure of government. It's a failure of private companies who were hired to create this thing.

We get it...

You blame the fool instead of the idiot that hired him at twice the price.

Nope, the company took the hit and no matter what they are still responsible no matter if it failed or succeeded. You wouldn't even know there was a contractor if it was successful.

There's an old saying - success has a thousand fathers but failure is an orphan.

I just wonder what all the people who say that the private sector could do a better job are thinking right now. Because the private sector are the ones who apparently screwed up this website.