Ok Per The Throwbacks...

TheeTKOBeatz

Please spare me your opinion about how you care about wins more than our unis, I couldn't care less....

Now...why is it that the Packers can adjust their throwback game, by wearing their yellow helmets, but we have to scrap the whole idea, no attempt. I don't think the current helmet would look bad on the throwbacks at all...

Edited by TheeTKOBeatz

Please spare me your opinion about how you care about wins more than our unis, I couldn't care less....

Now...why is it that the Packers can adjust their throwback game, by wearing their yellow helmets, but we have to scrap the whole idea, no attempt. I don't think the current helmet would look bad on the throwbacks at all...

Has Green Bays logo changed at all over the last 50 years?

The throwback Falcons uni is the helmet. I mean what is the alternative? They wear all black or all red unis and a normal helmet? What a difference...

OP's point was that the reason given for not wearing the throwbacks this year was that they wanted the players to wear the same helmet all year for safety reasons (which didn't/doesn't make sense but whatever) and so we decided to abandon the whole idea. Now we see the Packers in throwback unis and helmets and it raises questions.

OP's point was that the reason given for not wearing the throwbacks this year was that they wanted the players to wear the same helmet all year for safety reasons (which didn't/doesn't make sense but whatever) and so we decided to abandon the whole idea. Now we see the Packers in throwback unis and helmets and it raises questions.

I get that there was a BS safety issue regarding the helmets. My point was that the Falcons throwback is entirely dependent on the helmet, so if the NFL won't let that change, then why bother? The packers wore their old unis and the new helmets. The old helmets were brown or some ish, not the one with the G logo.

I get that there was a BS safety issue regarding the helmets. My point was that the Falcons throwback is entirely dependent on the helmet, so if the NFL won't let that change, then why bother? The packers wore their old unis and the new helmets. The old helmets were brown or some ish, not the one with the G logo.

Yeah, i realize that now. My semi intoxicated self didn't notice that they were the normal yellow helmets without the logo.

The throwback Falcons uni is the helmet. I mean what is the alternative? They wear all black or all red unis and a normal helmet? What a difference...

Not This actually

And keep your sentiment to yourself I obviously wasn't asking this question to u...

Why not try is the question...SOME fans would appreciate it

Not This actually

And keep your sentiment to yourself I obviously wasn't asking this question to u...

Why not try is the question...SOME fans would appreciate it

Chill man, this is a message board and we all have opinions. You don't like different opinions, don't leave your basement so much. I get the feeling you just want to complain about something...

For the record, I still wear more throwback gear than normal stuff. I appreciate that look more. But the NFL has some stupid rule about the helmet testing, and the jersey and pants combo for the old uni's is nothing special. It is monochromatic. I wouldn't mind something different, but it isn't like going black on white pants, or red on white pants with the same helmet is some legendary difference. Hopefully next season the NFL pulls its head out of its a$$ and lets this come back.

I just don't buy this helmet crap. It doesn't make any sense. Each player has 1 helmet? They play the whole season with it, collision after collision?

If a child's car seat is in any type of accident it is to be replaced by insurance. If a motorcycle helmet is in a crash, then it is to be replaced obviously and sometimes if dropped. However, to the NFL it makes more since to have 1 helmet because of fitment, and let it take tons of abuse.

You can order a Helmet, same size, modify the pads the same as the other one, put some air in it and you are good to go.

I also saw someone last week run to the sideline and get a another helmet. Can't remember who. It was a QB w/ the radio, but if a QB can have 2 helmets so can everybody else. The helmets may be tore down and "rebuilt" periodically, but no reason why you can't have multiple or why you wouldn't have already.

Edited by jeffro2000

True the rule is blasphemy but I dont think it should kill any attempt at wearing them...do something, and I understand the Nike contract/new item possible hangup but just try something at least...that's all I'm sayin

Sigh...and in ref to Gaucho...I thought the disclaimer in the beginning of the thread would keep the ********* comments out but I guess I didn't cover all bases my bad...

nobody asked if it was a legendary difference...smh