My Short Take On Bobo. Just Need To Talk With Fellow Fans

sirlot

What there is no reason for is to why after half way through the season our ST's cant go a game without giving up points. Why our defense cant keep a team like vandy from putting 30+ points on us with their backup qb. That's what there is no reason for.

That seems to be more of a function of overpaying your 4th choice at defensive coordinator. Is that a Richt problem or an athletic department problem?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems to be more of a function of overpaying your 4th choice at defensive coordinator. Is that a Richt problem or an athletic department problem?

Maybe both? But it was CMR ultimate call to hire him, and with the money we are paying him I don't see why we cant get a top notch DC in Athens.

Maybe both? But it was CMR ultimate call to hire him, and with the money we are paying him I don't see why we cant get a top notch DC in Athens.

They tried. Kirby Smart said no, Bud Foster said no, and John Chavis said no. Which brings me back to my original point: If you fire Richt, don't assume that you're going to be able to get whomever you want just because you're UGA.

They tried. Kirby Smart said no, Bud Foster said no, and John Chavis said no. Which brings me back to my original point: If you fire Richt, don't assume that you're going to be able to get whomever you want just because you're UGA.

Im sure the possibility exists that we wont get whomever we want. But to settle for the lack of development and continuous systematic mistakes that we make (given the recruiting grounds and resources we have) is a travesty in of itself.

Not after he has you one play from winning a NT last December and has lost his five best players by injury all at once. There's no reason to think that Richt can't win a NT. He had a good enough record in 2002 and 2007 to play for a NT, but circumstances weren't in his favor like they were for Saban.

If you want to fire Richt, then you must want to fire Mike Smith too, right?

Smith and Richt are mirror images of each other. Both either refuse to fix the multiple issues that keep biting us time and time again or they don't know how.

Both will have the injury excuse, though both had many issues long before the injury bugs hit.

But I actually blame TD more than Smith. TD's drafts and FA signings have been mostly blah. Yeah he hit a HR with Ryan and Julio, but that's about it. The rest are nothing to brag about.

But you can assume we can't and assume that whoever we get will flop?

Are you kidding me? He's supposed to listen to the fans?

He is smarter than all of the fans. Just because you call plays on a video game doesn't make you a football authority. Just stop.

I grew up a UGA fan. My uncle played for Vince Dooley before getting drafted into the NFL. I really like UGA and want them to do well, but I can't stand most UGA fans and this post is a perfect example of why. Most of you have very little functional knowledge of the game. Your defense is giving up 34 points a game, but it's the offensive coordinator that has to go, right? I mean how dare he not score 40+ points a game with a 3rd string RB and 4th and 5th string WRs to cover up for your million dollar defensive coodinator that is giving up 34 points a game, right?

The fact is that most of you clowns don't deserve a top program as you probably would not know the difference anyway.

Who said anything about scoring 40+ points how about get a 1st down in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. Murray was not calling his own plays they were being called by BOBO! Now lets see, we are down by 4 points and we need a TD to win the game. 1st down lets throw a 3 yard route to a WR, 2nd down lets try a quick LOONNNGGGG pass behind the line to the WR, now its 3rd and long lets run a draw up the middles with the guy who put the ball on the carpet to help lose the game!! Now BOBO has been calling plays like this for the past 3 or 4 years if the bum can't come up with anything better than that in the clutch then he needs to go!!! Every year UGA has all this talent but every year they seem to get out coached!!

Those are awful comparisons. Of course those guys arent leaving great programs to take a lateral "promotion"

Yes we arent grtting Saban, miles, meyer, etc to go from being a big time HC to being our big time HC. Thats just dumb.

But we can and will get one of the best coordinators or small school HC to be our coach when the time comes.

Mike Bobo isn't the problem. Only problem I have with him is we have 2 stud FB's that blow LB 's up. I'd love to run behind them more.

That said, 34 per game even if he's predictable should be plenty.

The defensive scheme couldn't stop a nosebleed with a case of tampons. 9 players on active NFL rosters from last year's and it couldn't stop anyone either. Grantham sucks

Mike Bobo isn't the problem. Only problem I have with him is we have 2 stud FB's that blow LB 's up. I'd love to run behind them more.

The defensive scheme couldn't stop a nosebleed with a case of tampons. 9 players on active NFL rosters from last year's and it couldn't stop anyone either. Grantham sucks

Agreed. Hicks should be on the field as much as possible

I haven't read the whole thread so you may be joking but it not, this is hands down the dumbest thing I have ever read on a messageboard.

Plus Bobo is not going to listen to the fans because he thinks he is smarter than all the fans and he feels none of this poor play by the players is any of his fault! Thats the reason why BOBO should be FIRED before they get on the bus back to their rooms!!!

Well, we all know the SP teams and defense troubles. The offense is the only bright spot on the team (well, was the only bright spot). And it’s excruciating to see this offense right now. No creativity, no adjusting, no keeping defense off field. I'm not even excited about FL game. H e l l yeah I want to win, bad. But I'm expecting more frustration. I'm not being negative; I'm just looking to history and being real. There might be one or two trick plays, but Bobo is clueless on how to attack a defenses weakness or put our guys in position to win when they need it the most.

Or he sees walkon WRs out there and knows we're limited.

Sorry, but that’s an excuse. You're still UGA. They still have depth. You're telling me the second string is that bad? Won't these guys be starting one day? What about Rome and Lynch? Where are they? Conley is the best option now, who is a really good possession WR and now you're running him on deep routes? I could talk for hours about this. I'm sorry, I just refuse to accept that even with injuries, the offense should look this bad! Murray threw for what 119 yards against Vandy?

Well, I agree, the second string is pretty good. However, maybe you missed the part about the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string wrs being out as well. Or that we're down to our 3rd and 4th string rbs. Walkons are not 2nd stringers. Read Lynch's comments to gain some insight. We don't have deep threats on both sides anymore so teams can stack the box and take away the middle of the field where the TEs work.

It's a decimated WR core. No doubt about it. You still had Conley, Brown, Rumph (who is very inexperienced), Rome and Lynch as receiving options for the Vandy game. I still see first and second string there. You can consider Rumph third sting bc he hasn't played but he isn't a walk-on. Is McGowen a walk on?

Lynch's comments kind of prove my point. Let’s put in some creative routes to open up the middle of the field. Is that the only place these guys can work? If that's what Bobo thinks then it really proves my point. Just reminds me of Mike Malarkeys comments years ago when Falcons played Giants in playoffs. He conceded defeat before even playing the game b/c of match ups.

Look, I’m not trying to argue with you. We can just agree to disagree. But aren't you tired of this? Every year there is a reason why UGA hasn't played well, or choked a season away, or just missed playing in the NC game. EVERY YEAR! I'm personally sick of it.

Too bad most of this is fact.

Well, I agree, the second string is pretty good. However, maybe you missed the part about the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string wrs being out as well. Or that we're down to our 3rd and 4th string rbs. Walkons are not 2nd stringers. Read Lynch's comments to gain some insight. We don't have deep threats on both sides anymore so teams can stack the box and take away the middle of the field where the TEs work.

offense has been shredded with injuries. Even more reason the defense should have stepped up. I think they owe the offense.

It's a decimated WR core. No doubt about it. You still had Conley, Brown, Rumph (who is very inexperienced), Rome and Lynch as receiving options for the Vandy game. I still see first and second string there. You can consider Rumph third sting bc he hasn't played but he isn't a walk-on. Is McGowen a walk on?

Lynch's comments kind of prove my point. Let’s put in some creative routes to open up the middle of the field. Is that the only place these guys can work? If that's what Bobo thinks then it really proves my point. Just reminds me of Mike Malarkeys comments years ago when Falcons played Giants in playoffs. He conceded defeat before even playing the game b/c of match ups.

Look, I’m not trying to argue with you. We can just agree to disagree. But aren't you tired of this? Every year there is a reason why UGA hasn't played well, or choked a season away, or just missed playing in the NC game. EVERY YEAR! I'm personally sick of it.

Of the players you listed Conley is the only one to get playing time. Brown plays in the NFL and Rumph has been injured all year.

We had the best offense UGA has had in years last year and this year was starting to be the best we've ever had until the injury bug started taking it's toll.

Sick of what? Being in the NC hunt most years and not having lady luck on our side? Yeah, that bugs me but I also don't see what Bobo has to do with it.

Rumph was available for the Vandy game, no? That's the game I'm talking about here. I'm not talking about last year. I'm not talking about the SC and LSU game. That was a different team. I personally think UGA still has weapons. I still think they have enough talent to put more pressure on Vandy until you get Gurley and Bennett back. We ALL know the defensive and SP problems.

Mitchell, Bennett and JSW are first team WR’s. Conley, Wooten and Davis are your second team guys, whom you had for Vandy. And before the TENN game, all have rotated in (except Mitchell).

I’m not saying Bobo is an incompetent coach. He has obviously brought some good things to UGA. He really struggles to finds creativity and production without star power on offense. He really struggles to find ways to attack a defense when adjustments need to be made. I just wanted to have a discussion about the offensive performance against Vandy, bc that’s all UGA has to lean on. The whole **** coaching staff has problems and I’m tired of drinking the kool-aid. This year is already a bust. Once again next year everyone will feel the buzz and once again there will be a reason why UGA didn’t measure up. But whatever, lets get em next year…right?

Or he sees walkon WRs out there and knows we're limited.

why don't fans get this.. you name me one team in the country who could lose their top 5 skill positions players and not be severely limited. bobo is not the problem. being down two of the best rbs in the country and 3 extremely talented wideouts is huge. you can not call the same type of game plan no matter what fans want to think. defense's change how they defend you because they don't fear you as they did earlier in the year with a healthy offensive skill unit. murray's window is smaller with our current wideouts compared to what he had prior. you guys think we beat lsu and south carolina with the offense missing those 5 guys? oh heck no. our defense and special teams have had issues, but bobo isn't the issue at all. you think gurley fumbles and hurts us like douglas has done? i don't think so. he is in those spots due to injuries. regarding rumph you have a guy who has missed reps all year long who finally was able to practice some and you expect him to come and make an impact. rumph has a real good chance of doing it against florida however.