Dimitroff's Draft Wins This Year

People are saying that this guy doesn't know how to draft - but I highly disagree.

I think the lack of quality on our DL is due to coaching (Ray) and neglecting big FA signings (We have fairly high draft picks on our DL believe it or not).

I think the lack of quality on the OL is due to us being ultra thin in depth AND coaching failures (Our FO and Dimitroff HAVE invested picks into the OL... contrary to all the hate.)

This draft, in my opinion, shows how good a drafter TD is:

Trufant - will be awesome, already solid

Alford - Same thing

Goodman/Maponga - Quality DEs take time to develop, and considering these guys were behind Mass, Matthews, and Osi, they haven't had time to shine like our rookie CBs have

Toilolo - With Gonzo training him, this guy is going to be awesome. Plus he can block. Plus he is 6'8. He will be our go-to TE when Gonzo leaves.

Motta/Ishmael - Same deal with the DEs... these guys need time on the field to evaluate.

Renfree - Injured... it happens.

UDFAs:

Bartu & Worrilow, nuff said.

Replogle could be an AWESOME addition at DT. Big hopes for him.

Darius Johnson could be our Wes Welker in a few years, not joking.

So from my count - We picked up 5 starters (Toilololol, Alford, Trufant, Worrilow, Bartu), Good depth (Goodman, Maponga, Motta, Ishmael), AND 2 guys on the PS who could be big contributors (Replogle & DJ).

That is **** good for one draft. **** good.

We just need to take the spotlight off skill players now and focus on the trenches. This season was due, we flew too close to the sun and got burned because we didn't have bad *** enough lines to block the rays. cool.png

The defense is getting retooled and a decline was to be expected and the injuries haven't helped. They have the secondary they want (ie. CBs who excel at man coverage, which was why Grimes was not kept to those who constantly complain about that) which leads me to believe they're out to make an aggressive front seven. Whether that will be a 3-4 or 4-3, or something else, I don't know.

The Ray Edwards miss cost us big time in the overall development of our DL.

Eh, they cut him at an appropriate time. Sucks that it didnt work out but I dont think it set us back a ton.

What sets us back is what we ask our guys to do. We have smaller quicker DL so rather than run lots of stunts and misdirection, we consistently ask them to get up field despite the fact that the league has been developing "anti-cover 2" OL for 10 years.

Do yourself a favor.....when you next get the chance, watch a Seahawks game and pay attention to the things they do on defense. They've got DTs lined up outside playing end. They've got guys pressuring the A gap on delayed blitzes.

This sort of "what next" approach does 2 things: 1) it gives you flexibility in attacking and 2) it makes OL think, even if just for a beat. And when you get an OL thinking, your chances of getting the edge go up.

Remember, the Seahawks are doing a lot of this with sub-elite talent. Sure, you hit on a Richard Sherman here and there, I guess. But Chancellor and Sherman and Browner and Clemons and all these other cast away pieces? They scheme the **** out of other teams....and thats why they win.

Our defense? Eh. Drop into zone, rush 4, have the LBers cross their fingers and hope the ball doesnt come their way.

Seahawks have sub par talent ? PEOPLE WHATEVER YOU DO DONT LISTEN TO THIS DOOF US LARRY . Jesus Christ

Seahawks have talent all over the team and even front 4

Chris Clemmons

Cliff Avril

Michael Bennent

Better hope they win the super bowl this year, because if they don't they're gonna have a LOT of players demanding big contracts.

Bennett

Browner

Sherman

Avril

Thomas

All FA's in the next 2 years.

Edited by JulioisCoolio

Seahawks have sub par talent ? PEOPLE WHATEVER YOU DO DONT LISTEN TO THIS DOOF US LARRY . Jesus Christ

Seahawks have talent all over the team and even front 4

Chris Clemmons

Cliff Avril

Michael Bennent

Avril and Bennett were FA signings this year, jerkoff. The Seahawks were great on defense last year.

Chris Clemons went through the Redskins, Browns, Redskins again, Raiders, and Eagles. He was traded for an average LBer.

Then, he gets the Seattle and all of a sudden he's a double digit sack guy every year.....He doubles his career sack out put in two seasons, snagging 22 sacks when he had 20 combined in the 5 years previous.

But yeah, he's always been a complete and total stud.

Same thing with Browner.....ELITE TALENT!!! (who was playing in freaking Canada for 4 seasons)

When a team starts getting exemplary production from guys that were cast offs and no names and they do it consistently at every level, there's something going on. That something is top notch scheming.

LOL, Seattle likely has the most stacked defense in the NFL......maybe KC or SF can contend.

the thing is they drafted most of it.

Bennett? No

Avril? No.

Browner? No

Clemons? No.

Tony McDaniel? No.

They've got 3 starters and multiple first line reserves that were drafted by other teams.

Their defense is dominant because its designed to be dominant. Not because of some crazy influx of talent.

word . That dude Larry crazy

Sea is loaded with talent

They are most talented team on offense and defense and they don't even have Harvin back yet

Their offense is middle of the road in terms of talent and their O-line was mediocre to start and has been hit by injuries. They simply have an OC who knows how to get the very most out of it and maintains excellent balance between a creative passing attack and a power running game.

Avril and Bennett were FA signings this year, jerkoff. The Seahawks were great on defense last year.

Chris Clemons went through the Redskins, Browns, Redskins again, Raiders, and Eagles. He was traded for an average LBer.

Then, he gets the Seattle and all of a sudden he's a double digit sack guy every year.....He doubles his career sack out put in two seasons, snagging 22 sacks when he had 20 combined in the 5 years previous.

But yeah, he's always been a complete and total stud.

Same thing with Browner.....ELITE TALENT!!! (who was playing in freaking Canada for 4 seasons)

When a team starts getting exemplary production from guys that were cast offs and no names and they do it consistently at every level, there's something going on. That something is top notch scheming.

So youre saying the seahawks defense isnt that good? They cheat? Interesting.

Bennett? No

Avril? No.

Browner? No

Clemons? No.

Tony McDaniel? No.

They've got 3 starters and multiple first line reserves that were drafted by other teams.

Their defense is dominant because its designed to be dominant. Not because of some crazy influx of talent.

So 8/11 starters no longer qualifies as most of it?

Their offense is middle of the road in terms of talent and their O-line was mediocre to start and has been hit by injuries. They simply have an OC who knows how to get the very most out of it and maintains excellent balance between a creative passing attack and a power running game.

Did you watch the game last night?

They ran this great counter where the strong side TE came and picked up the weakside edge as a lead blocker and sprang Lynch for a first down run. It was fantastic. We don't do things like that. We ask our guys to push forward and the backs should run into them.

We make opposing defenses learn the easiest freaking keys....whereas when you get the line moving and work off of that distraction, you find lots of nice stuff.

The best part? Marshawn Lynch isn't even that great of a back! He's super super tough to bring down but in terms of vision and instincts? He's mediocre. But when you give him some room and let him run through arm tackles? The guy looks elite.

I think Pete Carroll is a jagov but you can't argue with the job they do there. Both sides of the ball are incredibly well coached.

This dude is clueless about football . He thinks Sea def is schematic . He needs to be educated

First they have very good corners which allow them to play man coverage and bump

Which then allows front 4 and blitz packages to be more creative but with that said

Sea front 4 are bullies . Did you see what happen last year when Falcons punched them in mouth with ground game and play action they backed off

Sea is most talented team in league

Yup. I can give them their earned respect.

I guess larry is the kind of fan that thinks being impressed with another teams defense makes you less of a falcons fan.

Did you watch the game last night?

They ran this great counter where the strong side TE came and picked up the weakside edge as a lead blocker and sprang Lynch for a first down run. It was fantastic. We don't do things like that. We ask our guys to push forward and the backs should run into them.

We make opposing defenses learn the easiest freaking keys....whereas when you get the line moving and work off of that distraction, you find lots of nice stuff.

The best part? Marshawn Lynch isn't even that great of a back! He's super super tough to bring down but in terms of vision and instincts? He's mediocre. But when you give him some room and let him run through arm tackles? The guy looks elite.

I think Pete Carroll is a jagov but you can't argue with the job they do there. Both sides of the ball are incredibly well coached.

Creativity, cut throat aggressiveness, coaching up players, quality schemes. I wish we had those things here. What I wouldn't give for Bevell to replace Smitty... sad.png

So 8/11 starters no longer qualifies as most of it?

We're talking about the defense as a whole....and its very very close. They maybe drafted 66% of their defense.

Sure, that's most. You know what it's less than? The Falcons defense.

The Falcons defense has 5 players drafted by other teams. The Seahawks have almost that many STARTERS drafted by other teams.

The point being this idea that "homegrown!!!!" is the way to go isn't true, nor is it causal to their success. They've taken pieces already in place and used pieces no one wanted to build a great defense....because they're forming their system to their players, not the other way around.

Case in point: Red Bryant weighs 325+ pounds. He'd be big for a DT...he's NT sized.

What do they do? Do they throw him in themiddle and say "plug it up!"? No....they run him outside as a RE. Then, they put two DTs next to him, have DEs stand up and play LB and run a DE/LB hybrid off of the left edge.

That's where they have an advantage. Not because they've drafted most of their players.

Yup. I can give them their earned respect.

I guess larry is the kind of fan that thinks being impressed with another teams defense makes you less of a falcons fan.

Excuse me while I post another post about how good the Seahawks are.

I swear, the lack of/refusal to acknowledge the actual reality of football around here is ******* infuriating.

lol@ Marshawn not that great of rb

goodnight

Only rbs that are better then Marshawn

AP

Charles

McCoy

Foster

that's it

but not that good

Yep. That's why he was sent packing by a team for a midround pick.

Thats why he was consistently outperformed behind the same OL by a 30 year old DIII RB.

Being in the bottom 10 among qualified rushers in DVOA for 3 years is what elite RBs do. Especially when OTHER backs on the same team consistently do better.

So what that he was traded . It couldn't be because he didnt want to be a RBC and team spending a first round pick on Spiller . Look how great that has turned out for the Bills lol

While lynch was carrying Seahawks to playoffs wins .. right

DVOA ranking how about YARDS AFTER CONTACT RATINGS

WHERE LYNCH ?

Lynch is high up on the DVOA ratings now....why? Because he's been put in a scheme that fits his skill set. In Buffalo, where they expect the RB to create his own way, he didn't do very well. Because he doesnt have the vision or instincts to excel in certain systems.

But yeah, YAC as a definitive stat. Good call. Appeal to a stat that no one can agree on how to measure.

And for the record: guess who had as many broken tackles as Marshawn Lynch did last year? Jacquizz Rodgers. Despite having less than 1/3 the carries.

But I bet its a great measure of leetness!

****in' muppet.

People are saying that this guy doesn't know how to draft - but I highly disagree.

I think the lack of quality on our DL is due to coaching (Ray) and neglecting big FA signings (We have fairly high draft picks on our DL believe it or not).

I think the lack of quality on the OL is due to us being ultra thin in depth AND coaching failures (Our FO and Dimitroff HAVE invested picks into the OL... contrary to all the hate.)

Trufant - will be awesome, already solid - Really? Based on what evidence?

Alford - Same thing - wishful thinking. - Lets see if he is any good before thinking he is awesome either.

Goodman/Maponga - Quality DEs take time to develop, and considering these guys were behind Mass, Matthews, and Osi, they haven't had time to shine like our rookie CBs have - Calling these guys quality is a joke. Just more wishful thinking.

Toilolo - With Gonzo training him, this guy is going to be awesome. Plus he can block. Plus he is 6'8. He will be our go-to TE when Gonzo leaves. - I guess you love day dreaming

Motta/Ishmael - Same deal with the DEs... these guys need time on the field to evaluate. more of the same wishful thinking

UDFAs:

Bartu & Worrilow, nuff said. - you didnt say anything. - Lack of any content. They are on the roster out of desperation. Will be replaced.

Replogle could be an AWESOME addition at DT. Big hopes for him. - I know you are a homer but this is getting ridiculous

Darius Johnson could be our Wes Welker in a few years, not joking. - you are funny. You can be the next eddie murphy. What a joke.

So from my count - We picked up 5 starters (Toilololol, Alford, Trufant, Worrilow, Bartu), Good depth (Goodman, Maponga, Motta, Ishmael), AND 2 guys on the PS who could be big contributors (Replogle & DJ). - I think you mean big contributors in helping the OTHER team's offense. Also those "starters" wouldn't be able to start for most teams. they are starting because no one else is left.

That is **** good for one draft. **** good. - buhahahahaha wow.

We just need to take the spotlight off skill players now and focus on the trenches. This season was due, we flew too close to the sun and got burned because we didn't have bad *** enough lines to block the rays. cool.png

Bunch of wishful thinking. I know as a fan we are supposed to want the team do well, but does that mean we should stop thinking and just pretend the team is good?

Trufant - will be awesome, already solid

Alford - Same thing

Goodman/Maponga - Quality DEs take time to develop, and considering these guys were behind Mass, Matthews, and Osi, they haven't had time to shine like our rookie CBs have

Toilolo - With Gonzo training him, this guy is going to be awesome. Plus he can block. Plus he is 6'8. He will be our go-to TE when Gonzo leaves.

Motta/Ishmael - Same deal with the DEs... these guys need time on the field to evaluate.

UDFAs:

Bartu & Worrilow, nuff said.

Replogle could be an AWESOME addition at DT. Big hopes for him.

Darius Johnson could be our Wes Welker in a few years, not joking.

So from my count - We picked up 5 starters (Toilololol, Alford, Trufant, Worrilow, Bartu), Good depth (Goodman, Maponga, Motta, Ishmael), AND 2 guys on the PS who could be big contributors (Replogle & DJ).

That is **** good for one draft. **** good.

Calm down ace, we are 1-4 with TDs draft picks