What Is Wrong With You People?

Mike Johnson was a 3rd round pick who has been hurt more than he has been on the field. I'm not writing off Peter Konz and Lamar Holmes yet but they haven't gotten off to a good start. The only reason Sam Baker has been a 5 year starter is because the Falcons have had no choice but to start him. He has only been good in one of those years. Giving him that monster contract TD did during the off-season was beyond freaking stupid especially when you factor in Baker's injury history.

Baker had us over a barrel. We had to pay him, because we had nobody else, we couldn't afford a more expensive free agent and weren't in a position to draft a day 1 starter to replace him. Had we addressed the OL in a timely manner rather than paying way over the odds for a #1 WR we didn't need, then we may have been in a postion to let Baker leave. The Julio trade screwed this team.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will people stop using sacks as a way to evaluate how good or bad an OL is? If sacks were the gold standard on evaluating the OL then we wouldn't be having this discussion because Matt Ryan is one of the least sacked QB's in the NFL since he got here in 2008. But anyone that actually has been watching the Falcons play for the last 6 years knows that simply isn't true. The OL was actually pretty good in 2008 but then has been below average every year since and this year it's been by far the worst.

or you can watch their games against Buffalo, the Jets & the Bengals and see how they were rattling Brady rushing 4. the only game Brady has had time was against us and at the end of the Saints game. their center & RG have been horrible all season, but their tackles are absolute studs which is why most of the pressure and sacks are coming from DTs & MLBs. Brady has a quick release too

Think there's a really good chance that Blank has pushed for things like the Gonzo trade & the Jones trade and that TD would have gone about it differently.

TD has also just missed on several linemen he wanted.

Falcons are currently missing their starting RT, starting LT, both starting WRs, starting Fb & starting RB- that's 6 out of 11 starters, there's a new center and new RG from last years playoff team as well. When you only have 3 starters left in place from last years team, hard to judge how it would have played out.

On D you're missing 2 starting LBs, a starting DE and a starting corner and are starting 5 rookies on D.

Lets see where this team is at the end of the season.

Really think that AB is as "hands on" as say, J.Jones and the late A. Davis when draft day rolls around? Sounds like more excuses for Dimitroff.

Baker had us over a barrel. We had to pay him, because we had nobody else, we couldn't afford a more expensive free agent and weren't in a position to draft a day 1 starter to replace him. Had we addressed the OL in a timely manner rather than paying way over the odds for a #1 WR we didn't need, then we may have been in a postion to let Baker leave. The Julio trade screwed this team.

They didn't have to pay Baker like he was a top 5 LT in the NFL.

When I said we need a coach like Pete Carroll & their GM everyone jumped on me & thought I was crazy.

Look at what hey did with Seahawks....in such a short time how they have turned around Seahawks. And they are simply going to be better with plethora of talent they have piled up at every possible position even back ups. I won't be surprised if they even win SB this year.

We have regressed big time ....I am not saying fire all but if we don't make lightning changes in our approach to roster build up & teams mentality in preparation including conditioning. We will be irrelevant for years to come.

I remember us turning it around in a short amount of time too. Let's see what Carrol does 3-4 years from now when he has to pay those players like we are having to.

When Brady drops back and has time to look back and forth at will, throw a couple pump fakes in at will, then release a bomb right on target...... don,t tell me his OL is not that good.

When Brady drops back and actually stands flat-footed in the pocket like he's casually perusing the field.

What is wrong with you people? You guys beg for skill players all the freaking time while ignoring that the Falcons have one of the top 5 worst offensive lines in the NFL. You can win in the NFL with average running backs and wide receivers if you have a stud QB and a great OL. How do I know this? Because the Patriots are 5-1.

This is the main reason that Thomas Dimitroff has been a terrible GM despite all on here who claim that he's a genius because of the Falcons record. The Falcons record is a product of Matt Ryan, Jason Elam and Matt Bryant. Without those 3 people Dimitroff would probably be getting the axe at the end of the season or would have already have gotten the axe.

He may have came from the Patriots but he is another one of the many people to leave the Patriots and be exposed while the Patriots continue to win. Bill Belichick will go down as one of the best HC's and talent evaluators in NFL history and rightfully so.

I keep waiting for Dimitroff to realize the error of his ways but it never happens and it will not happen because Dimitroff's ego won't allow him to realize that his way of building a team is severally flawed.

That's why I want Thomas Dimitroff fired. It has nothing to do with being ungrateful for what the Falcons have done in the last 5 years. It's because I'm not drinking the juice anymore. My eyes are opened to the truth about the current Atlanta Falcons and where they stand right now and moving forward.

How many teams in the NFL have a stud OL?

How were those lines put together?

How many single GM/personnel decision makers have built a dominant OL?

When I said we need a coach like Pete Carroll & their GM everyone jumped on me & thought I was crazy.

Look at what hey did with Seahawks....in such a short time how they have turned around Seahawks. And they are simply going to be better with plethora of talent they have piled up at every possible position even back ups. I won't be surprised if they even win SB this year.

We have regressed big time ....I am not saying fire all but if we don't make lightning changes in our approach to roster build up & teams mentality in preparation including conditioning. We will be irrelevant for years to come.

Meanwhile, Russell Wilson runs for his life and puts the ball on the rug 3 times a game...

The Seahawks probably have the deepest roster in the league....and their OL plays like **** after injuries and their receiving corps can't do much.

Every team has issues. Injuries exascerbate these issues.

Meanwhile, Russell Wilson runs for his life and puts the ball on the rug 3 times a game...

The Seahawks probably have the deepest roster in the league....and their OL plays like **** after injuries and their receiving corps can't do much.

Every team has issues. Injuries exascerbate these issues.

Unlike the Falcons, Hawks have a competent defense (3rd vs 26th) to mask their oline problems, and it quite a tribute to MR's quick release that he doesn't put it on the turf more.

I have seen a lot on the offensive line again, and I only wish to express once again patience. There has not been enough time yet to see what this line can do. Several changes were made within a short timeframe. Before we send these guys to the slaughterhouse, let us see what they look like at the end of the season when they have had some time to graze.

The line is playing bad right now, no doubt, but we cannot discern yet if they are actually bad linemen playing as well as they can or good linemen playing as poorly as they can.

If we need to vent frustrations, I think the defense is a better target. The offense did put the Falcons in situations to win despite the overall perceived poor play and very real red zone difficulties. In such cases, the defense has to be able to shut the door, and they have not been able to do that as of yet.

What is wrong with you people? You guys beg for skill players all the freaking time while ignoring that the Falcons have one of the top 5 worst offensive lines in the NFL. You can win in the NFL with average running backs and wide receivers if you have a stud QB and a great OL. How do I know this? Because the Patriots are 5-1.

This is the main reason that Thomas Dimitroff has been a terrible GM despite all on here who claim that he's a genius because of the Falcons record. The Falcons record is a product of Matt Ryan, Jason Elam and Matt Bryant. Without those 3 people Dimitroff would probably be getting the axe at the end of the season or would have already have gotten the axe.

He may have came from the Patriots but he is another one of the many people to leave the Patriots and be exposed while the Patriots continue to win. Bill Belichick will go down as one of the best HC's and talent evaluators in NFL history and rightfully so.

I keep waiting for Dimitroff to realize the error of his ways but it never happens and it will not happen because Dimitroff's ego won't allow him to realize that his way of building a team is severally flawed.

That's why I want Thomas Dimitroff fired. It has nothing to do with being ungrateful for what the Falcons have done in the last 5 years. It's because I'm not drinking the juice anymore. My eyes are opened to the truth about the current Atlanta Falcons and where they stand right now and moving forward.

What do you mean 'you people'?

I have seen a lot on the offensive line again, and I only wish to express once again patience. There has not been enough time yet to see what this line can do. Several changes were made within a short timeframe. Before we send these guys to the slaughterhouse, let us see what they look like at the end of the season when they have had some time to graze.

The line is playing bad right now, no doubt, but we cannot discern yet if they are actually bad linemen playing as well as they can or good linemen playing as poorly as they can.

If we need to vent frustrations, I think the defense is a better target. The offense did put the Falcons in situations to win despite the overall perceived poor play and very real red zone difficulties. In such cases, the defense has to be able to shut the door, and they have not been able to do that as of yet.

If the offense had done their job the Falcons would be 4-1 at worst. When all the money on the team has been pumped into the offense scoring 20 points a game isn't going to win many games.

What do you mean 'you people'?

The people on here foaming at the mouth for a Chris Harper, Larry Fitzgerald, Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Maurice Jones-Drew, ect.