Color Coded Chart Using Pff Cumulative Grades - Wk6

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

give me game//quarter//time

I got game tapes ready to roll.

If you watch that much tape and can't see what multiple other people see, I'd rather let you believe yourself rather than take the time to compile something show someone the obvious...sorry just not that gratifying to me..... or anyone else obviously.

But if I decide to run back the games sometime maybe I'll take a note on Blalock's mistakes. No prob, believe me there are plenty.

......Pro Bowl.... /facepalm

They have a small team of guys who use a in-house grading system that examines each player on every play using all-22 film.

Some knock them, but it's used by NFL teams and agents, and it has been praised by a variety of sources, including NFL players.

Oh ok. It seems like the numbers are off a bit.

Like Robert McClain has a higher ranking than Alford on their site and McClain has given up 300+ yards to Alford's 100 something. I was wondering if they factored in snap counts, missed tackles etc to get the grades. It just seems off a bit.

PFF grades are meaningless.

Worthless.

Inaccurate.

These "grades" are based on stats compiled by people overseas who have never really watched football.

Who did not grow up watching football.

Who do not really understand football.

Well, I've watched/played football my whole life, and I am in complete agreement that all those black circles on the oline are completely justified! As is the red square #28... You don't really need to "understand" football to be able to see that...

I'm not doubting the three black circles; its the green circles on the o-line that prove how bogus this crap-site really is. The o-line section of that chart should look like the front row of the Apollo Theater.

I think all that it means is that 3 guys are getting beaten so badly that the other 2 just don't have enough time to show how bad they themselves can get beat. Therefore PFF makes them look good by comparison, whereas they are technically very bad themselves.

PFF grades are meaningless.

Worthless.

Inaccurate.

These "grades" are based on stats compiled by people overseas who have never really watched football.

Who did not grow up watching football.

Who do not really understand football.

PFF is used by NFL teams and NFL agents.

Worth enough for NFL teams to pay for their information.

Very accurate according to NFL players.

The founder is from the UK, not the entire staff.

Plenty of them grew up watching football.

People who've watched football all their life on here don't know **** all about football.

PFF is used by NFL teams and NFL agents.

Worth enough for NFL teams to pay for their information.

Very accurate according to NFL players.

The founder is from the UK, not the entire staff.

Plenty of them grew up watching football.

People who've watched football all their life on here don't know **** all about football.

Did you not know that BigRob was our resident expert ? rolleyes.gif

Oh ok. It seems like the numbers are off a bit.

Like Robert McClain has a higher ranking than Alford on their site and McClain has given up 300+ yards to Alford's 100 something. I was wondering if they factored in snap counts, missed tackles etc to get the grades. It just seems off a bit.

McClain's pass coverage grade is -3.0, while Alford's pass coverage grade is just -1.0. McClain's overall grade is boosted do to production while rushing the passer and being on the positive side of the penalty grade.

This is why I said initially that the color was based off position related grades rather than their generic overall grade, so coverage for CBs, passing for QBs, receiving for WRs, etc.

McClain's pass coverage grade is -3.0, while Alford's pass coverage grade is just -1.0. McClain's overall grade is boosted do to production while rushing the passer and being on the positive side of the penalty grade.

This is why I said initially that the color was based off position related grades rather than their generic overall grade, so coverage for CBs, passing for QBs, receiving for WRs, etc.

Ahhh I see. Thanks!