Color Coded Chart Using Pff Cumulative Grades - Wk6

Here's a color coded chart I made that reflects the positional grades for us per ProFootballFocus...

AtlantaFalconsPFFCumulativeGradeChart_zps4b20de0c.png

I only included players that played the majority of the snaps at the position, so guys like Stephen Nicholas and Levine Toilolo aren't included. The chart isn't a direct reflection of just overall grades, but weighted towards grades based on position(pass grade for QB/WR, coverage for CBs, etc.)

The scale is listed as:

1. Blue(3): Near the top or the top graded player at their position.
  2. Green(0): Good grade at their position
  3. Light Green(6): Above average grade at their position
  4. Yellow(3): Average grade at their position
  5. Orange(3): Below average grade at their position
  6. Red(3): Low grade at their position
  7. Black(3): Near the bottom, or the worst graded player at their position.

Edited by Free Radical
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some comments:

• Konz's biggest problem is run blocking, while being only slightly below average in pass blocking.
  • LT and RT on the other hand is just miserable. Nothing good from either position overall, though Trueblood has made some decent plays as a run blocker.
  • LDE has been a mess for us in terms of who is playing there, and when. A lot of people have taken snaps there since Kroy went down, but Massaquoi seems to be slightly ahead of everyone else in terms of playing time.
  • Obviously, losing Jones hurts. We're probably going to see more "gunner coverage" looks on Tony because of this.
  • Alford has been slightly below average, while Asante has been above average when he plays.
  • Trufant is holding his own, and no other CB in this draft class has played as well as he has.
  • The only way to summarize our defensive line is "mediocre," with a penchant for not making plays with when we need them to.

Edited by Free Radical

Here's a color coded chart I made that reflects the positional grades for us per ProFootballFocus...

AtlantaFalconsPFFCumulativeGradeChart_zpsd6ed33d4.png

I only included players that played the majority of the snaps at the position, so guys like Stephen Nicholas and Levine Toilolo aren't included. The chart isn't a direct reflection of just overall grades, but weighted towards grades based on position(pass grade for QB/WR, coverage for CBs, etc.)

The scale is listed as:

1. Blue(3): Near the top or the top graded player at their position.
  2. Green(0): Good grade at their position
  3. Light Green(6): Above average grade at their position
  4. Yellow(3): Average grade at their position
  5. Orange(3): Below average grade at their position
  6. Red(3): Low grade at their position
  7. Black(3): Near the bottom, or the worst graded player at their position.

That pretty much grades out like I've seen it. I know a lot of people are on Reynolds' case, but to me he's been a mild bright spot. Occasionally he loses leverage and completely gets bull rushed though. He's better in the run game.

This chart looks pretty accurate, the positions we are constantly complaining about are below average to poor, and the brights spots are clear.

I agree Trufant has been very solid, look at every other rookie corner and tell me we didn't snag the best one. (yes, even worth trading up for....ewwww...too soon?)

Front office mismanaged their salary cap & thus this eff up. We went all in with Gonzo & gave up little too much to Mattyice ignoring trenches which is an integral part deep in season.

The worst part about it, is that even after giving all that money to Tony Gonzalez (and to a much lesser extent, Steven Jackson) was that we went into the season with roughly $7.5 in cap space. You're telling me that there weren't any available OGs or RTs in free agency that we could've brought in via free agency?

Hopefully this will be an eye-opening learning experience for TD.

And maybe next year we'll invest heavily at OT, OG, DT, and DE while letting guys like Toilolo/Coffman fill in at TE. I'd even be fine with continuing to let Quizz/Snelling split carries at RB. If we improve the o-line, they'd be great in a committee with Smith/Vaughn.

We were last year too and ended up 13-3 and a HD trip away from a super bowl. How in the world did that ever happen?

McClure, Clabo a contract year playing Baker. Do you know these names? And Yes I am knowing, that Clabo struggles with statue Tannenhill, but he was a good player for the Falcons.

That was a whole different offensive line in my opinion.

I'm telling you people ( ready for the onsluaght)

Salvaging this current Line roster

Schraeder(at least orange),

Blalock(yellow),

Hawley(orange),

Konz(yellow @ RG),

Reynolds( bet he'd be yellow @ his true position RT)

Schraeder would produce as much as baker,

Hawley is NO WORSE @ center than Konz...Konz however was better @ RG

Reynolds can possibly be WORSE than Trueblow at his natural position.