Jackson And White Not At Practice

I keep seeing people harp on our injuries on offense, but it's the defense that is killing us. Our offense has actually played fairly well considering the fact that they lost 6 starters. I keep seeing everyone mention NE as the reason our offense should have won us more games, which is so misguided.

New England has won games scoring 23, 13, 23, 30, and 30. The only game they lost, they scored 6 points.

Atlanta's losses have come when we put up 17, 23, 23, and 28. Our only win came when we put up 31.

Our offense has consistently put up respectable points and has not been shutout in any games so far. The Pats had 2 games where they put up 13 and 6 points, and won one of them.

On the other hand, New England's defense only gave up 21, 10, 3, 23, 13, and 27 in their 6 games.

Atlanta's defense has given up 23, 24, 27, 30, and 30. We have not held a SINGLE team to under 23 points.

I understand that we all expected 30+ per game with our stud loaded offense, but the reality is that our offense has not been loaded with studs due to injury. We are still putting up respectable points. Our defense has not been able to limit any of our opponents thus far. Keep in mind that the JETS put up 30 on us. It's not like it was the Broncos mighty offense. That included the Jets, Dolphins, and Rams...

I agree with you. And the loss of Ewing was a much bigger blow than most realize. He was going to be a huge part of this offense and our protection schemes as well. When he went down Koetter had to reboot the playbook.

Who are we missing on offense that has hurt us so much right?

Is this a serious question? Roddy white is the heart of our offense. You dont think him missing is hurting us? You dont think us missing our starting rb is hurting us? You don't think us having a injured RT and LT is hurting us?

Weatherspoon, samuel and beirmann are our best defenders are all injured/gimpy. That's not even including dent, and others. We have udfa rookies starting in some positions.

No team is more banged up then the falcons this year. That is a fact. Every team has injuries but none of those teams have more starters on ir then the falcons.

Injuries aren't the only reason for our struggles but its a big part that you seem to refuse to acknowledge.

It especially hurts us because of LACK OF DEPTH. The falcons lack of depth hasn't been a issue in previous years because we have been a relatively healthy team, but our lack of depth has been exposed EVERY SINGLE preseason. And with all of the injuries its being exposed again

Edited by BrandonDell_

Excuses, excuse, brandon. Thar is all we hear from you. The poor falcons have more injuries that anybody else. Every team has injuries to important players. You are over estimating the value of the players on this team.

Every team has injuries to important players. I agree. But no other team has as many as the falcons. That's not a excuse that's a FACT. We are missing half of the **** offense and our best defenders on defense.

How am I over estimating the value of STARTERS? They are starters for a REASON.

We are without our starting RT and LT along with our ENTIRE starting backfield, and our top 2 recievers. And that's just on offense. How is that over estimating? Are you saying those players don't make a differene??????

I never said injuries were the only reason we are struggling, but they are apart of the equation (not even the biggest part). The fact that you're acting as if every team has overcome this many injuries is LAUGHABLE.

Most teams may have 1 or 2 maybe 3 starters injured NOT 10 !

The fact that you refuse to even acknowledge the role injuries actually play on a team lets me know how NIAVE you are.

Edited by BrandonDell_

Mike Johnson

Sam Baker

Roddy White

Julio Jones

Asante Samuel

Sean Weatherspoon

Steven Jackson

Bradie Ewing

Akeem Dent

Stephen Nicholas

Kroy Biermann

Who did I miss? Seems like a devastating amount of injuries to me...

I'll give you the bolded, although I wouldn't say any of those are injuries that a team shouldn't be able to overcome. I skipped Julio b/c we got to 1-4 with him out there. Roddy was clearly not 100% and playing hurt but he was out there and making some catches. He actually looked better to me in the Pats game.

Kroy was versatile but has hardly been the worldbeater we're suddenly making him out to be.

We played w/o Johnson & Ewing last year. We had high hopes but them being out shouldn't be anything we couldn't overcome. Same thing with Jackson to be quite honest.

Dent & Nicholas are average and sub par. Doesn't say much for our LB crew but that's just the truth. Taking all that into account and looking at injuries across the NFC and the league as a whole our injuries are no excuse for us being 1-4. We're just not very good right now (especially on defense). It's not b/c we're hurt, it's b/c we're not executing and we're being outcoached.

I'll give you the bolded, although I wouldn't say any of those are injuries that a team shouldn't be able to overcome. I skipped Julio b/c we got to 1-4 with him out there. Roddy was clearly not 100% and playing hurt but he was out there and making some catches. He actually looked better to me in the Pats game.

Kroy was versatile but has hardly been the worldbeater we're suddenly making him out to be.

We played w/o Johnson & Ewing last year. We had high hopes but them being out shouldn't be anything we couldn't overcome. Same thing with Jackson to be quite honest.

Dent & Nicholas are average and sub par. Doesn't say much for our LB crew but that's just the truth. Taking all that into account and looking at injuries across the NFC and the league as a whole our injuries are no excuse for us being 1-4. We're just not very good right now (especially on defense). It's not b/c we're hurt, it's b/c we're not executing and we're being outcoached.

Regardless of the rationale, every one of them were starters or projected starters. Losing anyone on that list started the ball rolling of shuffling players and putting guys that just weren't ready on the field. We still had our chances but that's an astounding amount of starters out.

No they aren't. Not even close. Everyone has injuries but the falcons are hands down the most banged up team in the nfl this season.

No other team is missing their ENTIRE starting backfield, both starting rt and lt AND their #1 and #2 wrs! Please find me a team missing such impact players. And the above isn't even INCLUDING our injury report on defense. Including our best two defenders

Some of these people you're whining about being out aint worth a dam like SackMaker, MyJohnson and Ewing. On top of that our offense didn't look good with a full complement of players. Couldn't score in the red zone, couldn't convert a fourth and short and couldn't average more than 22 ppg.

I keep seeing people harp on our injuries on offense, but it's the defense that is killing us. Our offense has actually played fairly well considering the fact that they lost 6 starters. I keep seeing everyone mention NE as the reason our offense should have won us more games, which is so misguided.

New England has won games scoring 23, 13, 23, 30, and 30. The only game they lost, they scored 6 points.

Atlanta's losses have come when we put up 17, 23, 23, and 28. Our only win came when we put up 31.

Our offense has consistently put up respectable points and has not been shutout in any games so far. The Pats had 2 games where they put up 13 and 6 points, and won one of them.

On the other hand, New England's defense only gave up 21, 10, 3, 23, 13, and 27 in their 6 games.

Atlanta's defense has given up 23, 24, 27, 30, and 30. We have not held a SINGLE team to under 23 points.

I understand that we all expected 30+ per game with our stud loaded offense, but the reality is that our offense has not been loaded with studs due to injury. We are still putting up respectable points. Our defense has not been able to limit any of our opponents thus far. Keep in mind that the JETS put up 30 on us. It's not like it was the Broncos mighty offense. That included the Jets, Dolphins, and Rams...

I won't say that the defense is anything immune to some blame but the offense hasn't been doing what it should. The redzone problems have been deadly.

"Respectable points" or not, neither side has been pulling their full share of weight.