Thomas Davis Named Nfc Potw

Panther Pride

Well, take solace in beating scrubs all you want but you haven't proven anything more than we have. You suck just like us.

We'll find that out this weekend. The Panthers have been destroying the "scrub" teams, or teams in a downward spiral. The Bucs are one of those teams that the Falcons can try their luck against.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll find that out this weekend. The Panthers have been destroying the "scrub" teams, or teams in a downward spiral. The Bucs are one of those teams that the Falcons can try their luck against.

If we don't handle the Bucs easy we're probably destined for a top 10 draft pick

Davis had 7 tackles, 1 QB hurry, 2 sacks, and 6 stops against Vikings with 3rd string QB

Lofton had 8 tackles, 3 assisted tackles, 1 sack, 1 QB hurry, and 8 stops against Tom Brady and Patriots at home coming off a loss.

Gee, i guess the award wasn't based on production or level of competition! Lol

Edited by Falc23

Davis had 7 tackles, 2 sacks, and 6 stops against Vikings with 3rd string QB

Lofton had 8 tackles, 3 assisted tackles, 1 sack, q, hurry, and 8 stops against Tom Brady and Patriots at home coming off a loss.

Or the fact you lost in the last seconds of the game.

Davis had 7 tackles, 2 sacks, and 6 stops against Vikings with 3rd string QB

Lofton had 8 tackles, 3 assisted tackles, 1 sack, q, hurry, and 8 stops against Tom Brady and Patriots at home coming off a loss.

Lol, butthurt.

Davis had 9 tackles, not 7. There was also a pass defended somewhere in there that you left out, yet mentioned all your boy's advanced stats and fail to even list Davis' basic ones. Davis shut down the best RB in the league (who had 31 of his 62 yards in one run with backup linemen in). HeII, the ******* didn't even score a TD until they called a timeout with a minute left in the 4th when we had 2nd and 3rd stringers in. Cassel also was 2nd string and just as good or better than Ponder... so your point is completely void there.

But yeah, by all means continue to exaggerate to try and get your point across.

Edited by Ginn & Juice

i iknow you panther fans are excited and all....but chill....lets say you guys make a run at the playoffs the rest of the season...

its only gonna end in a playoff loss...been there done that......no biig deal....making the playoffs really isnt that exciting when you know your an early exit

According to ESPN and NFL he had 8 tackles and 1 assisted tackle as opposed to Lofton having 8 tackles and 3 asst tackles. Now if you have a membership to pro football focus they revised those numbers after reviewing game film down to 7 tackles and 0 asst tackles. So if you're using total tackles, it's 7 vs 11, not 9 vs 11. It's not me exaggerating to make a point, it's me using more accurate and up to date statistics. In case you didn't know, that tackles are assigned live during the game and many times those numbers are revised after looking at tape.

1395860_220065101488975_884282602_n.jpg

Edited by Falc23

Actually looking at ESPN, Lofton had 12 tackles total, but that was revised to 11. All still doesn't change the fact Lofton had more production against a team ranked 3rd led by HOF QB while Davis played against a 1 win team led by not only a 3rd string QB, but a lame duck 3rd string QB!

Davis had 7 tackles, 1 QB hurry, 2 sacks, and 6 stops against Vikings with 3rd string QB

Lofton had 8 tackles, 3 assisted tackles, 1 sack, 1 QB hurry, and 8 stops against Tom Brady and Patriots at home coming off a loss.

Saints did have a horrible defensive meltdown at the end of that game. You'd think with 5 wins on the season, you wouldn't need moral victories in a loss.

Brady has a 79 qb rating, 56% Completion. Brady is elite and will bounce back, but lets not pretend that he is playing at a high level right now. He has WRs that are easily covered and when they do get open, they seem to drop almost everything thrown their way. Seems that everyone is hitting Brady these days.

Saints did have a horrible defensive meltdown at the end of that game. You'd think with 5 wins on the season, you wouldn't need moral victories in a loss.

I was speaking about the performance of the individual player, but we can go back just one week and look.

Cutler and top ten team Bears had Cutler with 128 passer rating. Lofton had 9 tackles total (8 tackles and 1 asst,) and a forced fumble in a game we WON

Palmer and the pretty average Cardinals had 57.1 rating. Davis had 4 tackles total(3 tackles and 1 asst) in a game y'all LOST.

GEE, great argument, thanks for reinforcing my point!

I was speaking about the performance of the individual player, but we can go back just one week and look.

Cutler and top ten team Bears had Cutler with 128 passer rating. Lofton had 9 tackles total (8 tackles and 1 asst,) and a forced fumble in a game we WON

Palmer and the pretty average Cardinals had 57.1 rating. Davis had 4 tackles total(3 tackles and 1 asst) in a game y'all LOST.

GEE, great argument, thanks for reinforcing my point!

Do you have a point? Davis wasn't a blip for that award for his game vs the Cardinals. So why should we venture back, prior to the week that he won POTW?

He is the POTW this week for his game against the Vikings. The Vikings game that he was key in the Panthers winning. ... Lofton............ was part of the meltdown against the Pats this week. I know you're wanting bad to use the level of competition, but between the two players in question, One had 2 sacks, and the other had 1 sack. That is what is looked at a lot of times in that situation.

Can mock the vikings, but we all know that Brees and company have had plenty of games in which they've feasted on bottom of the bucket teams and they've been haralded as gods in the process.

I pointed out this week that Lofton had better production than Davis against a top tier team

You countered by saying the poor performance of Brady was a factor

I pointed out that last week when Lofton faces another top team with a QB playing at 128 rating, he still had more than Davis this week playing against 3rd string Matt Cassell,

Now you're trying to call it a defensive meltdown that Lofton contributed to? Brady had 3 opportunities to run 2 minute drill, they allowed two FGs the entire half after adjusting to what coaching did first half to get ahead, and Brady's first TD in past 8 qtr came on last play of game which with one correct call on numerous bad ref calls wouldn't have had time to happen. Also, Lofton had his man bracketed on last play, it was Bush not rotating to give Greer help over top that had fault.

You are literally probably the most annoying and whiny grown man I've ever seen on the internet. Seriously, who gives a f*ck? I mean now you're b*tching about refs during a game in a individual POTW award thread where your team wasn't even brought up.

Thomas Davis won the award with equal to/greater production to Lofton in a blowout victory where our defense shutdown and held the opposing team scoreless until the game was pretty much already over. It's not hard to imagine why he won the award.

Don't like it? Then maybe your defense can shutdown the Bills and their 3rd string QB next week and one of the players can shine.

Not ATL fans ribbing people about beating scrubs, as if the vast majority of their 13 wins last year weren't against "scrubs".

Not that... ed2305b7.png

Anyway.. Good for TD. Even with the advances in medicine, coming back from an ACL injury is still a gamble, THREE is unprecedented. If having someone like that on your team doesn't motivate a whole locker room, there are problems. It's certainly time for them to show and prove how good they can be.

Edited by NYG4

I'm trying to stay away from this dumb **** but this is to funny to pass up. So a few dumb things I found in this thread.

1. Who cares if a fan of another team knows our players? Special a rival fan. He will get to see TD real soon so it really not that big of a problem. I know TD was a 1st round pick from UGA and spent most of his life in GA but there are Falcon fans who don't watch college football or know **** about the sport in general. So it's no big deal.

2. At what point did anybody mention playoffs or how the rest of the season is going to go??? So why is there a genius in this thread talking about "Panther fans need to calm down"?? The Thread was about TD getting a player of the week award not a season prediction thread. At what point did reading not become fundalmental when posting on a MB??

3. When did a player on a defense that gave up 30 points deserve a player of the week award??? This had to be the stupidest attempt at making a argument I ever heard. Hey Sean Lee had 17 tackles in that Denver game he should have gotten def. player of the week. LOL!!! 1 team gave up 10 points another gave up 30. Does anybody from that giving up 30 point defense deserve a award really??? Wow!!

Edited by Rewind

Not ATL fans ribbing people about beating scrubs, as if the vast majority of their 13 wins last year weren't against "scrubs".

Not that... ed2305b7.png

Anyway.. Good for TD. Even with the advances in medicine, coming back from an ACL injury is still a gamble, THREE is unprecedented. If having someone like that on your team doesn't motivate a whole locker room, there are problems. It's certainly time for them to show and prove how good they can be.

Speaking of which, how'd Beason look for y'all in the last game? I mean he's still recovering, but I saw a headline titled "Beason impresses in debut" and had like 12 tackles or so... but wanna hear what the fans think.

Said it when it happened, but y'all got a **** steal. Especially for a 5th-7th round pick.