Fans That Are Not In Favor Of Tanking The Season, Sign Here.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanking isn't necessary. This ain't the NBA and there ain't no Lebron is next year's draft.

Win every game you can.

DRAFT SMARTER, no matter where you end up picking:

1) Draft DL, OL, and LB. Build from the inside out.

2) Stop shying away from players just because they had a discipline issue in college - there aren't as many rules to follow when you're not playing CFB. This team, especially the D and OL, currently lack the nasty attitude necessary to win championships.

Seattle tanking seasons worked out for them so it just depends on the front office and whoever is making decisions..

Seattle is doing well because of a third round QB.

Don't have to tank to do that, but I'll agree with your last statement...tanking or not, it all depends on your front office and management...

But every fan eventually reaches a point where they lose hope. That's why stadiums for losing teams are often empty. Just watch the attendance levels at Falcons games if they keep losing.

Hope is presented a week at a time. Any given Sunday, David can best Goliath. No offense, but I'll never lose hope.

Well, if this was optional, I think it would have been much more effective if we had signed this petition before the first game of the season.

But really, were asking the question if we support tanking a season? Teams do not tank seasons, at least not on purpose, because their jobs on the line, and it would jeopardize their health. Fans may get to a point where they wish for loses to get a draft pick, but coaches fighting for their jobs, do not tell players to go out and give 50%, and fans most certainly will not boo and hiss good play.

Edited by AREA51

The Falcons are not going to tank. That's not kosher. They are going to win some more games this year, but I would still much rather the coaches finish this season out with an eye toward getting ready for a really strong rebound in 2014. And if they were to end up losing a lot and getting a high draft pick, what would be the harm in that? Oh, yeah. I forgot. TD will be doing the drafting. But maybe he'll get lucky. At any rate, I say play the games hard and let Smittyball dictate where this flock of Dirty Birds lands.

Edited by PokerSteve

But every fan eventually reaches a point where they lose hope. That's why stadiums for losing teams are often empty. Just watch the attendance levels at Falcons games if they keep losing.

I wouldn't say that this is 100% true. This may be the case for us, but look at Cleveland and Oakland. Cleveland had a fan base without a team. You can't help but to respect that. Atlanta is a much better city than those two. Keep in mind, when free agents make decisions on where they will play. The fans are a big part of it.