Hba 2014 Mock Draft V.2

Can we not make the same statement about our very on Mike Johnson who also started several games at Alabama?

I challenge you to watch both Wentworth and Norwell prior to make any assumptions because they did not go to Bama.

Steen has been starting since he was a freshman.

I'm just saying Steen is a great player too and you're selling him short.

Wentworth is an OT regardless and Norwell and Steen are OG.

Edited by Kennesaw77

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steen has been starting since he was a freshman.

I'm just saying Steen is a great player too and you're selling him short.

Wentworth is an OT regardless and Norwell and Steen are OG.

Add this to the list of thing you and I see differently, at the end of the day I don't see much drop off if any with Steen and Norwell/Wentworth. If I can get them in later round and still end up with the best FB in this years draft winning.

Arthur Jones benefits from playing next to Ngata. He doesn't even play in the Ravens nickel packages, which the Falcons run more than half of the time.

Aldon benefits greatly from a disruptive DE/DT named Justin Smith. When Justin Smith got injured last season Aldon failed to ever get another sack for the rest of the season. Both Justin Smith and Watt are both DE/DT players that makes the other players around them better. Nix is that type of player.

I like Clowney, I just that giving up the Falcons 2nd round pick and would probably take additional

picks to move up to get is just too much for him when there will still be big time players like Barr, Nix, Van Noy, Mack, and a few others still available when they pick.

If Clowney was to fall to the Falcons or is availble during the pick ahead of them then I would be okay with either trading up with only having to give up a mid round to late pick or picking him if he is there at the original draft spot.

If we are drafting 5th and we only need to move up a couple why would a 2nd round work. The Dolphins trade up 9 spots with the raiders to get in the top three.

Arthur Jones is a pass rush interior lineman. Not sure if you watched the game over the weekend but Jones did play nickle package (especially) and was able to get 1 sack and 4 QB hurries with Ngata on the sideline. Watts and Nix are totally two different players and there responsibilities are different. Nix who only has 2.5 career sacks and 13 tackles for loss will never be confused with a pass rushers.

At the end of the day you will be hard to convince me that a front four of Clowney-Jones-Peters-Osi is not a formidable group.

"The defensive front had a solid day in limiting the productivity of quarterback Aaron Rodgers and an explosive Packers offense. The top performers along the defensive front were Arthur Jones (2.6) and rookie Brandon Williamsicon-article-link.gif (1.6). Jones came up with one sack and four QB hurries, and he was also the team’s best defender against the run. Haloti Ngataicon-article-link.gif (-1.3) had a rough day overall after suffering an elbow strain in the fourth quarter and battling through the injury the rest of the game."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Best-And-Worst-Ravens-Grades-vs-Green-Bay-Packers/edfa5990-8646-4d41-a866-c4f68883b035

Edited by Ken n clarks bish from aug

If we are drafting 5th and we only need to move up a couple why would a 2nd round work. The Dolphins trade up 9 spots with the raiders to get in the top three.

Arthur Jones is a pass rush interior lineman. Not sure if you watched the game over the weekend but Jones did play nickle package (especially) and was able to get 1 sack and 4 QB hurries with Ngata on the sideline. Watts and Nix are totally two different players and there responsibilities are different. Nix who only has 2.5 career sacks and 13 tackles for loss will never be confused with a pass rushers.

At the end of the day you will be hard to convince me that a front four of Clowney-Jones-Peters-Osi is not a formidable group.

"The defensive front had a solid day in limiting the productivity of quarterback Aaron Rodgers and an explosive Packers offense. The top performers along the defensive front were Arthur Jones (2.6) and rookie Brandon Williamsicon-article-link.gif (1.6). Jones came up with one sack and four QB hurries, and he was also the team’s best defender against the run. Haloti Ngataicon-article-link.gif (-1.3) had a rough day overall after suffering an elbow strain in the fourth quarter and battling through the injury the rest of the game."

http://www.baltimore...66-c4f68883b035

I wasn't comparing Watt and Nix in terms of production, I was talking about how they can make the players around them better. Of course Nix is not a pass rusher because he is a NT but he does disrupt the pocket. I did not watch most of the Ravens vs Packers game but I watched a Ravens game earlier in the season where Canty and Ngata where in on nickel packages so I thought that Jones was not used in those situations. After looking it up, the Dolphins gave up a 2nd in order to move up from 12th to 3rd for a 2nd round pick but it is different than trying to move up for more than likely the 1st overall pick from the Jags in which the Falcons might have to give up both their 2nd and 3rd round picks or their 2015 1st round pick to do so despite having the 5th overall pick. I think the Giants are the frontrunners for Clowney and might be picking 2nd based on how horriblethey have been so the Falcons may have no choice but to give up high value to move up into that #1spot to convince the Jags to not stay at that spot to draft Bridgewater. I would rather either stay at the 5th overall pick or try to trade with the Browns to try and pick up a second 1st and 2nd round pick than to give up a lot just to draft Clowney.

When it comes down to it, I would be happy with either Clowney, Barr, Nix, Van Noy, Mack, or a olineman in the first round. I just don't want the Falcons to have to spend an additional high pick to move up to get them because they need to find good players for both lines and not spend multiple high picks just to get one player and draft more late round projects like many players that are already on the team.

I wasn't comparing Watt and Nix in terms of production, I was talking about how they can make the players around them better. Of course Nix is not a pass rusher because he is a NT but he does disrupt the pocket. I did not watch most of the Ravens vs Packers game but I watched a Ravens game earlier in the season where Canty and Ngata where in on nickel packages so I thought that Jones was not used in those situations. After looking it up, the Dolphins gave up a 2nd in order to move up from 12th to 3rd for a 2nd round pick but it is different than trying to move up for more than likely the 1st overall pick from the Jags in which the Falcons might have to give up both their 2nd and 3rd round picks or their 2015 1st round pick to do so despite having the 5th overall pick. I think the Giants are the frontrunners for Clowney and might be picking 2nd based on how horriblethey have been so the Falcons may have no choice but to give up high value to move up into that #1spot to convince the Jags to not stay at that spot to draft Bridgewater. I would rather either stay at the 5th overall pick or try to trade with the Browns to try and pick up a second 1st and 2nd round pick than to give up a lot just to draft Clowney.

When it comes down to it, I would be happy with either Clowney, Barr, Nix, Van Noy, Mack, or a olineman in the first round. I just don't want the Falcons to have to spend an additional high pick to move up to get them because they need to find good players for both lines and not spend multiple high picks just to get one player and draft more late round projects like many players that are already on the team.

Okay you keep saying that the Browns would give up all of these picks to move up but for who? This draft is quite possible one of the deepest QB drafts (6) potentially 1st round QB talent will be on the board. What other position of need are they looking for. Their defense is a top 10 defense, the only thing they need is a QB and a RB which they can get both in the first. Not to mention they have over $20 million of cap space to make additions. If I was a Browns fan I wouldn't want the team to trade up. If I was their GM I would draft Carr & Seastrunk in the 1st and sign Nicks (instant offensive upgrade).

My logic for trading the pick is if you look at it, this is a weak draft in many of the positions we need (OT, OG, TE, DT & DE). If you not grabbing someone in the first round in those position, I can see the board looking for TDs because of the pick. Same thing happen in 09 when we pick Jerry, but if you look at the draft their are only a hand full of players that were worth drafting in the first place.

Right why would anyone want a QB who is on pace to throw for almost 5000 yards have a completion pct of 70% and have a 5-1 td-int ratio.

LMAO at using passing yards as some kind of achievement?

All time passing yard leaders in college football:

Case Keenum (Undrafted)

Timmy Chang (Undrafted)

Landry Jones (4th)

Ty Detmer (9th round)

Kellen Moore (undrafted)

Colt Brennan (6th)

look at the conference he plays in. Look who he has played thus far.

In pass defense:

Rutgers: 116th

Cal Poly: 70th in FCS

Boise St: 84th

Hawaii: 118th

Idaho: 121st

There are a ridiculous amount of QB's that are more talented. I would take Bridgewater, Mariota, Hundley, Boyd, Mettenberger, Murray, and Morris before him. Heck throw Manziel in there as well.

Edited by Kennesaw77

LMAO at using passing yards as some kind of achievement?

All time passing yard leaders in college football:

Case Keenum (Undrafted)

Timmy Chang (Undrafted)

Landry Jones (4th)

Ty Detmer (9th round)

Kellen Moore (undrafted)

Colt Brennan (6th)

look at the conference he plays in. Look who he has played thus far.

There are a ridiculous amount of QB's that are more talented. I would take Bridgewater, Mariota, Hundley, Boyd, Mettenberger, Murray, and Morris before him.

It seems like you just look at prospects with big name or go to big schools, which I think that myth has debunked so many times. Need I remind you that the first overall pick played at a small school against worst competition. Both qb's in the super bowl went to small schools. Scouting is much more than just looking at the SEC, ACC and the PAC12.

Who has Louisville beat by the way?

Bridgewater plays in what conference? This what I don't get with your logic, Bridgewater may potential be the first overall pick playing in a weaker conference than Carr and you make claims that the guy isn't a first round talent even thou he has far better stats. I'm not saying that Carr is better that Bridgewater but **** Colt Brennan?

It seems like you just look at prospects with big name or go to big schools, which I think that myth has debunked so many times. Need I remind you that the first overall pick played at a small school against worst competition. Both qb's in the super bowl went to small schools. Scouting is much more than just looking at the SEC, ACC and the PAC12.

Bridgewater plays in what conference? This what I don't get with your logic, Bridgewater may potential be the first overall pick playing in a weaker conference than Carr and you make claims that the guy isn't a first round talent even thou he has far better stats. I'm not saying that Carr is better that Bridgewater but **** Colt Brennan?

No I definitely don't do that. I've had my favorites from smaller schools. All I'm saying is look at the kinds of pass defenses he was playing. I agree about Bridgewater playing bad competition. That's certainly an issue but he played VS Florida and played very well so he has proven he can do it. What game has Carr proven he can play with the big dogs? I still think Bridgewater's conference is better as well.

Louisville:

Ohio: 78th

Eastern Kentucky: 112th in FCS

Kentucky: 60th

FIU: 40th

Temple: 120th

Not great but Bridgewater still has played better than Carr. Also, he is a much much better player than Carr. You care about stats way too much. Honestly, it's college everyone has good stats. I'm saying Colt Brennan threw for a crap ton of yards as well and we see how great he was. Yards doesn't mean anything and it doesn't mean anything to NFL evaluators either.

Just to give you some examples the following are guys I liked from smaller schools in conferences other than SEC, ACC and the PAC12, and Big 10.:

Rusty Smith (FAU)

Joique Bell (Wayne St)

Mardy Gilyard (Cincy)

Mike Williams (Syracuse)

Andre Roberts (Citadel)

Antonio Brown (Central Michigan)

Delone Carter (Syracuse)

Tandon Doss (Indiana)

Armon Binns (Cincy)

Aldrick Robinson (SMU)

Dwayne Harris (East Carolina)

Muhammed Wilkerson (Temple)

Dontay Moch (Nevada)

Doug Martin (Boise St.)

TY Hilton (FIU)

Vinny Curry (Marshall)

Bobby Wagner (Utah St)

that's just a few

Edited by Kennesaw77

Okay you keep saying that the Browns would give up all of these picks to move up but for who? This draft is quite possible one of the deepest QB drafts (6) potentially 1st round QB talent will be on the board. What other position of need are they looking for. Their defense is a top 10 defense, the only thing they need is a QB and a RB which they can get both in the first. Not to mention they have over $20 million of cap space to make additions. If I was a Browns fan I wouldn't want the team to trade up. If I was their GM I would draft Carr & Seastrunk in the 1st and sign Nicks (instant offensive upgrade).

My logic for trading the pick is if you look at it, this is a weak draft in many of the positions we need (OT, OG, TE, DT & DE). If you not grabbing someone in the first round in those position, I can see the board looking for TDs because of the pick. Same thing happen in 09 when we pick Jerry, but if you look at the draft their are only a hand full of players that were worth drafting in the first place.

That was the 1st and only time I mentioned trading with the Browns. I still think that is not good trading multiple high picks just for Clowney. Whether it seems like a weak draft in the positions of need, it will still be some players that can come in and make an impact available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The Falcons can also use those picks to upgrade at position that could stand for an improvement. The Falcons will not trade up to the Jags pick which would more than likely be the number 1 pick overall just to get Clowney because that would be too pricey with needs and improments needed in multiple positions. The Jags will more than likely just use the pick to ensure that they get their QB which looks like it will more than likely be Bridgewater unless something happens that hurts his draft stock. Trading up to the number 1 spot will either take much of their early to mid round picks or impact their 2015 draft.

No I definitely don't do that. I've had my favorites from smaller schools. All I'm saying is look at the kinds of pass defenses he was playing. I agree about Bridgewater playing bad competition. That's certainly an issue but he played VS Florida and played very well so he has proven he can do it. What game has Carr proven he can play with the big dogs? I still think Bridgewater's conference is better as well.

Louisville:

Ohio: 78th

Eastern Kentucky: 112th in FCS

Kentucky: 60th

FIU: 40th

Temple: 120th

Not great but Bridgewater still has played better than Carr. Also, he is a much much better player than Carr. You care about stats way too much. Honestly, it's college everyone has good stats. I'm saying Colt Brennan threw for a crap ton of yards as well and we see how great he was. Yards doesn't mean anything and it doesn't mean anything to NFL evaluators either.

Just to give you some examples the following are guys I liked from smaller schools in conferences other than SEC, ACC and the PAC12, and Big 10.:

Rusty Smith (FAU)

Joique Bell (Wayne St)

Mardy Gilyard (Cincy)

Mike Williams (Syracuse)

Andre Roberts (Citadel)

Antonio Brown (Central Michigan)

Delone Carter (Syracuse)

Tandon Doss (Indiana)

Armon Binns (Cincy)

Aldrick Robinson (SMU)

Dwayne Harris (East Carolina)

Muhammed Wilkerson (Temple)

Dontay Moch (Nevada)

Doug Martin (Boise St.)

TY Hilton (FIU)

Vinny Curry (Marshall)

Bobby Wagner (Utah St)

that's just a few

Let's just agree to disagree, I not sure it is beneficial for either of us to keep going around and around with who I like or who you like. It seem like far too many times you and I end up in these meaningless debates. I not going to change your mind and you are not going to change mine so what is the point?

That was the 1st and only time I mentioned trading with the Browns. I still think that is not good trading multiple high picks just for Clowney. Whether it seems like a weak draft in the positions of need, it will still be some players that can come in and make an impact available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The Falcons can also use those picks to upgrade at position that could stand for an improvement. The Falcons will not trade up to the Jags pick which would more than likely be the number 1 pick overall just to get Clowney because that would be too pricey with needs and improments needed in multiple positions. The Jags will more than likely just use the pick to ensure that they get their QB which looks like it will more than likely be Bridgewater unless something happens that hurts his draft stock. Trading up to the number 1 spot will either take much of their early to mid round picks or impact their 2015 draft.

Again agree to disagree, I think Clowney is the Julio Jones of this draft and if there is an opportunity for us to get me I would love for us to do so. I'm sure you disagree, It is what it is.

Let's just agree to disagree, I not sure it is beneficial for either of us to keep going around and around with who I like or who you like. It seem like far too many times you and I end up in these meaningless debates. I not going to change your mind and you are not going to change mine so what is the point?

It's not really meaningless it's the same as any other debate.

You could change my mind if I was presented with satisfactory evidence.

Bridgewater put a lot of questions to rest when he made Florida look like a bunch of chumps in their bowl game last year.

Bridgewater put a lot of questions to rest when he made Florida look like a bunch of chumps in their bowl game last year.

You are preaching to the choir, love Bridgewater. My point is if you can consider him the number 1 overall pick while play weak competition. Why is it so crazy to think Carr can't at least be consider for the first round. With better year over year and career numbers. I've actually seen the guy play he is pretty good.

You are preaching to the choir, love Bridgewater. My point is if you can consider him the number 1 overall pick while play weak competition. Why is it so crazy to think Carr can't at least be consider for the first round. With better year over year and career numbers. I've actually seen the guy play he is pretty good.

Because despite playing weak competition it's still stronger than Carr's. Carr can't be considered because there are a lot of other QB's better than him. It's as simple as that. You keep talking about numbers. Numbers don't matter. Already proven that.

Because despite playing weak competition it's still stronger than Carr's. Carr can't be considered because there are a lot of other QB's better than him. It's as simple as that. You keep talking about numbers. Numbers don't matter. Already proven that.

Who's mentioning number, Carr has played well against, Oregon, Cal and Mississippi in years pass. He can't help who on his schedule just like Bridgewater can't. Do me this favor watch the game this week against UNLV and you tell me if the guy does not have 1st round talent.

Who's mentioning number, Carr has played well against, Oregon, Cal and Mississippi in years pass. He can't help who on his schedule just like Bridgewater can't. Do me this favor watch the game this week against UNLV and you tell me if the guy does not have 1st round talent.

You are by constantly bringing up his passing yards.

I've seen film on him and I don't like him enough to pick him in the 1st or 2nd.

What do you like about him?

Edited by Kennesaw77

You are by constantly bringing up his passing yards.

I've seen film on him and I don't like him enough to pick him in the 1st or 2nd.

What do you like about him?

His play, which goes back to my statement. What's the point of continuing this discussion if you never seen live game action. The stats is only a measurement of what I've actually seen.

So again agree to disagree. It never been my goal to change minds, just to share my thoughts if you don't agree I'll be alright. Seem like we had the same discussion months ago about Terron and Watson.

I've seen live game action...

I'm confused on what you specifically like enough to make him a 1st rounder?

His skill set, accurate with his throws, doesn't make mental mistakes can extend plays with his leg if a play breaks down and he has a big arm. This all while not having much talent at the skill positions.