What A Loser Board...

Realsurfin

Well I understand your feelings. If it helps any you just have to remember that fans are just a cross section of the public, with an endless array of opinions on every subject that can be steadfast or fickle depending on which way the wind blows.

There is no rule book or code of conduct for fans: they get to act anyway they want.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it makes you feel better then whatever, but simply because you don't like someone else's opinion doesn't mean they are not FALCONS fans, actually a lot of FALCONS fans are passionate about following the team and such things, of course they are going to be critical, they wouldn't be fans if they were not. So say whatever you want if it makes you feel better, doesn't make you right. Calling others non fans because you don't agree with them is wrong, sugar coat it all ya want with the hooray stuff, but no, you are wrong.

Edited by GAFALCONFAN

I come here and its all doom and gloom and fire this one and fire that one and a tantrum because we did not hire that one...

wow.

it seems like the fans are in the middle of a pubesent temper tantrum and meltdown and in denial of the fact we got hit with an unusually high amount of injuries.

lots of armchair exspurts (drips under pressure with fantasy football teams making them pretend GM's) are crying the most.

I for one, looking back see more winning seasons in the last decade than we had in many many years before that.

and I know the Falcons Management will make adjustments.. they always do.. then the fans will be hugging their nuts again...

if we were 4 and 0 without any injuries and we beat the Saints in the opener most would be hugging smitty's knees, praising TD for being a genius and just talking smack to anyone that would listen.

But no, the topics are mostly caustic. The posts are not just discussion, they are filled with hate.

HEY WHY DON'T YOU LOSERS KICK THE TEAM AND MANAGEMENT WHEN THEY ARE DOWN... Oh wait... you are doing that already. GREAT FANS.... it is not even halfway through the season.

Good luck to the Falcon Fans that are still Falcon Fans...

and to the team... no matter how you do this weekend

GoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooFALCONS!

I got your back....

Yes, pointing out a teams flaws makes you a traitor. It must suck to live in a world that doesn't mingle in with reality. If anything, I'd think you're a complete idiot if you said this team was fine, and needed no change. You saying "Go Falcons" isn't gonna change the outcome, or make you any more or less of a fan. You're either 17, and think that because you play pretend with the state of the team that somehow, magically things will turn around, and we'll win the SB, or you have a few too many Y chromosomes. Wake up champ, you're a fan of a team from Atlanta. Do to your age, you might wanna revisit our history. If you had been a fan for any amount of time, you'd be accustomed to the bitching rather than the blind homerism.. Not just the Falcons history, but Georgia, Braves, and Hawks. After decades of expecting big things, and getting small things, you become an expert in knowing what your team needs. You playing pretend does no one any good, including yourself. Meanwhile in Missouri, hillbillys are drinking mad dog 20/20. What a great year for the home teams. Barely a month into the season and were looking ahead to the draft/recruiting.

You're about as silly as those dudes in the beer commercial that think if they hold the label towards the field that they'll win. Only difference is they don't believe it, and are getting paid to act like a schoolboy.

Yes, pointing out a teams flaws makes you a traitor. It must suck to live in a world that doesn't mingle in with reality. If anything, I'd think you're a complete idiot if you said this team was fine, and needed no change. You saying "Go Falcons" isn't gonna change the outcome, or make you any more or less of a fan. You're either 17, and think that because you play pretend with the state of the team that somehow, magically things will turn around, and we'll win the SB, or you have a few too many Y chromosomes. Wake up champ, you're a fan of a team from Atlanta. Do to your age, you might wanna revisit our history. If you had been a fan for any amount of time, you'd be accustomed to the bitching rather than the blind homerism.. Not just the Falcons history, but Georgia, Braves, and Hawks. After decades of expecting big things, and getting small things, you become an expert in knowing what your team needs. You playing pretend does no one any good, including yourself. Meanwhile in Missouri, hillbillys are drinking mad dog 20/20. What a great year for the home teams. Barely a month into the season and were looking ahead to the draft/recruiting.

PokerPro sounds pizzed off! rolleyes.giflaugh.pngwink.png

You're about as silly as those dudes in the beer commercial that think if they hold the label towards the field that they'll win. Only difference is they don't believe it, and are getting paid to act like a schoolboy.

I know how you feel, I don't like being called out or being questioned as a fan because someone THINKS their opinion is right or better and above others and such things like that myself. In other words categorizing others as though they don't matter when they have been here forever simply because of their opinion. OPINION = PASSION for the team sometimes, good or bad.

The Falcons are not the GIANTS... What gets me is if so many are so disenchanted why stick around... you can always switch over to flavor of the week... hug Peytons knees...

I don't mind discussion of the "dire" situation.. but what gets me is the constant barrage of

trade Ryan

trade Roddy

trade Gonzo

fire Smitty

fire TD

fire Nolan

sure their are a couple of players I would trade ie BAKER...

BUT I AM NOT LOOKING TO TURN THE TEAM INSIDE OUT in a year we have this incredible amount of injuries this early in the season...

and to blame Smitty or TD or Nolan for it because the secondary or the rookies are not playing perfect football... I cannot see it.

since I am not expecting much this year... I have the best chance of being pleasantly surprised.

who gives a flyin' F?

I don't understand why it upsets fans like you what other fans think? Who friggin' cares? live in your own reality, not someone elses.

OP is correct, we could all be a little more optimistic around here. Besides all the star players out with injuries. Forget that the O line, and the defense are a bunch of 3 rate players. Things are on the up swing. Just look a the positive, instead of going 1-15 for the season, we might go like 3-13? Who knows, but here's to things looking up!!!!!

With all due respect, let's put a few misnomers to rest, shall we?

--Being willing to criticize a team does not equal being a bandwagon fan. After all, if we've stuck around to keep pulling for the team, even along with the criticism, we haven't leaped off the bandwagon, have we? Really, that vastly overused term needs to be laid to rest.

--Even if this team were 5-0 and healthy, as the OP proposes, we'd still be saying that TD can't identify players for the trenches to save his life, that Dirk Koetter's performance in Jacksonville was his M.O., not the exception that the front office tried to make us believe when they signed him, and that Mike Smith, for all that he's accomplished in Atlanta, has failed to address the same glaring issues the team has had pretty much since he arrived--for example, defensive softness on third down, or the team not showing up for the third quarter. One failed play or series per game turned the other way doesn't change any of those things by any stretch of the imagination.

--The fact that some of us are willing to say those things out loud about Mike Smith or TD doesn't mean we hate the guys or that we don't appreciate what they've accomplished. This is the greatest run of success that this team's ever had, and they're at the forefront of the responsibility for it. How could we not love and appreciate that? But, that doesn't mean they're above or beyond criticism.

One can love the Falcons and still be honest, balanced, and sometimes even critical of where they're at and what they're not doing well. You parents out there are willing to do the exact same thing for and with your kids, after all, because you love them and want the best for them. No one's calling you a "bandwagon dad" for it, either. smile.png

Edited by bfarmer1980

With all due respect, let's put a few misnomers to rest, shall we?

--Being willing to criticize a team does not equal being a bandwagon fan. After all, if we've stuck around to keep pulling for the team, even along with the criticism, we haven't leaped off the bandwagon, have we? Really, that vastly overused term needs to be laid to rest.

--Even if this team were 5-0 and healthy, as the OP proposes, we'd still be saying that TD can't identify players for the trenches to save his life, that Dirk Koetter's performance in Jacksonville was his M.O., not the exception that the front office tried to make us believe when they signed him, and that Mike Smith, for all that he's accomplished in Atlanta, has failed to address the same glaring issues the team has had pretty much since he arrived--for example, defensive softness on third down, or the team not showing up for the third quarter. One failed play or series per game turned the other way doesn't change any of those things by any stretch of the imagination.

--The fact that some of us are willing to say those things out loud about Mike Smith or TD doesn't mean we hate the guys or that we don't appreciate what they've accomplished. This is the greatest run of success that this team's ever had, and they're at the forefront of the responsibility for it. How could we not love and appreciate that? But, that doesn't mean they're above or beyond criticism.

One can love the Falcons and still be honest, balanced, and sometimes even critical of where they're at and what they're not doing well. You parents out there are willing to do the exact same thing for and with your kids, after all, because you love them and want the best for them. No one's calling you a "bandwagon dad" for it, either. smile.png

Great post. I totally agree with the sentiment , not necessarily with the example.

That said some people have gone off the deep end and are well beyond just being "objective". To use the same analogy , what if a parent is strict and wants the best for their kid but they do things like physically harming or mentally berating a child to get the end they wanted. Their intentions might be good but the way they handled going about it was way off base. We want the best for the team , just like a parent would a child , but at what end? Some people take this crap way to seriously IMO.

I know I'm not losing sleep over the Falcons. I absolutely want a Superbowl. That doesn't mean I am actually emotionally indebted to them like I would be my child. I get all my irrational anger and disappointment out by the next day and my life is never affected. Sometimes I think people here base their lives and happiness on how the Falcons preform.

If it makes you feel better then whatever, but simply because you don't like someone else's opinion doesn't mean they are not FALCONS fans, actually a lot of FALCONS fans are passionate about following the team and such things, of course they are going to be critical, they wouldn't be fans if they were not. So say whatever you want if it makes you feel better, doesn't make you right. Calling others non fans because you don't agree with them is wrong, sugar coat it all ya want with the hooray stuff, but no, you are wrong.

^^^^^^ Truth.

The OP is right.

The criticisms and knee jerk reactions on this board are ridiculous. We are a good team that has had the misfortune to be be crippled with injuries.

Any fool can play captain hindsight and go back and bash every draft pick and free agent move, but there are very few people on this board who acknowledge or understand that every single decision that we make, is part of a bigger picture - and made on the context of matters such as our future contractual commitments, our roster needs, our cap space and available draft resources. Unless you judge decisions against the context in which they were made, any criticism is flawed.

Every single critique of TD that I have seen on here, has been off-base and has totally failed to identify why we have gone wrong. Talent evaluation isn't the problem.