Br: Coaches On The Hot Seat (Guess Who Made The List)

BrandonDell_

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Football nation also listed mike smith as a top 5 coach likely to be fired this offseason.

www.footballnation.com/content/top-5-nfl-coaches-most-likely-to-be-fired/25402/

I am not one of those people who want mike smith fired. I wouldn't be opposed if we can find someone better but I think our problems have steemed more from the way the team has been built (which is tds fault). But it seems a lot of media heads are starting to catch on to what some of the people on here have been saying about smith

Edited by BrandonDell_

Smith isn't going anywhere after only a single bad season here. He's earned at least one injury and personnel-turnover plagued low year.

yeah after the multiple winning seasons even with the playoff loses, he won't be gone based on 1 injury filled season, but next year is another story, with a timid approach of coaching and second half collapses he will be on a short leash of results or fired.

bleacherreport.com/articles/1806686-which-nfl-coaches-are-already-on-the-hot-seat-in-week-6

Rivera, schiano, frazier, coughlin also on the hot seat with smitty

FWIW - During TNF Mayock said that the NYG owner has said that they will most likely retain Coughlin. Even with the disappointing year. (Since he had 2 SB wins). I guess if they continue to lose that could change but I think the pundits are just guessing. they dont have any inside info

Football nation also listed mike smith as a top 5 coach likely to be fired this offseason.

I am not one of those people who want mike smith fired. I wouldn't be opposed if we can find someone better but I think our problems have steemed more from the way the team has been built (which is tds fault). But it seems a lot of media heads are starting to catch on to what some of the people on here have been saying about smith

Even if the media is saying Smith will/should be fired, they likely have the wrong reasons for it. The people in the media generally do not pay attention to anything Falcon-related except highlights, and are generally not very bright.

Him on the hot seat is Garbage... Smitty is safe. Good coach. Nice guy. More intelligent than he comes across in interviews. And im in the gm's corner as well... Nolan check... Cutter checker! Lol...anyway... People get hurt... Parody in the nfl etc... Its why we watch... Cheers

Nice guy? That's your big Smitty-defense? Bill Parcells, Belichick, Coughlin, Ditka, Walsh: none of them were "nice guys". Know what they were instead? Super Bowl winners.

mike smith isn't going to be fired after this season. mark it down

are there still people who read bleacher report and think it's something to be taken seriously? it's basically the same as coming here and reading the forums, it's plain and simple just someone's opinion. which of course is all any of the sportscasts are as well

I think it's pretty obvious he will be gone. Media stating the obvious as usual.

Smith doesn't deserve anything, he's a horrible in game coach and will be fired at seasons end. He has earned it bubas.

I have money - lots of money - that says he won't. And you come across as the kind of guy I'd like to take advantage of. Maybe we can work something out?

QUIT SAYING AFTER 1 BAD SEASON. LAWD.

He was on the hotseat before last season because, you guessed it, we suck in the playoffs.

Add to that this season and an overall suckitude of the FO and coaching staff to fix ANY of our problems and blammooo. You have the hot seat.

Dude, it is now public knowledge, verified by both parties, that Smith and TD make personnel decisions together. Smith is coaching his personal choices, not some ragtag band of anonymous losers foisted upon him by TD. But aside from that, anybody who has watched this team perform under Mike Smith the past five years has seen a team that employs a timid, passive, out-dated offense. This non-offensive offense is more focused on burning time off the clock than scoring points. In a league which is being carefully groomed to feature big plays and high-scoring games, Smith is still trying to win games 3-0.

This team also plays a defense which is structurally dysfunctional and manned by average to below-average players. If that wasn't disadvantageous enough, these players have been coached to play soft, give ground and hope the offense will stop itself. You want somebody who can squeak by the majority of bottom-feeder teams, Smitty is your guy, but if you're looking for somebody to kick the crap out of your most hated rival every year, or if you're looking for a coach who can win the big nationally televised games against the top-tier teams, or if you're looking for a coach who will have his team trying to win instead of being scared shltless they're going to lose, then Mike Smith is not that guy. He will never become that guy. That guy is his polar opposite in all aspects.

Edited by PokerSteve