Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Padawan Knight

My Fear For Next Week - A Crucial Catch

18 posts in this topic

The Falcons have apparently decided to forgo wearing their throwback jerseys this year. The first game that we were scheduled to wear them is next Sunday against Tampa Bay. I believe it was Jay Adams that tweeted (or maybe even posted here on the AFMB) that they had something else in the works. Since that first game is in the month of October, my biggest fear is that our beloved team will take the field in something like this...

2011011300252274461.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I actually like the idea of the NFL supporting breast cancer awareness. I like the fact that they incorporate the color pink during the month. I probably wouldn't even be bothered by the idea of a uniform that replaces our normal red with pink ... ANY other year. This, to me, would just be like adding insult to injury this season. It would just be begging people to start saying things like "they were playing like a bunch of girls anyway, might as well dress like 'em."

Okay. My rant is done. I sure hope this is just a bad nightmare of a thought and doesn't actually come true.

So Sad likes this

Crazy Rant. I Could Never See A Pink Jersey. If They Did That, Then I'll Wear A Pink Paper Bag

So Sad likes this

Crazy Rant. I Could Never See A Pink Jersey. If They Did That, Then I'll Wear A Pink Paper Bag

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what they're going to do for a special uniform without changing helmets. It was either this or the all black unis. I don't think I'd care for either of those options. Anyone else got any ideas?

Weird thing to dream up. lol

I think it's safe to say we won't be wearing pink. I was hoping the surprise is the old throw back Red jerseys. I would seriously go out and buy 3 the next day. They'd have to fix the red helmets to be legal but who cares. I want nothing more than red throwback jersey wise.

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what they're going to do for a special uniform without changing helmets. It was either this or the all black unis. I don't think I'd care for either of those options. Anyone else got any ideas?

My Wife Heard Black toP. White Bottom. And Then Changing The Sticker In The Helmet To The Old ...... Bu It Seems That Would Not Be Allowed.

I'm scared the Bucs could give us staph....

Saints Are Putting Out A Bounty To Whoever Can Give It To Baker..... lol

My Wife Heard Black toP. White Bottom. And Then Changing The Sticker In The Helmet To The Old ...... Bu It Seems That Would Not Be Allowed.

Why would that not be allowed?

No, I'm pretty sure they want Baker in the game....

You Missed My Imaginary purple

Why would that not be allowed?

Seems Like The Same Of Changing The Helmet

I think the rule about the helmets has to do with some BS theory of NFLPA's that wearing a different helmet than you normally wear is dangerous because it hasn't been "broken in" the way their usuals are or something...so changing the logo/sticker or whatever on the ones they do wear would be a loophole.

I think the rule about the helmets has to do with some BS theory of NFLPA's that wearing a different helmet than you normally wear is dangerous because it hasn't been "broken in" the way their usuals are or something...so changing the logo/sticker or whatever on the ones they do wear would be a loophole.

Da Bird is right. The memo basically said that the helmets could be repainted or have decals replaced, but the physical shell should not be changed. It should be easy enough for them to pull off the new logo and replace it with the old one and go with the Glanville-era unis. I hadn't even thought about that... Hmmm...