A Rundown Of Our Roster Going Forward

Free Radical

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been a solid all-around player.

Beat compared to who? DeCoud? No. McClain? No. Our LBs? No. Asante is only on the books for another year, and we run with three DBs on the field so often that Alford will more or less be a starter if McClain keeps his play up.

You couldn't get a 7th for Asante at this point.

Yes. he is right there with Decoud as far as how many yards they have given up. IMO he gets a pass because he hits hard. They are both looking bad this year because the pass rush isn't good.

I dont see Alford taking over McClain's spot. That's not his forte. He is a man to man, jam the receiver at the line type of corner. Nickel is one of the hardest positions to play so im not too hard on McClain

Overall Fair post. I would add while hitting DeCoud with step latter I would make Willie Mo watch just to send him a message...shape up and return to your former play or your next. I would also bring in Hawley, Johnson and Reynolds in a room and tell them all together only one will be on the team next year to lit a fire under them. I would have Konz and Holmes watch to get the message. This may be over exaggerated but I do believe a message needs to be sent by benching or releasing some guys who think they are safe. Address bot lines this offseason and if I had one skill position it would be a true slot WR....one that doesn't trip over his own feet...we have one of those already.

What games has the OP been watching to have the majority of players he thinks is "solid"? Also the fact that the OP doesn't give a crap about depth, just like TD, would have this team in the same shape it is already in.

I think the majority of our players are solid and I don't care about depth? Reading isn't your strong point huh?

I'm not down on Reynolds, despite his poor play against the Jets, and Blalock has been easily our best linemen this year. I say we grab a RT high, or put Holmes back over there and go LT. We can't blow up our entire offensive line and defensive line in one off-season, it can't be done.

Reynolds is not suited to play guard because he has a hard time getting leverage to hold up against a bull rush especially playing RG since usually the 0 or 1 tech is over the RG. Blalock is being overcompensated to just be solid and we can find solid in the draft at RG or with a younger FA. We need road graders at Guards and blalock is not that despite his size. I do think that Holmes has what is takes to be an competent LT especially if we can upgrade at least 3 spots on the online via either the draft of FA.

Reynolds is not suited to play guard because he has a hard time getting leverage to hold up against a bull rush especially playing RG since usually the 0 or 1 tech is over the RG.

He's performed pretty well so far this year, despite his poor game against the Jets. If he's getting the job done, he needs to be left alone until the immediate holes are addressed.

keep under any circumstances:

Ryan

Jones

White

Umenyiora

Moore

Weatherspoon

Trufant

Alford

the rest I could care less if we uprgrade or replace them. Guys like Jackson, Babineaux, Blaylock, etc are nice players, but I could move on depending on salary and/or injury implications.

Is anybody else thinking if the Defense can step it up and offense keeps making plays that we still have hope for the season? I do. And if Sjax and Roddy can stay healthy, along with Gonzo, Toilolo and R White I think we still have a chance for a wild card. And you never know which of these recievers kevin cone, Drew Davis, or Robiskie will surprise us. Can't hurt that they have Matt Ryan throwing to em. GO FALCONS! NEVER GIVE UP. Still a lot of games left and a lot of playmakers on this team!

As far as the oline goes, id try to find an upgrade for both guards, and a new RT, holmes is shaping up on the left side and baker can ride the pine for all i care. If konz and holmes can get conditioned then i believe they will turn out to be fine starters, id draft the best guard available and try to find two good players via free agency to shore up the line, then we really need to put some serious effort into this defense.

Yes. he is right there with Decoud as far as how many yards they have given up.

Misleading statistic, and it doesn't really provide context. QBs literally have a perfect QB rating when throwing in DeCoud's direction, not as much for Moore. A big chunk of his yards given up came on a 49 yard pass to Kenbrell Thompkins against the Patriots, while DeCoud has given up several catches for decent chunks of yards over and over again.

Edited by Free Radical

That roster is just a tragedy. Good job Radical, but its still an ugly roster.

I don't think it's that bad... a realistic roster for us going into next year IMO...

Offense

QB: Matt Ryan

RB: Steven Jackson

FB: Ewing or cheap blocker

LT: Sam Baker

LG: Justin Blalock

C: Peter Konz

RG: Garrett Reynolds

RT: High Draft Pick/FA

TE: Toilolo

TE2: Blocking TE

WR1: Julio Jones

WR2: Roddy White

WR3: Harry Douglas or later depth

Defense:

RDE: Osi Umenyiora

DT: Jonathan Babineaux

DT: High Draft Pick/FA

DT: Corey Peters

LDE: High Draft Pick/FA

OLB: Joplo Bartu

ILB: Akeem Dent

ILB: Paul Worrilow

OLB: Sean Weatherspoon

RCB: Asante Samuel

LCB: Desmond Trufant

NCB: McClain/Alford

SS: William Moore

FS: Thomas DeCoud with his head out of his *** or FA

Is it an All-World roster? No.

Do I think it is enough to get to the play-offs if we remain healthy? Absolutely.

Edited by Free Radical

I don't think it's that bad... a realistic roster for us going into next year IMO...

Offense

QB: Matt Ryan

RB: Steven Jackson

FB: Ewing or cheap blocker

LT: Sam Baker

LG: Justin Blalock

C: Peter Konz

RG: Garrett Reynolds

RT: High Draft Pick/FA

TE: Toilolo

TE2: Blocking TE

WR1: Julio Jones

WR2: Roddy White

WR3: Harry Douglas or later depth

Defense:

RDE: Osi Umenyiora

DT: Jonathan Babineaux

DT: High Draft Pick/FA

DT: Corey Peters

LDE: High Draft Pick/FA

OLB: Joplo Bartu

ILB: Akeem Dent

ILB: Paul Worrilow

OLB: Sean Weatherspoon

RCB: Asante Samuel

LCB: Desmond Trufant

NCB: McClain/Alford

SS: William Moore

FS: Thomas DeCoud with his head out of his *** or FA

Is it an All-World roster? No.

Do I think it is enough to get to the play-offs if we remain healthy? Absolutely.

I'm no fan of it personally, and I don't think we need an all world roster. Just looks real weak oand especially on defense and the OL.

You're not overhauling both of those units in one off-season.

No. Way too late for that, and pointless with the scope of our injuries.

How much emphasis do we put on upgrading HD. IMO, not much. Roddy will be here for a few more years, so let's ride him out. Quizz and Snelling will be able to handle it if we upgrade our lines. We do not need a true #1 RB, it's wasted money. Do you really "need" a game changer at KR/PR? I'd rather have a guy that can guarantee a catch rather than waste a 3rd round pick on some potential "game changer."

You don't need to spend a third round pick on a KR/PR to find a game changer. Weems changed games. He was undrafted.

We are a passing team. Roddy is getting older and will likely start to decline. TonyG is getting ready to retire. Julio can't stay healthy. He has missed 14 games in three years. An upgrade to HD would be a smart move.

We do need a true #1 RB. If it's wasted money then Dimi just threw $12M down the drain on SJax,

TD will grab a wide out early. That's his style. Worry about the trenches later. Get a 6'7 tackle to cross train as a guard. Part of the process.

While he is at it, he will grab a 280 lb. DT to plug in the middle. Process.

An injury prone player or three, a guy you have never heard of, and a reach. Now you have a TD a draft.

You don't need to spend a third round pick on a KR/PR to find a game changer. Weems changed games. He was undrafted.

We are a passing team. Roddy is getting older and will likely start to decline. TonyG is getting ready to retire. Julio can't stay healthy. He has missed 14 games in three years. An upgrade to HD would be a smart move.

We do need a true #1 RB. If it's wasted money then Dimi just threw $12M down the drain on SJax,

This is part of the problem. Its expensive to be a good passing team. You need a couple of top rated receivers if not 3, you need a top TE, you need top OL especially a LT and you need a top receiving RB or a good RBBC situation.

Defense may suffer.

TD will grab a wide out early. That's his style. Worry about the trenches later. Get a 6'7 tackle to cross train as a guard. Part of the process.

While he is at it, he will grab a 280 lb. DT to plug in the middle. Process.

An injury prone player or three, a guy you have never heard of, and a reach. Now you have a TD a draft.

Been screaming this for years.

I think almost any GM could have come in and drafted Ryan and had similar success. TD truly has been getting by on past managements players.

TD's players are in there now and yucking it up. TD tries to overthink and modernize the game. Football has and always will be about defense, running the ball, and physical play in the trenches.

If it was about dominant wide outs and throwing the rock, Peyton Manning would have more rings and Megatron would have one too.