A Rundown Of Our Roster Going Forward

Offense:

QB1: Matt Ryan: Hold onto this guy until he can't go any more. End of discussion

QB2: Who gives a ****

RB1: Steven Jackson: We have him for another year at least, ride him out.

RB2: Jacquizz Rodgers: This guy is a solid all around player. Keep him for cheap.

RB3: Jason Snelling: Utility RB that can do anything. Keep him for cheap

FB: Who gives a ****.

TE: Tony's done at the end of the year. Cheap FA pick-up or Toilolo

TE2: Let's find a TE that can actually block. Late rounder or cheap FA.

LT: Sam Baker: We're going to have to bite the bullet on him unfortunately

LG: Justin Blalock: Solid, keep him

C: Peter Konz: He's got one more year to prove he can play

RG: Garrett Reynolds: Despite his last game, I think he's been solid. Hold him

RT: Lamaar Holmes: Either he shapes up, or he ships out. His questionable work ethic is not what we need to tether our franchise too.

WR1: Roddy White: Throw to him until he's dead or wants a mega-contract

WR2: Julio Jones: See Matt Ryan

WR3: Harry Douglas: Keep him for another year, and then evaluate

WR4-5: Who gives a ****.

Defense:

RDE: Osi Umenyiora: Ride him out, he's cheap. Draft his replacement HIGH

DT: Jonathan Babineaux: Good player, resign unless he wants a mega-deal

DT: Corey Peters: Solid, but we need to upgrade here seriously. Could fill for Babineaux if he ships out.

DT: Peria Jerry: He plays like depth, and should be paid like it.

LDE: ???: Yeah, we're that far down the rabit hole. Draft high or FA.

SLB: Joplo Bartu: High potential, low cost. Stick with him

ILB: Paul Worrilow: See Joplo Bartu

ILB: Akeem Dent: He's cheap. Compete with Worrilow.

OLB: Sean Weatherspoon: He's locked in. Evaluate him down the road.

CB1: Asante Samuel: Cheap. Ride his contract out

CB2: Desmond Trufant: He's looking solid.

CB3: Robert McClain: Get your **** together or ride the bench.

CB4: Robert Alford: Also looking solid.

SS: Willam Moore: Only true bright spot on this defense. Keep him

FS: Thomas DeCoud: Hit this guy in the face with a step ladder.

Magic Mystery Position: Kroy Biermann: Ride him out while we got him, but don't put too much stock in him. He's not a center piece to any quality defense.

Special Team:

K: Matt Bryant: Run with him until he goes Elam on us

P: Matt Bosher: Guy was worth the draft pick

KR/PR: As long as they can hold onto the ball, I don't care. Low priority.

Overall:

On offense, RB, WR, and receiving TE should be put on the backburner. Invest high at Tackle, and nowhere else. We'll have to do a wait and see with Konz. Guard is solid for now. RB should never be a priority for this team again. We need to find a TE that can actually block one day(we'll miss you Peele/Hartsock).

On defense, throw everything we got at the DT and DE positions. Osi is going to be gone after next year, and Babineaux may want more than he's worth. Corey Peters is just an okay starter, but even if we keep Babineaux, the state of the DT position is unacceptable. Treat Bartu and Worrilow like Grimes, the potential is there. Weatherspoon can be evaluated down the road, same with Dent. LB isn't a priority for us here. CB is set, but we might actually have to look at outright ditching DeCoud if he continues to suck like a vacuum cleaner.

Bottom Line: Throw every god damned dollar, draft pick, and cookie we got at the defensive line and offensive tackle positions.

Edited by Free Radical
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RG We need to get someone a good but not High Priced FA and a Top 4 Draft pick. I would keep Reynolds though just put him back to his true position BACK-UP RT.

FB= Draft a true FB in 6-7th round.

OT=Draft a OT either 1-2

WR=D. Johnson see youtube Hands of Truth then we don't have to draft one.

DT = Get good but not high priced FA and Draft 1-2

LB= See above with FA just change Draft to 4-5

Need to upgrade HD as a #3 and possibly #2 replacement for Roddy. Need a young all around RB to replace SJax who is over 30 years old. Need a game changing KR/PR that will strike fear in the hearts of coverage teams. Need a total overhaul on both lines. Especially considering all of the DTs will be FAs. Need to jam a step ladder up DeCoud's as. If we're stuck with Dimi, keep that mofo far away from our draft war room.

Offense:

QB1: Matt Ryan: Hold onto this guy until he can't go any more. End of discussion

QB2: Who gives a ****

RB1: Stephen Jackson: We have him for another year at least, ride him out.

RB2: Jacquizz Rodgers: This guy is a solid all around player. Keep him for cheap.

RB3: Jason Snelling: Utility RB that can do anything. Keep him for cheap

FB: Who gives a ****.

TE: Tony's done at the end of the year. Cheap FA pick-up or Toilolo

TE2: Let's find a TE that can actually block. Late rounder or cheap FA.

LT: Sam Baker: We're going to have to bite the bullet on him unfortunately

LG: Justin Blalock: Solid, keep him

C: Peter Konz: He's got one more year to prove he can play

RG: Garrett Reynolds: Despite his last game, I think he's been solid. Hold him

RT: Lamaar Holmes: Either he shapes up, or he ships out. His questionable work ethic is not what we need to tether our franchise too.

WR1: Roddy White: Throw to him until he's dead or wants a mega-contract

WR2: Julio Jones: See Matt Ryan

WR3: Harry Douglas: Keep him for another year, and then evaluate

WR4-5: Who gives a ****.

Defense:

RDE: Osi Umenyiora: Ride him out, he's cheap. Draft his replacement HIGH

DT: Jonathan Babineaux: Good player, resign unless he wants a mega-deal

DT: Corey Peters: Solid, but we need to upgrade here seriously. Could fill for Babineaux if he ships out.

DT: Peria Jerry: He plays like depth, and should be paid like it.

LDE: ???: Yeah, we're that far down the rabit hole. Draft high or FA.

SLB: Joplo Bartu: High potential, low cost. Stick with him

ILB: Paul Worrilow: See Joplo Bartu

ILB: Akeem Dent: He's cheap. Compete with Worrilow.

OLB: Sean Weatherspoon: He's locked in. Evaluate him down the road.

CB1: Asante Samuel: Cheap. Ride his contract out

CB2: Desmond Trufant: He's looking solid.

CB3: Robert McClain: Get your **** together or ride the bench.

CB4: Robert Alford: Also looking solid.

SS: Willam Moore: Only true bright spot on this defense. Keep him

FS: Thomas DeCoud: Hit this guy in the face with a step ladder.

Magic Mystery Position: Kroy Biermann: Ride him out while we got him, but don't put too much stock in him. He's not a center piece to any quality defense.

Special Team:

K: Matt Bryant: Run with him until he goes Elam on us

P: Matt Bosher: Guy was worth the draft pick

KR/PR: As long as they can hold onto the ball, I don't care. Low priority.

Overall:

On offense, RB, WR, and receiving TE should be put on the backburner. Invest high at Tackle, and nowhere else. We'll have to do a wait and see with Konz. Guard is solid for now. RB should never be a priority for this team again. We need to find a TE that can actually block one day(we'll miss you Peele/Hartsock).

On defense, throw everything we got at the DT and DE positions. Osi is going to be gone after next year, and Babineaux may want more than he's worth. Corey Peters is just an okay starter, but even if we keep Babineaux, the state of the DT position is unacceptable. Treat Bartu and Worrilow like Grimes, the potential is there. Weatherspoon can be evaluated down the road, same with Dent. LB isn't a priority for us here. CB is set, but we might actually have to look at outright ditching DeCoud if he continues to suck like a vacuum cleaner.

Bottom Line: Throw every god damned dollar, draft pick, and cookie we got at the defensive line and tackle positions.

I feel as long as we are married to Baker we are screwed. Maybe keep him as a backup because of his contract /cap hit for one more year . If we end up with a top 10-15 pick go one of the big 3 LTs, sign Mack and move Konz back to RG. Then let Johnson and Holmes fight for RT. Then go best DT available at 2, maybe sign a decent FA LBer.

Need to upgrade HD as a #3 and possibly #2 replacement for Roddy. Need a young all around RB to replace SJax who is over 30 years old. Need a game changing KR/PR that will strike fear in the hearts of coverage teams. Need a total overhaul on both lines. Especially considering all of the DTs will be FAs. Need to jam a step ladder up DeCoud's as. If we're stuck with Dimi, keep that mofo far away from our draft war room.

this is a definite.

if we could find a 7th rounder or UDFA like marques colston, kendrell thompkins, lance moore etc that would be great.

so we are basically keeping the same TEAM ?

**** NO

ILL put together a realstic overhaul of both offensive and defensive lines

I know you guys think (Okay...know) this guy is a troll, but he's right here. We've all been complaining about how awful the defense was even when everyone was healthy. Now we want to keep almost the exact same core in tact? This defense needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. Outside of Osi, Moore, Spoon, and the rookies, I'm not really all that attached to anyone on the defensive side of the ball.

I dont understand how we can put out the same offensive line that is terrible this year. I think we can put Holmes at LT, but we need to release blalock and reynolds and get two new guards - one from FA and one from the draft. We also need to figure out what we are going to do about RT.

I think we should look at upgrading the slot position by bringing in some competition for HD.

I think we can let go of Peters and bring in a draft pick that can play NT.

It's hard to know what to do about the OL. We're married to Baker and Blalock financially so not much we can do there. And after using a 2nd rounder on Konz we're not going to give up on him. I also agree that Holmes is depth at best. I guess all we can do next offseason is:

• Draft the best OL available with a 1st or 2nd round pick
  • Do MAJOR strength and conditioning work on the OL in the offseason
  • Fire Pat Hill and hire a suitable replacement (the Hill experiment has failed)
  • If Holmes, Konz, or Schraeder don't step up, draft or sign a replacement

I think HOlmes can play LT and I think we have to cut ties with Baker probably the reason why we need HOlmes to work out if we have to Keep Baker one more year. We are not tied to blalock I think this is the year where his cap hit gives us the option to release him, i believe we would save on the cap by releasing him.

I'm looking at a realistic short term plan of action for the roster, while keeping in mind our salary cap situation and the size of the player contracts. Our offensive line's biggest issue is at the two tackle spots, and the only two defensive linemen(Osi and Babs) we have that are worth the money will potentially be gone in a year or two. Our defensive line is the only unit that could be considered worse than the collective efforts of our offensive line.

What games have you been watching that makes Moore a bright spot

He's been a solid all-around player.

Will Mo has been getting beat like everyone else. If not more than everyone else. He just lays the wood.

I also disagree with keeping Asante. It'll stunt growth in the secondary. You don't draft a guy in the second round to ride the bench for 2 years.

Good post tho.

Beat compared to who? DeCoud? No. McClain? No. Our LBs? No. Asante is only on the books for another year, and we run with three DBs on the field so often that Alford will more or less be a starter if McClain keeps his play up.

Trade Asante for a draft pick or something by the end of the season. Draft, pick up, or trade for some O-Line and D-Line help. Otherwise, looks pretty good.

You couldn't get a 7th for Asante at this point.

I'm looking at a realistic short term plan of action for the roster, while keeping in mind our salary cap situation and the size of the player contracts. Our offensive line's biggest issue is at the two tackle spots, and the only two defensive linemen(Osi and Babs) we have that are worth the money will potentially be gone in a year or two. Our defensive line is the only unit that could be considered worse than the collective efforts of our offensive line.

The Oline is much more important based on the fact that the offense is our strength and we need to protect our QB. Holmes has been solid since being put on the Left side I am think that working on his stamina will help and him getting reps at the left side will help him. We need to have 3 new oline, 2 at Guard because Reynolds is not a Guard, and Blalock is not worth his contract. As far as RT I would like to try Reynolds at Tackle to compete against whoever we bring in.

so we are basically keeping the same TEAM ?

**** NO

ILL put together a realstic overhaul of both offensive and defensive lines

You're not overhauling both of those units in one off-season.

Do we maybe try and sign Richard Seymour to see what he can do for this season? or is it too late?

No. Way too late for that, and pointless with the scope of our injuries.

How much emphasis do we put on upgrading HD. IMO, not much. Roddy will be here for a few more years, so let's ride him out. Quizz and Snelling will be able to handle it if we upgrade our lines. We do not need a true #1 RB, it's wasted money. Do you really "need" a game changer at KR/PR? I'd rather have a guy that can guarantee a catch rather than waste a 3rd round pick on some potential "game changer."

The Oline is much more important based on the fact that the offense is our strength and we need to protect our QB. Holmes has been solid since being put on the Left side I am think that working on his stamina will help and him getting reps at the left side will help him. We need to have 3 new oline, 2 at Guard because Reynolds is not a Guard, and Blalock is not worth his contract. As far as RT I would like to try Reynolds at Tackle to compete against whoever we bring in.

I'm not down on Reynolds, despite his poor play against the Jets, and Blalock has been easily our best linemen this year. I say we grab a RT high, or put Holmes back over there and go LT. We can't blow up our entire offensive line and defensive line in one off-season, it can't be done.