I Think It Is Time To Make The Coaching Change

Jaymadd

I have come to a conclusion that it is time to make a drastic change with our entire coaching staff. The main reason I have come to this conclusion is because our team is soft and doesnt play with passion or aggressiveness. We take what is given to us as opposed to taking what we want and dicating what we want to do. We have had a problem with talent development especially with the Dline. I think it really starts with Coach Smith because we have not had much change in production between coordinators. Koetter cannot figure out how to make this offensive production regarding our run game. Nolan cant figure out home to scheme a 3rd down stop and how to consistently create pressure on the QB. This sounds like repetitive problems that we continue to have regardless of the players that we have had on our team. I thought I would be ok with new coordinators but I think we are having a trickle down effect to our coordinators and it starts at the top = Coach Smith. I think I am really disappointed because I have been a fan for 20 years and besides 1998 have never felt this close to a championship. I was super excited about this season but with a harder schedule and no real improvement in our areas of weakness, we have been exposed. I hope that TD and Arthur Blank have the balls to make the bold moves to try and help us win a championship in my lifetime and in FFS1970's Lifetime. I am tired of the same ole crap from these Atlanta teams especially the Falcons. I am tired of getting my hopes up only to be letdown and then making excuses to justify my optimisim. I want to win and I want a dominate team and I dont think we can have that with our Coaching Staff.

Just a Day in the Mind of Jaymadd

This topic is fresh, new, and exciting.

I say good sir! Do you have a blog? And how might I subscribe to it?

Yeah but with what has been going on with these falcons the last month I think every fan like myself is entitled to vent and that is what is message board is for. Sorry I dont have a blog but I will let you know how to subscribe to it when I get one. Please tell me that some parts of you wants a coaching change

Come on jay, this topic is getting kinda old

Getting disappointed with the same ole crap from the Falcons man. I want a Superbowl man. I am tired of other fans always using the same line of "how many superbowls do you have". I was in GA and live in the A for 95% of my life man, always been and always will be a falcon fan, but dam man it is time to stop accepting mediocracy and get this town a winner. The braves championship is getting old. This ish is unacceptable man.

How about new O and D line coaches...

not enough because I am not sure about Smitty anymore. Smitty had his second chance when we change coordinators at the end of 2011. I have to say it but the time has come to change it up man. I like Smitty, think he has been a great coach but this team needs something different with the talent we have to get the most out of it and I dont think Smitty can make that happen.

It's too early to fire a coach coming off 5 wining seasons. This is the first time TD/Smith have faced anything like this and everyone is so quick to say "See I told you it wouldn't work" Give me a break and let these guys have a chance to turn it around.

After 5 years this is Smiths first time having back to back losing games......in 5 years and you want to fire him because it's the perfect storm (injuries, mental mistakes, rookie backups)?!?!?

If we let Smith go what respectable coach is going to want to play for a GM that offers no margin of error? "You can win all you want but one season starting off bad and your gone buddy" lolol Yea right dude

If we fire Smith and we end up with a coach who is ends up being worse coach and Smith goes somewhere else learning from his mistakes and is back to wining ........ We would NEVER hear the end of it, just ask the Browns.

Edited by raumin

Do you mean now or at the end of the season?

End of season, but before Monday's game I was part of the crew that thought things would work themselves out. I still have a little hope but what I saw on Monday was a team that played soft, a team that cant run the football, and a team that cant stop anyone.