Some Of You "fans" Are Just Morons

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in another post, there is a dark insidious part of me who hopes Smith gets fired just so I can come here and tell you morons who want him fired "I told you so" once the next guy embarks us on a two or three year rebuilding campaign that goes nowhere.

So you think it is absolutely impossible to hire a better coach?

The past 5 years have been the greatest period of sustained success in the team's history.

This is undisputed fact.

This team has never had any sustained success at all.

This is also undisputed fact.

This regime has not produced a championship, which is the only reason to play the games, watch the games, or follow the games.

Again: pure fact.

This regime is incapable of producing a championship at any time in the future.

Not a fact: my opinion. There are facts and reasons to support the likelihood of my opinion, however.

The failures of this regime predate the failures of this season. Indeed, many of the seeds of this, our winter's greatest discontent, were sown years prior to this season.

Here's an undisputed fact: one playoff win, ONE! If you are satisfied with that brand of mediocrity, good for you. Oh, and did I mention? One payoff win!!?? Pathetic!!

Haha, there it is sports fans. The greatest know-it-all in Atlanta sports history has spoken (aka moron).

No homie, my wife is hot, she's European and knows how to please her man. I met her back when I was playing division 1 college football, then married her after I finished my Phd in chemistry. If that makes me a loser than I guess I am.

I can tell you this. You are not that smart. You are one of these posters who has an opinion and do your best to get everyone to agree with you. Then when you can't you feed off the dissidence it causes and spew a bunch of meaningless garbage that you can't prove. Back in the day, when I lived in the ATL we had a name for people like you. Something like, punk azz biotch. Sure, if we had another GM maybe we would have some more superstars on our team. Maybe if we had another coach we could win some flashy games. Maybe if we had Vick back we could, I dunno be all that. Shut the F*ck up man. You are starting to bore me.

I think you define moron perfectly.

I'm extremely appreciative of where Dimitroff and Smith have gotten this team. They pulled them off the NFL trash heap and made them relevant contenders.

A five-year sampling of their drafting abilities, free agent acquisitions, game planning and in-game adjustments tells me though that they have reached their ceiling.

I honestly don't believe that Smith and Dimitroff can get this team a Lombardi. That doesn't make me not appreciate the work they have done though.

If that assessment makes me a "moron" in your view I won't lose any sleep over it.

This.

The past 5 years have been the greatest period of sustained success in the team's history.

This is undisputed fact.

This team has never had any sustained success at all.

This is also undisputed fact.

This regime has not produced a championship, which is the only reason to play the games, watch the games, or follow the games.

Again: pure fact.

This regime is incapable of producing a championship at any time in the future.

Not a fact: my opinion. There are facts and reasons to support the likelihood of my opinion, however.

The failures of this regime predate the failures of this season. Indeed, many of the seeds of this, our winter's greatest discontent, were sown years prior to this season.

WHOA WHOA WHOA here buddy

Sorry.

You just lost this whole argument.

I played football because I ENJOY FOOTBALL

I watch football because I ENJOY FOOTBALL.

I don't quit a game of Madden just because my friend kicks my *** most of the time. I don't quit watching/caring for my team just because they lose games.

If we had a bunch of ****** players and owners who didn't give a ****? Maybe I'd boycott. But these people care. And they win more than they lose.

I'll admit that I've been spoiled by all the success over the last few years. I really thought this was our year and with all the close games we have won recently, I should have known the other shoe would drop sometime. Now with all the injuries, I guess we will find out if these guys can coach.

I just wish in one thread all this very good football discussion would not devolve into name calling and personal attacks, Many of you have some excellent viewpoints (whether I agree with them or not), but too many of you just get way too upset when someone disagrees with you.

Well the problem is the concept of firing Mike Smith over one bad season, or one bad start of a season, after five of the most successful seasons in franchise history is just so utterly downright stupid that I can't help but state the absolute fact that anybody who would suggest it is a brain dead moron. I'm gone though....vacation starts today and the idiots on this board are about to be the furthest thing from my mind.

What are we doing different than last year? Teams respect Ryan's capabilities this year. They know what he is capable of and the Falcons are a one trick pony. We need a solid running game with some giant, fast, bruiser of a running back and two really good TE's.

All four losses were by 7 or less meaning the Falcons are missing just one scoring opportunity per game. One bad set of play calls, one bad series or a missed scoring opportunity. Haven't seen a really big game changing defensive play lately.

Edited by FanSince80

It's not just these lost games. Still don't understand how you guys cannot see a pattern.

There's a clear pattern:

TD focuses on acquiring and supplying who he believes the best skill players available are for the Falcons, while building the trenches with (rarely taken) 1st or 2nd round reaches, usually 3rd round or later guys with traceable or known injury histories....and mid-to-lower priced FAS when those draft picks inevitably don't pan out.

The above theory might have more sustainable (i,e. playoff) success if our position coaches were doing their jobs. Why is Ray Hamilton still our D-line coach? Who has he made better since they became a Falcon? Why aren't the Falcons begging Chuck Smith to become their D-line coach?

And then we get to Smitty....so obsessed with his players playing penalty-free and mistake-free football that he spends 2/3 of the game scribbling down their names like a pizzed off Catholic nun....which makes the team play tighter than Marie Osmond's knees were on prom night.

So, yeah, it's messed up...and it's going to take poor old deluded Arthur at least a couple of more years to realize it. The injuries have bought TD/Smith a 2 year bye.

5 winning seasons and ONE playoff win.

Smiths job was in jeopardy before last seasons playoff win. Even WITH all the regular season wins. Now we have no regular season wins and another playoff failure(We wont get there)

How long should we give them?

We should at least see how he plays out this season. Part of a great coach is how they motivate a wounded team. I've always thought that they years we went into the playoffs we were over achieving and still putting pieces together, to me I credit Smith on that. Always winning after a loss is Smith mentally moving this team past the loss and focusing on the next game. He has is flaws but he has his intangibles too. If Smith can salvage the season and get this bunch of backups to over achieve that says a lot for him.

Remember this is new territory for TD and Smith, they have never been tested like this. Let's see how they turn things around first before we press the reboot button.

I mean we gave Mora two losing seasons to prove something.

Edited by raumin

Just to clarify, I have not criticized Smitty for the 4th and 1 go-for-it calls. I do fault him for running Quizz up the gut on the last one. But I applaud a ballsier decision-making. I agreed with the decision, it just didn't work out. With our defense, we need 6's, not 3's.

I would have been happier to see Snelling or even Smith try it not Quizz.

Real fans are supposed to cheer on their team until the last game of the season. Like you said it sucks to be in this position as a fan. Call me old school but I remember when the seasons I hoped Falcons would beat the Saints and the Bucs because that would be four wins. I still think they can pull it out with Matty Ice. They need to tighten up the OL and TACKLE FOR GOD SAKE DEFENSE. Missing Spoon and Biermann hurt tremendously. Its time we see how our youngbloods will do. They have the leadership on offense and somewhat on defense. I have faith in the Falcons to pull it together. I remember one other team who had some rookies and made it to the Superbowl(Panthers)

They can do alot in the coming games.

Real fans are supposed to cheer on their team until the last game of the season. Like you said it sucks to be in this position as a fan. Call me old school but I remember when the seasons I hoped Falcons would beat the Saints and the Bucs because that would be four wins. I still think they can pull it out with Matty Ice. They need to tighten up the OL and TACKLE FOR GOD SAKE DEFENSE. Missing Spoon and Biermann hurt tremendously. Its time we see how our youngbloods will do. They have the leadership on offense and somewhat on defense. I have faith in the Falcons to pull it together. I remember one other team who had some rookies and made it to the Superbowl(Panthers)

They can do alot in the coming games.

I remember when you could buy a coke for .15 and you had to turn a crank-lever machine to make them come out. That don't help our team either.