Some Of You "fans" Are Just Morons

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Read FalconinPA.

I find it hilarious that people say the Fire Smitty crowd has no reason and logic when they actually type out their concerns and beliefs, and the haters just say "youre crazy".

Where is YOUR Logic and reason? All you do is bash others. Ironic.

It's simple but read slow so you can understand it..... You don't fire the most successful coach in franchise history after five winning seasons in a row and one bad season. How can you not see how ridiculous that is to even think about doing? Even if injuries weren't a huge factor, you still wouldn't do it. You would give Smith the benefit of a doubt and another season to turn things around. Didn't Sean Peyton have like a 6-10 season one of the years before New Orleans eventually got to the SB? I say again, five winning seasons in a row with four trips to the playoffs and one bad season and you morons want to fire the guy? Gimme a break. And what if the next guy doesn't give you instant gratification? Will you whine and gnash your teeth and scream for his head.....and then the next guy and the next guy.....you don't get anywhere that way. Just ask the Raiders and the Browns....... Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

It's simple but read slow so you can understand it..... You don't fire the most successful coach in franchise history after five winning seasons in a row and one bad season. How can you not see how ridiculous that is to even think about doing? Even if injuries weren't a huge factor, you still wouldn't do it. You would give Smith the benefit of a doubt and another season to turn things around. Didn't Sean Peyton have like a 6-10 season one year before New Orleans eventually got to the SB? I say again, five winning seasons in a row with four trips to the playoffs and one bad season and you morons want to fire the guy? Gimme a break.

You Fire mike Smith for his inability to correct his consistent coaching shortcomings. The guy Is toast after this season, weather your heart bleeds for him or not. Toast

Nah hoss, I've been speaking this since '09. I was done when he said, "Clay Matthews doesn't fit the scheme."

NEVER thought I'd see it happen again. JA98 instead of Willis, PJ94 instead of Matthews.

it's amazing how this team didn't start suffering until an unbearable gang of injuries, and they've yet to be blown out, and realistically had a chance to win each game. and that's with crappy scrubs that shouldn't be on an NFL roster and some of the worst coaching I've ever seen.

It's simple but read slow so you can understand it..... You don't fire the most successful coach in franchise history after five winning seasons in a row and one bad season. How can you not see how ridiculous that is to even think about doing? Even if injuries weren't a huge factor, you still wouldn't do it. You would give Smith the benefit of a doubt and another season to turn things around. Didn't Sean Peyton have like a 6-10 season one of the years before New Orleans eventually got to the SB? I say again, five winning seasons in a row with four trips to the playoffs and one bad season and you morons want to fire the guy? Gimme a break.

4 playoffs-1 win.

Awful season

Ill say it AGAIN. Read Slowly. Smith was on the hot seat last year because he couldnt win in the playoffs. If you dont think a season like this will put him back there, youre crazy.

Blank will not wait forever for this team to actually be REAL players in the Playoffs.

Your a fake falcons fan if you settle for mediocrity. If your happy with just making the playoffs. If you can't look beyond you flamboyant fan hood to see glaring issues. If you call out other fans for wanting a Super Bowl more than they want to keep a head coach who can't get it done. You are the fake fans.

it's amazing how this team didn't start suffering until an unbearable gang of injuries, and they've yet to be blown out, and realistically had a chance to win each game. and that's with crappy scrubs that shouldn't be on an NFL roster and some of the worst coaching I've ever seen.

I didn't say anyone was crappy scrubs. It was a dumb move to relieve the anti injury trainer and keep Hamilton though.

FalconinPA is possibly one of the most underrated posters on this board. One of the very best, if not the best in terms of overall insight. I suggest everyone goes back and reads his post on page one because its one of the best posts I have seen in quite some time here.

Thanks KOG

I didn't say anyone was crappy scrubs. It was a dumb move to relieve the anti injury trainer and keep Hamilton though.

I wasn't singling you out, I was responding in generalities but I don't like a lot of these folks lol. TBH as I've always said I don't have a problem with TD's draft picks but I'm not a fan of coach Smith anymore. we've just played 3 almost perfect Smitty games and lost them all. as far as Hamilton, we've been saying for years, dude hasn't developed a defensive lineman yet. they all can't be terrible right?

This season sucks. No doubt about it.

Smith needs to be more aggressive in his playcalling, yep... most would agree with you.

Maybe TD needs to be a little more lax with the Falcon filter and take some risks especially with Oline men in the draft.... Okay, not a stretch

But,,, some of you people are either really stupid or this is a sad reflection of a portion of the Atlanta fan base.

You know, in life, you can do everything correctly and still lose. I understand that several of the posters to this board are perennial losers, but realize that football, and a lot of times in life, you can do everything you need to do and still not "win". Every applied for a job that you really thought you were qualified for? Every tried to date the really hot girl that for some reason just didn't give you the time of day? Ever, God forbid, played a sport at any level and were really on the better team but lost???

Our team does not do everything perfectly, and it is no excuse for some of the things that are going on this year, but you are a freaking idiot if you think that our team, paid professionals, are going to throw in the towel and stop trying just because we are 1 - 4 and lost all four games by a narrow margin. Some of you think that Tony should be traded. I could see Tony talking to his son now, "yeah son, I made a commitment to a team and fan base, but because things weren't going exactly like we thought we would we gave up and I asked for a trade". Yeah, because you know winning a playoff game is more important than actually standing for something and working hard. I'm pretty sure people like Tony and Ryan and Osi are going to try everything they can to get us in the playoffs, and if they don't do it they are better people for trying.

Then there are the ignorant b@stards that think we should fire everyone from the GM down. Really, yeah because there are so many teams out there that win game after game, year after year. Admittedly TD has made some drafting mistakes and admittedly Smith has made some coaching mistakes, but to take a historically bad team and turned them into what we have now is not easy. How many teams out there have even achieved close to what we have in the past five years. There is not a game in the past 5 years that we did not have a chance to win. You can count the other teams in the NFL that could say that on one hand.

So, before I get flamed away from all the people that think we should have won a super bowl or two, or think that this team is going nowhere how about considering what is harder. Getting to where we are now or where the majority of the rest of the NFL currently is, because from what I see, most teams would gladly trade their past 5 years in for what we have (excluding the injuries of course).

I just say PREACH!

All I see is a lot of whining about the fans. Fans are just customers. They have no obligation to do anything. They can be loyal or root for some other team, but it really doesn't matter. They are not being paid either way for what they do, but the team is.

The only morons I see are those who think that fans have any obligation at all to the team. Correct me, but I do recall the money leaving the fans wallets to the team and not the other way around.

The fact is that the performance of the team is the "product" and right now the product sucks. Doesn't matter how well it was in the past, this is the here and now, and even the administration from the top down will admit to that.

Whining about the fans not being appreciative for what they have, is like telling a customer that just because the food sucks now, it used to be great and how they should be loyal to whatever local restaurant the paying customers have been frequenting.

The fact is the fans can b-tch all they want because they are paying the tab.

This season sucks. No doubt about it.

Smith needs to be more aggressive in his playcalling, yep... most would agree with you.

Maybe TD needs to be a little more lax with the Falcon filter and take some risks especially with Oline men in the draft.... Okay, not a stretch

But,,, some of you people are either really stupid or this is a sad reflection of a portion of the Atlanta fan base.

You know, in life, you can do everything correctly and still lose. I understand that several of the posters to this board are perennial losers, but realize that football, and a lot of times in life, you can do everything you need to do and still not "win". Every applied for a job that you really thought you were qualified for? Every tried to date the really hot girl that for some reason just didn't give you the time of day? Ever, God forbid, played a sport at any level and were really on the better team but lost???

Our team does not do everything perfectly, and it is no excuse for some of the things that are going on this year, but you are a freaking idiot if you think that our team, paid professionals, are going to throw in the towel and stop trying just because we are 1 - 4 and lost all four games by a narrow margin. Some of you think that Tony should be traded. I could see Tony talking to his son now, "yeah son, I made a commitment to a team and fan base, but because things weren't going exactly like we thought we would we gave up and I asked for a trade". Yeah, because you know winning a playoff game is more important than actually standing for something and working hard. I'm pretty sure people like Tony and Ryan and Osi are going to try everything they can to get us in the playoffs, and if they don't do it they are better people for trying.

Then there are the ignorant b@stards that think we should fire everyone from the GM down. Really, yeah because there are so many teams out there that win game after game, year after year. Admittedly TD has made some drafting mistakes and admittedly Smith has made some coaching mistakes, but to take a historically bad team and turned them into what we have now is not easy. How many teams out there have even achieved close to what we have in the past five years. There is not a game in the past 5 years that we did not have a chance to win. You can count the other teams in the NFL that could say that on one hand.

So, before I get flamed away from all the people that think we should have won a super bowl or two, or think that this team is going nowhere how about considering what is harder. Getting to where we are now or where the majority of the rest of the NFL currently is, because from what I see, most teams would gladly trade their past 5 years in for what we have (excluding the injuries of course).

Great post, However, Smitty has the same weak excuse every press conference and Matty sounds like him. We're performing insanity at it's best. Can we get some fire in this team??? Have ppl afraid to play us, scared to go across the middle, nervous to be in the pocket after the ball is hiked. Crushing the RB and forcing the Oline back and collapsing like OURS.

We're one of the worst things a professional football team can be: soft. We're a soft football team.

Couldn't agree with this more. I'm not sure what the cause of this. Maybe the coaches. Maybe the players. Maybe the falcon filter needs to let a little more thug through. I don't know. We play with no passion. That is evident.

Like I said in another post, there is a dark insidious part of me who hopes Smith gets fired just so I can come here and tell you morons who want him fired "I told you so" once the next guy embarks us on a two or three year rebuilding campaign that goes nowhere. Of course you idiots won't give him two or three years though. Your need for instant gratification won't allow that. The first time the guy gets more than two losses in a row you fools will be whining for his head. Here's a real simple concept for you morons who cite the lack of success in the playoffs and just want to throw regular season successes out the window because of that.... You have to win in the regular season to get to the playoffs you freakin brain dead morons!!! This will only be the second year in Smiths tenure we haven't been to the playoffs and the first year it happened we were pretty dang close to going.

4 playoffs-1 win.

Awful season

Ill say it AGAIN. Read Slowly. Smith was on the hot seat last year because he couldnt win in the playoffs. If you dont think a season like this will put him back there, youre crazy.

Blank will not wait forever for this team to actually be REAL players in the Playoffs.

I never said that Smith was on the hot seat. I have actually said I think Smith will eventually get fired, like almost every other head coach regardless of record and superbowl wins. Coaches get fired, that's what happens. My "beef" are with the "fans" that after a little adversary say we need to quit or give up and trade players that have respect for the team they are on and the fans in a city. It is truly annoying to see some people come to an official Falcons site and act like everything revolves around fantasy football stats, or like they play for the team. Have your opinion, sure it is a better site for that, but it would be nice to see a few more posters with some pride. If you are going to make a statement like fire this person or this person sucks back up your comments or at least say, "I'm being emotional". Don't act like you know better than everyone else.

Because you called everyone that disagrees with your opinion an ignorant *******, I have a feeling you were one of the 150 season ticket holders that the Falcons had before they became a winning franchise. You accept losing. You have probably lost at everything you've ever done.

We, the ignorant ********, do not accept losing. We expect more and will not settle for less. We are winners.

So I've come to the conclusion that while you may win the most battles of the fries, and lose some with dignity, we are still far ahead intellectually.

Because you called everyone that disagrees with your opinion an ignorant *******, I have a feeling you were one of the 150 season ticket holders that the Falcons had before they became a winning franchise. You accept losing. You have probably lost at everything you've ever done.

We, the ignorant ********, do not accept losing. We expect more and will not settle for less. We are winners.

So I've come to the conclusion that while you may win the most battles of the fries, and lose some with dignity, we are still far ahead intellectually.

No you're not winners.....you're whiners.... there is a huge difference. First sign of adversity and you want to do the knee jerk reaction and throw the baby out with the bathwater. That's not being a winner....it's just being stupid. I can't argue this anymore. I'm just astounded that there are so many downright stupid people in our fan base. If this were a New Orleans board, I could pass it off to inbreeding....here I just don't know...must be drug abuse.

No you're not winners.....you're whiners.... there is a huge difference. First sign of adversity and you want to do the knee jerk reaction and throw the baby out with the bathwater. That's not being a winner....it's just being stupid. I can't argue this anymore. I'm just astounded that there are so many downright stupid people in our fan base. If this were a New Orleans board, I could pass it off to inbreeding....here I just don't know...must be drug abuse.

In your defense, it could be drug abuse. Or in our defense, we could be so smart you simply do not understand.

Take your pick.

By the way, I do not use drugs.

Your a fake falcons fan if you settle for mediocrity. If your happy with just making the playoffs. If you can't look beyond you flamboyant fan hood to see glaring issues. If you call out other fans for wanting a Super Bowl more than they want to keep a head coach who can't get it done. You are the fake fans.

Dude go away. Do you realize how hard it is in the NFL to have a winning season, much less five. Mediocrity, really. You're an idiot. Look who has won the past 6 superbowls and look how they got there and the circumstances for them winning. Not a single team that has won was favored to smell the superbowl. So, how do you go out and "win" a superbowl. Tell us genius. Because non of the professionals from odds makers in Vegas to analyst have a clue. Since 2004 no team that won was picked to win by any significant outlet and since 2004 only 2 teams were the odds favorite to win once the playoffs started. Winning games in the regular season gives you a better statistical chance to get in, but that is all. In today's NFL the winner is usually decided by who is playing better as a team, injuries, luck and who is peaking at the right time. When you win a lot of games you have ore opportunity. The ravens went to the playoffs in 08, 09, 10, 11 and 12 but only won one superbowl. I mean all those playoff wins really mean nothing because, well it's not a superbowl.

I'll bet your parents wish they had.

I know for a fact I wish they had.