Some Of You "fans" Are Just Morons

I total agree with you about 1 playoff win not cutting it. I think there is an issue somewhere. But I know you cannot go out and purchase a winning team like in baseball. Free agency won't let you, so you are left managing situations. Smith and TD do a good job of managing situations. You have to look at success differently than you did 10 or more years ago. Teams are going to win now by good management and not beating themselves. That's just the way it is.

And some people are morons. The definition of a moron is a stupid person and you are stupid if you think paid professional athletes are just going to quit because they lose a game. Not when they have had success before and have some class.

as someone that knows a lot of the paid professionals I can tell you they do indeed quit. And not all players have class

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTT I kinda agree with the OP. There's too mucnsecond-guessing on this forum from people who do not remotely have the knowledge to judge football related issues except for those hindsight calls.

I agree with you overall, but I dare say there is not a person on this board qualified to run a football team, nor anyone who holds superior credentials that allow them their opinions and judgments, while at the same time try to deny and denigrate another's. The arrogance shown here is disturbing. Some of us played high school football, some in college, and most everyone else has watched football their whole lives, and that is about the only credientials most here hold.

Opinions vary by the minds that produce them, but it is foolish, to me, to allow anyones's opinion here to hold any more weight than another's. Some of the most ignorant opinions I have read on this message board have come from posters held in high esteem, and I have read some of the most insightful opinions come from those labled a troll, so I do not allow preceptions created by others allow me to dismiss a posted comment.

Why do so many people act as if posters here work for the Falcons? Nobody here has influence over decisions, so why not just let them have their opinions?

Edited by AREA51

Jeez message board politics "oh no somebody doesn't agree with me". Yea the beeching and Moaning gets old but I rolled it out on a couple of negative posts of my own after the Jets game. Doesn't make me any less of a fan or a moron. WHO GIVES A CHIT it's not like I won't be firmly in their corner the next game the rest of the year or until I kick it. It's an opinion thats all it is, I just highly disagree with stay the course, injuries suck, but thats a coaching staff job to have everybody ready to play and a GM's to get the best he can find. In the long run it's about expectations, I guess we all over shot on the talents of the team as a whole and the coaching ability of the staff. H e l l besides the trolls anybody here that takes the time to post good or bad is still fan, because they have an emotional reaction to the Falcons. Much like the emotional rant from the OP.

The fan base is weak I tell you. A 1-4 season after 5 winning seasons and everyone wants to start all over again lolololol

I don't get it, FIRE THIS PERSON FIRE THAT PERSON, COACH I CAN DO BETTER! It's just too silly

These fans don't understand that what goes up must come down, we got a little taste of reality, so it's a down year, big deal. We are going to be a better team for it.

The OP needs to review Arthur Blank's press conference from January of 2011 to understand that the high expectations are shared and encouraged by this franchises ownership.

Someone chloroformed and brainwashed that Blank.....or maybe he was so burned by Mora, Vick and Petrino he's going to be very reluctant to make any significant changes for quite some time.

The notion that 56 regular season wins leading to only a single playoff win (over 5 seasons) is some great accomplishment is ridiculous.

The OP needs to review Arthur Blank's press conference from January of 2011 to understand that the high expectations are shared and encouraged by this franchises ownership.

The OP has read Arthur Blanks press conference. My point to this whole tread is that we are fans of this team. The players, coaches and management don't care what we think as long as we buy tickets and merchandise. The idea that some "fans" have that we should just throw in the towel and trade our players because we lost 4 games is pathetic. The bag head Aint's fans have more class than these buffoons. At least they were loyal to their team even when they were beyond pathetic.

I basically won when you needed to address this forum with " your hot wife" that is European

dude. You realize this is not a game right. you don't "win" by upping someone on a message board. We don't get gold stars or points.

Your posts are annoying. You always go against rational thought and try and prove your point. It's old, you are boring.

I'm extremely appreciative of where Dimitroff and Smith have gotten this team. They pulled them off the NFL trash heap and made them relevant contenders.

A five-year sampling of their drafting abilities, free agent acquisitions, game planning and in-game adjustments tells me though that they have reached their ceiling.

I honestly don't believe that Smith and Dimitroff can get this team a Lombardi. That doesn't make me not appreciate the work they have done though.

If that assessment makes me a "moron" in your view I won't lose any sleep over it.

Your topics and replies are on point.

When you have watched the NFL and not just a couple of teams for more

than 3 decades you learn that rebuilding a team is no easy task.

In fact you will learn that it is the hardest thing to do.

What TD and Smitty have achieved is remarkable.

But like you say, if they have reached their limits then that is ok with me.

But lets speculate on bringing in a fire breathing dragon like Gruden or Shanahan.

These guys could get us over the top, but the team would be destroyed in the process.

So after they are gone we find the team right back at square one and the rebuild

process starts anew.

That said, I have given up on the season.

The team is roached out, but I say that TD and Smitty could wind up in a position

to make some killer draft picks next year that will give the team solid lines

on both sides of the ball.

We need a new S&C Coach and a new O Line Coach........Hill is terrible!

Built the offensive line and front-7 and made do with a good receiver instead of selling the future for a guy who will see less than 5-7 touches most games.

The 49rs had their best season BEFORE drafting Jerry Rice.

Priority #1: get the franchise QB that will front your organization for a decade+.

Priority #2: after securing THE quarterback, or if THE quarterback is not available, build a dominant line on both sides of the ball, starting at LT and C.

Priority #3 secure the middle of the team: MLB/ILB, safeties, running backs.

Priority #4: secure a defensive backfield.

Last place: get wide receivers.

Okay, in today's football world how do you sign a QB to a say 75 to 125 million dollar contract, and don't kid yourself any that are half decent will pull in at least 75 million or 14 million a year, 5 good Olinemen.... No, say 3 good Olinemen at say 8 million a year each and one decent skill player on offense at say 10 million a year (that's 48 million or 40% of your cap) and sign the rest of the team??? It can't be done. You are going to have weaknesses. Denver has them. The 49ers have them. The Saints have them. The Seahawks have them. Greenbay has them.

The fan base is weak I tell you. A 1-4 season after 5 winning seasons and everyone wants to start all over again lolololol

I don't get it, FIRE THIS PERSON FIRE THAT PERSON, COACH I CAN DO BETTER! It's just too silly

These fans don't understand that what goes up must come down, we got a little taste of reality, so it's a down year, big deal. We are going to be a better team for it.

5 winning seasons and ONE playoff win.

Smiths job was in jeopardy before last seasons playoff win. Even WITH all the regular season wins. Now we have no regular season wins and another playoff failure(We wont get there)

How long should we give them?

The OP has read Arthur Blanks press conference. My point to this whole tread is that we are fans of this team. The players, coaches and management don't care what we think as long as we buy tickets and merchandise. The idea that some "fans" have that we should just throw in the towel and trade our players because we lost 4 games is pathetic. The bag head Aint's fans have more class than these buffoons. At least they were loyal to their team even when they were beyond pathetic.

And monday nights game could not have made Blanks wallet feel good. More of that is coming.

5 winning seasons and ONE playoff win.

Smiths job was in jeopardy before last seasons playoff win. Even WITH all the regular season wins. Now we have no regular season wins and another playoff failure(We wont get there)

How long should we give them?

What you are saying is legit. I think Smith will end up getting fired. Not this year and probably not next but after that???? Depends if he wins some playoff games. All I'm saying is that look at what he has done over 5 years and look at this year. What holds more weight???

+2

No really, I gave you plus two. Voices of reason are overlooked around here. It seems to be the extremes that anyone pays attention to.

thanks....yeah, I think the false notion has taken hold around here that if you believe Smith and Dimitroff have reached their respective ceilings that you somehow dislike them or don't appreciate the work that they have done here in Atlanta.

So many people on this board think and post in absolute black and white scenarios.

The world is a lot more complicated than that. I like and appreciate both Smitty and TD. I also stand by my belief that their proven methods won't get us a Lombardi.

I'm living proof you can have both thoughts.

What you are saying is legit. I think Smith will end up getting fired. Not this year and probably not next but after that???? Depends if he wins some playoff games. All I'm saying is that look at what he has done over 5 years and look at this year. What holds more weight???

Agreed. No way in **** would I fire Smith on this year alone. But when you add this PLUS our playoff failures, we have problems.

You can't win with these " fire Smitty" morons. Reason and logic is lost on people who have no reasoning power in the first place.

Go Read FalconinPA.

I find it hilarious that people say the Fire Smitty crowd has no reason and logic when they actually type out their concerns and beliefs, and the haters just say "youre crazy".

Where is YOUR Logic and reason? All you do is bash others. Ironic.

Built the offensive line and front-7 and made do with a good receiver instead of selling the future for a guy who will see less than 5-7 touches most games.

The 49rs had their best season BEFORE drafting Jerry Rice.

Priority #1: get the franchise QB that will front your organization for a decade+.

Priority #2: after securing THE quarterback, or if THE quarterback is not available, build a dominant line on both sides of the ball, starting at LT and C.

Priority #3 secure the middle of the team: MLB/ILB, safeties, running backs.

Priority #4: secure a defensive backfield.

Last place: get wide receivers.

Okay, in today's football world how do you sign a QB to a say 75 to 125 million dollar contract, and don't kid yourself any that are half decent will pull in at least 75 million or 14 million a year, 5 good Olinemen.... No, say 3 good Olinemen at say 8 million a year each and one decent skill player on offense at say 10 million a year (that's 48 million or 40% of your cap) and sign the rest of the team??? It can't be done. You are going to have weaknesses. Denver has them. The 49ers have them. The Saints have them. The Seahawks have them. Greenbay has them.

Where did I say ANYTHING about not having any holes? About not having areas of weakness? That is the whole point behind having a priority. Also, you are--- or should--- have players playing on their rookie contracts at various positions. There will be role-players who don't get multi-million dollar Monopoly-money contracts.

Wide receivers should be the lowest priority. Simple math: they see the fewest number of touches, and can only be truly effective if the quarterback and the offensive line both can allow them to operate. Look at what we have now! We have the best starting tandem of wide-outs in the league (when healthy, obviously), but our o-line has limited the effectiveness of the receivers, our quarterback, and our running backs.

The last Super Bowl winner with a true star wide receiver was Indianapolis in 2007. Before that you have to go back to the Rams in 2000. All you need are decent to good receivers if your lines are stout and your quarterback is the right guy.

thanks....yeah, I think the false notion has taken hold around here that if you believe Smith and Dimitroff have reached their respective ceilings that you somehow dislike them or don't appreciate the work that they have done here in Atlanta.

So many people on this board think and post in absolute black and white scenarios.

The world is a lot more complicated than that. I like and appreciate both Smitty and TD. I also stand by my belief that their proven methods won't get us a Lombardi.

I'm living proof you can have both thoughts.

The only black and white in football is L's and W's, but getting there takes a ton of variables. In this case, this regime may have exhausted all of theirs. We won't know for some time because these guys are going nowhere.

What is rational thought now ? Half the board , half Falcon fans are starting to see the light about TD what I saw two years ago . It's not my fault I pick up the game quicker then others . There is no rational thought . I see what my eyes tell me . My opinion doesn't sway on what others think . Maybe you should look into vocing your own opinion instead of worrying about others

Nah hoss, I've been speaking this since '09. I was done when he said, "Clay Matthews doesn't fit the scheme."

NEVER thought I'd see it happen again. JA98 instead of Willis, PJ94 instead of Matthews.