Some Of You "fans" Are Just Morons

So you think Charles Dimry allowing 6 Jerry Rice touchdowns was ok, because GOSH DARN IT!!! He sure did try! You're ok with a bunch of scrubs and schlubs flopping ineffectively around the field?

Not me.

Bring home a Lombardi or you've wasted my time and your own.

You're not a football fan then, just watch one a game a year and hope it's the team you want playing if not then turn the channel.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I agree. Smith is not my favorite coach by any means, but he generally has the team ready to play and gives us a chance. Yeah, he is to conservative for my liking. Same thing with TD, although I think he is a lot better than he gets credit for.

You know three weeks ago people were screaming for Smith to take more chances. He goes for it on 4th and 1 twice and fails and gets flamed for being too aggressive (both were stupid decisions if you ask me - you never take points off the board), but come on. How hypocritical can people be???

Be aggressive, but be smart as well. In both those instances, not smart.

1) And yet with all the issues you pointed out this team has the 2nd best winning percent of any team in the last 5 years.

2) TD has won GM of the year twice.

3) His picks at talent are not nearly as bad as some people around here think they are. He has fielded an above average talented football team every year.

4) You are kidding yourself if you think statistics are not what drive every team in the NFL. You cannot go out and be perfect. It's impossible. There is not a single team that has done it.

1) Regular season. The regular season is nothing more than an extended seeding system for the only games that count, even a little bit. he playoffs. What is the post-season record of our scared, cowardly, too-uptight team and our gutless coach?

(Smittyball) works in the regular season, but in the playoffs, its an entirely different ball game.
Did you miss this part?

2) Big deal. Try getting a cup of Waffle House coffee with those awards.

3) Great skill position acquisitions in FA and the first three rounds of the draft. Complete whiffs on every single lineman on both sides of the ball. Every LB other than Spoon is also a whiff.

4) 1972 Dolphins. With a backup quarterback.

1 playoff win

ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS

/end thread

Haha, there it is sports fans. The greatest know-it-all in Atlanta sports history has spoken (aka moron).

No homie, my wife is hot, she's European and knows how to please her man. I met her back when I was playing division 1 college football, then married her after I finished my Phd in chemistry. If that makes me a loser than I guess I am.

I can tell you this. You are not that smart. You are one of these posters who has an opinion and do your best to get everyone to agree with you. Then when you can't you feed off the dissidence it causes and spew a bunch of meaningless garbage that you can't prove. Back in the day, when I lived in the ATL we had a name for people like you. Something like, punk azz biotch. Sure, if we had another GM maybe we would have some more superstars on our team. Maybe if we had another coach we could win some flashy games. Maybe if we had Vick back we could, I dunno be all that. Shut the F*ck up man. You are starting to bore me.

1) Regular season. The regular season is nothing more than an extended seeding system for the only games that count, even a little bit. he playoffs. What is the post-season record of our scared, cowardly, too-uptight team and our gutless coach?

Did you miss this part?

2) Big deal. Try getting a cup of Waffle House coffee with those awards.

3) Great skill position acquisitions in FA and the first three rounds of the draft. Complete whiffs on every single lineman on both sides of the ball. Every LB other than Spoon is also a whiff.

4) 1972 Dolphins. With a backup quarterback.

Okay chief. Enlighten us with your wisdom. What would you do to win a superbowl.

Haha, there it is sports fans. The greatest know-it-all in Atlanta sports history has spoken (aka moron).

No homie, my wife is hot, she's European and knows how to please her man. I met her back when I was playing division 1 college football, then married her after I finished my Phd in chemistry. If that makes me a loser than I guess I am.

I can tell you this. You are not that smart. You are one of these posters who has an opinion and do your best to get everyone to agree with you. Then when you can't you feed off the dissidence it causes and spew a bunch of meaningless garbage that you can't prove. Back in the day, when I lived in the ATL we had a name for people like you. Something like, punk azz biotch. Sure, if we had another GM maybe we would have some more superstars on our team. Maybe if we had another coach we could win some flashy games. Maybe if we had Vick back we could, I dunno be all that. Shut the F*ck up man. You are starting to bore me.

In the famous words of Mr. Rodney King, Can't we all just get along?

You do realize how bad as a person thia makes you look as well right? "Look at all ive done. My life is awesome. Youre a moron punk *** biotch"

Lots of class in this thread

I, myself, get tired of the "real fan" and troll non-sense as well, and I see a few posters here, who were just the other day posting their own tirades on the Falcons, slinging such accusations. That is hypocrisy at its finest. Me, I posted about my situation on being a fan in another thread.

He is not the only one, and for guys like me, discussions starting with the words "well...next season" become more agonizing as the years go by. You see, I am 45 years old, and I have been doing the next season thing since I was ten years old waiting for the Falcons to win a Super Bowl.

When I was kid, and then young adult, and even into my thirties, I thought for sure I still had plenty of time to see the Falcons win a Super Bowl championship before I die. Now, as I have spent the last five years believing the Falcons were moving closer to that ultimate destination I have waited 35 years for, it is quite a disappointment to again be back to talking about next season so soon after starting the current season.

I do not plan to die soon, but the years are passing, and going by average life expectancy, there are more football seasons behind me then in front of me. It is the reason that I now dread, more than ever, talking about next season only five games into the present season. One day I will not have a next season. wink.png

Edited by AREA51

I basically won when you needed to address this forum with " your hot wife" that is European

"I won" already shows your maturity. Just my 2 cents.

BTT I kinda agree with the OP. There's too mucnsecond-guessing on this forum from people who do not remotely have the knowledge to judge football related issues except for those hindsight calls.

However, in my opinion, there is still something missing from this team that goes further than our play with all these injuries. How to fix that I do not know, but the FO better figure that out.

Okay chief. Enlighten us with your wisdom. What would you do to win a superbowl.

Built the offensive line and front-7 and made do with a good receiver instead of selling the future for a guy who will see less than 5-7 touches most games.

The 49rs had their best season BEFORE drafting Jerry Rice.

Priority #1: get the franchise QB that will front your organization for a decade+.

Priority #2: after securing THE quarterback, or if THE quarterback is not available, build a dominant line on both sides of the ball, starting at LT and C.

Priority #3 secure the middle of the team: MLB/ILB, safeties, running backs.

Priority #4: secure a defensive backfield.

Last place: get wide receivers.

I, myself, get tired of the "real fan" and troll non-sense as well, and I see a few posters here, who were just the other day posting their own tirades on the Falcons, slinging such accusations. That is hypocrisy at its finest. Me, I posted about my situation on being a fan in another thread.

I am with you on this one.

This season sucks. No doubt about it.

Smith needs to be more aggressive in his playcalling, yep... most would agree with you.

Maybe TD needs to be a little more lax with the Falcon filter and take some risks especially with Oline men in the draft.... Okay, not a stretch

But,,, some of you people are either really stupid or this is a sad reflection of a portion of the Atlanta fan base.

You know, in life, you can do everything correctly and still lose. I understand that several of the posters to this board are perennial losers, but realize that football, and a lot of times in life, you can do everything you need to do and still not "win". Every applied for a job that you really thought you were qualified for? Every tried to date the really hot girl that for some reason just didn't give you the time of day? Ever, God forbid, played a sport at any level and were really on the better team but lost???

Our team does not do everything perfectly, and it is no excuse for some of the things that are going on this year, but you are a freaking idiot if you think that our team, paid professionals, are going to throw in the towel and stop trying just because we are 1 - 4 and lost all four games by a narrow margin. Some of you think that Tony should be traded. I could see Tony talking to his son now, "yeah son, I made a commitment to a team and fan base, but because things weren't going exactly like we thought we would we gave up and I asked for a trade". Yeah, because you know winning a playoff game is more important than actually standing for something and working hard. I'm pretty sure people like Tony and Ryan and Osi are going to try everything they can to get us in the playoffs, and if they don't do it they are better people for trying.

Then there are the ignorant b@stards that think we should fire everyone from the GM down. Really, yeah because there are so many teams out there that win game after game, year after year. Admittedly TD has made some drafting mistakes and admittedly Smith has made some coaching mistakes, but to take a historically bad team and turned them into what we have now is not easy. How many teams out there have even achieved close to what we have in the past five years. There is not a game in the past 5 years that we did not have a chance to win. You can count the other teams in the NFL that could say that on one hand.

So, before I get flamed away from all the people that think we should have won a super bowl or two, or think that this team is going nowhere how about considering what is harder. Getting to where we are now or where the majority of the rest of the NFL currently is, because from what I see, most teams would gladly trade their past 5 years in for what we have (excluding the injuries of course).

foo32-hh-thumb-320x356-48.png

I've always like Smitty but he should have kicked FGs against the Pats and Jets and not give in to the stupid fan base and media. He prolly cost us one of those gms

Yeah, like Glanville said: "If you start listening to the fans you'll end up sitting next to them"

Don't ever tell me Swift doesn't get under peoples skin.

Look at this guy.