Today's All New Nfl.........a League Of Injuries

Bring It

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Also, now we have a whole new dimension to this insanity in the name of Jadeveon Clowney (how appropriate the name). This imposter won't even play his college ball obligation because it will risk his being spoon fed MILLIONS of $$$$ in a future NFL signing. Talk about insane GREED."

If this is true, I sure hope the Falcons never try to get him. If he does that now, then who's to say once he gets the money from a NFL team he won't do the same thing because it will hurt his future.

This is why Brent Grimes is dead to me and I don't understand those who wish we would have kept him.

The NFL is attempting to eliminate unnecessary head injuries. It knows it can't wipe them out, but it's trying to cut down on them by penalizing players for playing in a way which increases the chance of head injury.

That's you buying into the media campaign. In reality what the NFL is doing is attempting to pawn the blame off on the players by creating this idea of an "offendor." What they're saying is that head injuries are caused by reckless play or players. In reality, the reason why head injuries are so prevalent is the archaic, outdated, and cowardly equipment the players are armed with.

Why spend millions on technology that revolutionizes the equipment used in the game when you can just scapegoat the players?

That's you buying into the media campaign. In reality what the NFL is doing is attempting to pawn the blame off on the players by creating this idea of an "offendor." What they're saying is that head injuries are caused by reckless play or players. In reality, the reason why head injuries are so prevalent is the archaic, outdated, and cowardly equipment the players are armed with.

Why spend millions on technology that revolutionizes the equipment used in the game when you can just scapegoat the players?

It's been a while since I've discussed the subject, but I've called Gooddell a hypocrite for enforcing these rules while simultaneously keeping up the business relationship with Riddell, the maker of the old style helmet, which is still used.

It's been a while since I've discussed the subject, but I've called Gooddell a hypocrite for enforcing these rules while simultaneously keeping up the business relationship with Riddell, the maker of the old style helmet, which is still used.

Yup it's not about safety. Just like everything else in this world, it's about trying to fill your pockets.

i don't blame clowney. he saw what happen to lattimore.

Then go play tennis and stop wasting the University's time in football, what you were given a FOUR year scholarship for. This kind of greedy action is the beginning of the end. The sport will become a "Circus" of prima donnas. Oh wait..............almost there NOW.

Then go play tennis and stop wasting the University's time in football, what you were given a FOUR year scholarship for. This kind of greedy action is the beginning of the end. The sport will become a "Circus" of prima donnas. Oh wait..............almost there NOW.

You would do the samething if you were Clowney.

This is news because so few players in the NCAA with big futures do it. Most of them give their all for their school. And in the pros, ask the retired players who they root for more: their college team or their former pro team(s).

The way our season is going, we just might be in a position to draft him. I hope we pass.

Quitter.

Soft.

Selfish.

You would do the samething if you were Clowney.

You couldn't be more WRONG about me. I'm an older Dude with something that's all but disappeared from our culture today.......................................self respect. I wouldn't DREAM of leaving a University who gave me a FOUR YEAR SCHOLARSHIP to play a sport in less than four years, let alone QUIT playing because of fear of injuries. I couldn't...............and look into a mirror the rest of my life. Now, I understand this is totally foreign to most young folks today, but NOT to me. Sorry.

This is news because so few players in the NCAA with big futures do it. Most of them give their all for their school. And in the pros, ask the retired players who they root for more: their college team or their former pro team(s).

The way our season is going, we just might be in a position to draft him. I hope we pass.

Quitter.

Soft.

Selfish.

A................men !!!

You couldn't be more WRONG about me. I'm an older Dude with something that's all but disappeared from our culture today.......................................self respect. I wouldn't DREAM of leaving a University who gave me a FOUR YEAR SCHOLARSHIP to play a sport in less than four years, let alone QUIT playing because of fear of injuries. I couldn't...............and look into a mirror the rest of my life. Now, I understand this is totally foreign to most young folks today, but NOT to me. Sorry.

Objection - OVERRULED! laugh.png

Good job my man.

Really........................and how is that ??

The fans are paying to show up and watching in record numbers. The fans who promote a sport that is violent by nature. The fans who love hack bits like 'JACKED UP!'. The fans who eat up big hits. The fans who have made pay days for players rely on Sports Center highlights. The fans who whine that Goodell is making a flag football league.

If you tune in, buy a ticket, buy merch, post on a team board...you are sharing the responsibility and blame.

The fans are paying to show up and watching in record numbers. The fans who promote a sport that is violent by nature. The fans who love hack bits like 'JACKED UP!'. The fans who eat up big hits. The fans who have made pay days for players rely on Sports Center highlights. The fans who whine that Goodell is making a flag football league.

If you tune in, buy a ticket, buy merch, post on a team board...you are sharing the responsibility and blame.

guilty as charged

Oh, OK. I guess it all started with the Gladiators long, long ago..................somewhere in New Jersey.

It's like crying about cable tv prices. You can cry all you want, but if you are writing that check every month, you're enabling it.

Or...............how bout the cost of simply attending an NFL game. You have to decide on whether to re-finance your home, send your kids to college or attend ONE game.