Are You Really Looking Forward To 2014? We Are Far Away From Being Good...

chrisean

I agree, but its going to take more than 1 year to get back in contention. Safeties, Linebackers, O and Dlinemen, Tightends, Rbs, etc dont grow on trees and we cant get them all in one offseason...but we do have a franchise qb and that is half the battle.

See, but I think we're fine on running backs and safeties and maybe even linebackers. A strong d line makes everybody better on defense. The o line and the d line should be the top 2 priorities in terms of the draft and free agency. If the Falcons finish bad enough to get a top 5 pick, they actually would have a shot at the Clowney sweepstakes. He would fix SO many problems on defense.

See, but I think we're fine on running backs and safeties and maybe even linebackers. A strong d line makes everybody better on defense. The o line and the d line should be the top 2 priorities in terms of the draft and free agency. If the Falcons finish bad enough to get a top 5 pick, they actually would have a shot at the Clowney sweepstakes. He would fix SO many problems on defense.

I just read an article that supports my point...it referred to us as "a team of stars and scrubs" a few superstars backed by a bunch of bums. I'm sorry man, but DeCoud is one of the worst players I have ever seen as far a tackling and taking angles, so we ARE NOT good at safety. And as for LBs, come on man, what team are you watching?

I just read an article that supports my point...it referred to us as "a team of stars and scrubs" a few superstars backed by a bunch of bums. I'm sorry man, but DeCoud is one of the worst players I have ever seen as far a tackling and taking angles, so we ARE NOT good at safety. And as for LBs, come on man, what team are you watching?

For linebackers, I'm watching 2 undrafted free agents with no experience. Weatherspoon is out, Dent is out. Yes, the Falcons could use some extra depth, but to say they have nothing is pushing it. DeCoud has been horrible this season, but he's proven he can do his job when there is better talent surrounding him. Replacing a bunch of players isn't going to fix the team. Replacing coaches and adding depth will.

We can look towards 2014 all we want as fans, but step back and look at the team as a whole. Tony is gone, and we really shouldn't have paid him so much to come back when we could have drafted a cheaper replacement (Jordan Cameron anyone) this year. Roddy is getting old, and if he isnt, his sh#$ talking on twitter only to not be backed up sure is. Julio is hurt, and hopefully this is not the beginning of an injury prone career. Our LB corp is one of the worst in the league, if not history. Both lines are not NFL caliber...plain and simple, there are not to many players on either line that would or should start for 31 other teams in this league. HD is straight trash, as are our other WR not named Jones or White. Matty is a good qb...i truly believe that. I'm happy to have him as our qb and think that outside of maybe 4-5 teams, any other team would be lucky to have him...but we cant protect him. Our coaching staff is terrible. I do like Nolan (look what he did for Sanfran and Miami) he just doesnt have the players here in ATL. DeCoud is horrendous!!! In fact, Willy Mo is only average...he is there to make a play on the ball a lot, but he doesn't make the play!!! (i.e. last night or Pats game on long bomb) Besides Matt, Julio and possibly 1 or our new corners...WHERE IS THE TALENT NEXT YEAR? Oh...jaquizz is too small to be a consistent threat(he's not doug martin, sproles, ray rice, etc.) Snelling is just there....

what do you want us to look foward to? rest of this season? wait for 2016? good grief.

Well, it all depends on how bad this gets, doesnt it?

If we win 4 games and pick 3rd or 4th overall, we can turn our 1st round into a group of picks/players.

We know Cleveland will be QB desperate and they'll have two picks. What if we could turn #4 and #68 overall into something like #10, #22, # 42 and #72?

If we go middling and win 6-7 games somehow, then things are a little different and we probably focus on making a small incremental move down to pick up some mid rounders.