Are You Really Looking Forward To 2014? We Are Far Away From Being Good...

chrisean

We can look towards 2014 all we want as fans, but step back and look at the team as a whole. Tony is gone, and we really shouldn't have paid him so much to come back when we could have drafted a cheaper replacement (Jordan Cameron anyone) this year. Roddy is getting old, and if he isnt, his sh#$ talking on twitter only to not be backed up sure is. Julio is hurt, and hopefully this is not the beginning of an injury prone career. Our LB corp is one of the worst in the league, if not history. Both lines are not NFL caliber...plain and simple, there are not to many players on either line that would or should start for 31 other teams in this league. HD is straight trash, as are our other WR not named Jones or White. Matty is a good qb...i truly believe that. I'm happy to have him as our qb and think that outside of maybe 4-5 teams, any other team would be lucky to have him...but we cant protect him. Our coaching staff is terrible. I do like Nolan (look what he did for Sanfran and Miami) he just doesnt have the players here in ATL. DeCoud is horrendous!!! In fact, Willy Mo is only average...he is there to make a play on the ball a lot, but he doesn't make the play!!! (i.e. last night or Pats game on long bomb) Besides Matt, Julio and possibly 1 or our new corners...WHERE IS THE TALENT NEXT YEAR? Oh...jaquizz is too small to be a consistent threat(he's not doug martin, sproles, ray rice, etc.) Snelling is just there....

Actually we will be right back in the thick of things next year. We will have a lot if $ to play with next year. RG and RT we will nab in FA and draft and sign some DL help. Get a LB or 2 via FA and Draft

Edited by J-Wall

We can look towards 2014 all we want as fans, but step back and look at the team as a whole. Tony is gone, and we really shouldn't have paid him so much to come back when we could have drafted a cheaper replacement (Jordan Cameron anyone) this year. Roddy is getting old, and if he isnt, his sh#$ talking on twitter only to not be backed up sure is. Julio is hurt, and hopefully this is not the beginning of an injury prone career. Our LB corp is one of the worst in the league, if not history. Both lines are not NFL caliber...plain and simple, there are not to many players on either line that would or should start for 31 other teams in this league. HD is straight trash, as are our other WR not named Jones or White. Matty is a good qb...i truly believe that. I'm happy to have him as our qb and think that outside of maybe 4-5 teams, any other team would be lucky to have him...but we cant protect him. Our coaching staff is terrible. I do like Nolan (look what he did for Sanfran and Miami) he just doesnt have the players here in ATL. DeCoud is horrendous!!! In fact, Willy Mo is only average...he is there to make a play on the ball a lot, but he doesn't make the play!!! (i.e. last night or Pats game on long bomb) Besides Matt, Julio and possibly 1 or our new corners...WHERE IS THE TALENT NEXT YEAR? Oh...jaquizz is too small to be a consistent threat(he's not doug martin, sproles, ray rice, etc.) Snelling is just there....

In this league, you are successful by these 2 key drivers: 1. Quarterback 2. Coach. The Falcons have one of those two things already. Hire a new coach with fresh new eyes and draft up some depth and sign some free agents that can also fill the gaps. If the 2008 Falcons can go 11-5 after a 4-12 season, this team can turn it around next year as well.

In this league, you are successful by these 2 key drivers: 1. Quarterback 2. Coach. The Falcons have one of those two things already. Hire a new coach with fresh new eyes and draft up some depth and sign some free agents that can also fill the gaps. If the 2008 Falcons can go 11-5 after a 4-12 season, this team can turn it around next year as well.

Not really, you can pay anyone to dump the ball off 80% of the time..Just don't have to pay him 100 Mill..

Edited by Failcons2011

I say we trade away some players this year and stock pile some picks. Trade Roddy, Gonzo(just bc he deserves a shot at a title/playoffs), SJax if we can, Decoud, HD...we are not going to go to or win the SB with this current roster. We have no passion or fire and to be honest, no real difference makers. Look at Seahawks and 49ers, ****, look at the Colts! They made legitamite acquisitions in the offseason and are contending. Trent Richardson for a 2nd!!!! They are set for the next 5yrs at that spot, but we overpaid for a guy who got hurt and wasnt even tackled when it happend.

You're trying WAY too hard.

Not really, you can pay anyone to dump the ball off 80% of the time..Just don't have to pay him 100 Mill..

I agree, if you want to run the west coast offense (which is what we look like due to oline woes), they should have traded Matt and signed Alex Smith

I say we trade away some players this year and stock pile some picks. Trade Roddy, Gonzo(just bc he deserves a shot at a title/playoffs), SJax if we can, Decoud, HD...we are not going to go to or win the SB with this current roster. We have no passion or fire and to be honest, no real difference makers. Look at Seahawks and 49ers, ****, look at the Colts! They made legitamite acquisitions in the offseason and are contending. Trent Richardson for a 2nd!!!! They are set for the next 5yrs at that spot, but we overpaid for a guy who got hurt and wasnt even tackled when it happend.

Uh, the Colts traded a 1st for Richardson and he's not playing like a 1st round pick at all. Plain and simple. The Colts are successful in spite of him. Edited by JD dirtybird21

Uh, the Colts traded a 1st for Richardson and he's not playing like a 1st round pick at all. Plain and simple. The Colts are successful in spite of him.

He's worth a first and will only get better as he learns the playbook and how things are done in Indy. He also protects Luck and adds an attitude to the team...better than SJax has for us

Did the aints pay brees a 100 mill? Brees dumps it of more then anyone and he has a much better oline to try to let plays develop

That is a negative! Brees dumps it to their AWESOME back Sproles(who their coach had the smarts to sign) to set up his bombs. I hate the saints, but they are a FAR better team than we are...and it has to do with coaching

Just curious, have you opened your eyes and seen how much time Matt has to throw?

yeah, its bad! TD should have factored that in during the offseason...just another example of how NOT a genius he is. Skill players dont win championships, trench players do!

He's worth a first and will only get better as he learns the playbook and how things are done in Indy. He also protects Luck and adds an attitude to the team...better than SJax has for us

How is Richardson worth a 1st round pick? He has done literally NOTHING in his career to show any promise whatsoever. That trade was brilliant by the Browns.

yeah, its bad! TD should have factored that in during the offseason...just another example of how NOT a genius he is. Skill players dont win championships, trench players do!

I'm with you on coaching is bad and management made bad decisions as well. But when you say the Falcons are FAR from success, you are wrong. The team has lots of talent and a franchise quarterback. All they need is to get healthy and a new head coach. Signing some free agent o and d lineman will help a ton. Drafting some talented players will help as well. The team can easily contend next year with the right off season moves.

How is Richardson worth a 1st round pick? He has done literally NOTHING in his career to show any promise whatsoever. That trade was brilliant by the Browns.

I think it was good on both sides. It lets the Browns start over, it protects A. Luck with the threat of a punishing runner. Don't hate on other teams making sound decisions...just admit our current regime can't draft fo sh#@ and that besides a few razzle dazzle players, we really dont have a good team.

I'm with you on coaching is bad and management made bad decisions as well. But when you say the Falcons are FAR from success, you are wrong. The team has lots of talent and a franchise quarterback. All they need is to get healthy and a new head coach. Signing some free agent o and d lineman will help a ton. Drafting some talented players will help as well. The team can easily contend next year with the right off season moves.

I agree, but its going to take more than 1 year to get back in contention. Safeties, Linebackers, O and Dlinemen, Tightends, Rbs, etc dont grow on trees and we cant get them all in one offseason...but we do have a franchise qb and that is half the battle.

I agree, but its going to take more than 1 year to get back in contention. Safeties, Linebackers, O and Dlinemen, Tightends, Rbs, etc dont grow on trees and we cant get them all in one offseason...but we do have a franchise qb and that is half the battle.

Dont forget that our 13-3 season came against one of the easiest schedules that year. We are now playing some real talent, and getting beat...IN PRIMETIME mind you