Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willy Mo

With No Julio, What Are Your Expectations For The Rest Of The Season?

23 posts in this topic

We get to see if Matt Ryan is really worth 20 mill a year or is he just a product of his environment

I'm hoping Davis or cone gets their chance to shine and do something with it.

My expectation for the rest of the season is to see Matt Ryan take more risk and really work well the the oline. Nobody has yet pointed out that Mclure was a huge success to Ryan's read and adjustments. I finally had a chance to compare post Mclure tenure and noticed that Mclure never snapped the ball to Ryan if he made a wrong line adjustment on the hurry up. Ryan would make adjustments and I would say about 8 out of 10 times Mclure was right. This is what konz needs to do too. He needs to help Ryan and both need to really go back to the chalk board. Our offense needs to score 30 points per game to really open up the defensive scheme. Our dline is simply inconsistent. We cannot keep our LB clean enough for them to attack their assign gaps. We need a NT that does not care about scheme and plays relentless per each snap. A nt that will sacrifice stats and stardom and perform admirable in the trenches so others can make plays.

I am not yet sold on scraping our tackle positions. I am actually more concern with our guards. We cannot win playoffs if our running game is missing. I also look at Steven Jackson as a huge mistake now that our season is unfolding. We need to draft a RB and get Guard.

DT, G, RB, T.

NT needs to start right away. No more rotational scheme. We need to solidify and sustain a consistent force in our interrior dline.

G we need a slightly above average guard at the left side.

RB we need pro bowl RB.

T we need a RT that can handle pash rush. We need a bigger body and one that does not often get pushed so easily. It causes Ryan to back pedal and not make easier throws.

I'll pm you my number so you can tell me what you really think.

Lol. No I doubt we go 12-4, but if we get are crap together after the bye and start getting healthy we could. We've been in every game even when we played horrendous at times. We still got a shot even if its slim.

With a better coaching staff I'd say we still had a shot at pushing .500, maybe 9-7. But I just dont think Koetter is flexible enough to switch to a creative scheme and try to manufacture quality situations.

But who knows? Maybe we hang around...we're certainly going to be slowing it down and keeping our defense off the field as much as possible.

Now our coaching staff has to coach guys up. I think now more than ever you have to get away from the conservative thought process because now it's time to be creative with your depth! It's possible to keep the ship afloat while guys are healing up but coach smith needs to grow a pair and get this team on track. Can't use injuries as an excuse because that's why you have a 53 man roster! I'm still behind my birds but I want to see these coaches start coaching and these players start executing.

With the way that we're playing as a unit, I'd be willing to go 6-10 at best. 4-12 at worst. We're getting outplayed and outcoached in pretty much every aspect. That doesn't help at all. We probably beat AZ and Washington. Split with Carolina and sweep the Bucs. That'd be best case scenario because there's no way in heII we get past GB, SEA, SF, or even the fukc a ss stains, with the way we've been playing. We have an outside shot at beating Buffalo, but mainly because they lost their starting QB.

9-7 in my heart. 12-4 is my prediction. Yeah that's right! I've been saying 12-4 for months and I won't quit until it's physically impossible.

Hard to see the offense carrying this pitiful defense with 4, or 5 key pieces missing plus the OL playing the way it has been.

We've turned into the Saints of last year on defense and at this rate we won't be able to defend anyone.

HOWEVER, if no further serious injuries and if Roddy/SJax comes back(important injured men get back and make big impacts), the OL comes together(still possible), and the defense improves? You have a team more than capable of a wild-card birth still with the QB we have.

You nailed it. Right now the Falcons are the Saints from last year with a worse offense. We saw how much of a struggle it was for the Saints to get to 7-9 last year. I don't know why anyone expects the Falcons season to turn out better. For as much crap as the defense is getting what people are refusing to see is that had the offense done their job the Falcons are probably undefeated or 4-1 at worst.

I'm still hoping for a long winning streak. The way some of the teams are playing in the NFC we still have a slim chance but we have to start playing with some serious balls as well as that applying to the coaching staff!

I'm still hoping for a long winning streak. The way some of the teams are playing in the NFC we still have a slim chance but we have to start playing with some serious balls as well as that applying to the coaching staff!

Today wasn't a good day for the Falcons. All the key teams, except the Saints, the Falcons needed to lose to gain ground, Packers, Panthers, 49ers, Lions, Eagles, all won and the Bears won on Thursday. All teams ahead of the Falcons in the NFC.

Today wasn't a good day for the Falcons. All the key teams, except the Saints, the Falcons needed to lose to gain ground, Packers, Panthers, 49ers, Lions, Eagles, all won and the Bears won on Thursday. All teams ahead of the Falcons in the NFC.

Yeah I know I'm just hoping since we are 1-1 against the NFC we could get this thing turned around! I know things are looking down but I'm trying to find something to hang on too.

I don't have much hope with Julio gone.

I forsee a lot of close losses. Stephen Jackson helps the offense eventually, but the defense can't stop anyone when it counts.

3-13